Game-Labs Forum
Gregory Rainsborough

Willemstad Gazette

that's a great initiative and a great work, Greg, thx.

Grettings!

• Like 1

YFJncn7.png

https://docdro.id/izVaZEp

There are reports of players being killed while reading the Willemstad Gazette. Please remember to pay attention while sailing.

The Willemstad Gazette holds no responsibility for any death or injury incurred while reading the paper.

One correction: On the 1st page it says the article on the left was written on 11.01.2020. It was actually written on 14.01.2020.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, rediii said:

I need a Yucca

The Yucca is poisonous. Beware of pets and children.

Die Yucca ist giftig. Passen Sie auf Haustiere und Kinder auf.

also: 

da0g28be109o.jpg

There were also some reports last April about some freak snow in the Dominican Republic. It turned out to be an April’s Fool.

mountainous islands altitudes are cooler but there’s no snow.

your Salt can be destroyed :)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Is it possible to host this somewhere else as well? I get some weird privacy error even after clicking continue with Chrome...

37 minutes ago, Spikes said:

Is it possible to host this somewhere else as well? I get some weird privacy error even after clicking continue with Chrome...

ah finally i am not the only one 

perhaps this one ?

https://pdfhost.io/

Again, good work, but surprised the editor did not go into more detail regarding the Dutch loss at Haulover, considering he took part in that battle.

The forts in that battle dismasted one each of friend and foe, so were not as instrumental as the editor makes out.

Just now, Archaos said:

Again, good work, but surprised the editor did not go into more detail regarding the Dutch loss at Haulover, considering he took part in that battle.

The forts in that battle dismasted one each of friend and foe, so were not as instrumental as the editor makes out.

I did mention it. If those square forts didn't exist the British fleet would have been attacked immediately as they wouldn't have been able to sit under its guns.

Just now, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I did mention it. If those square forts didn't exist the British fleet would have been attacked immediately as they wouldn't have been able to sit under its guns.

Same could be said for any port with forts. The Brits in that battle actually took the fight to the Dutch but not in a fleet brawl.

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Same could be said for any port with forts. The Brits in that battle actually took the fight to the Dutch but not in a fleet brawl.

Lol, maybe Greg can't remember Cartagena. 🤔

PD. Greg,  I think I remember that Islmorada was Dutch until the Russians conquered it. Maybe you should do like good journalists and not lie ... 😁😅

• Like 1

I do wish people would stop complaining about forts, unless their nation doesn't build any forts. Destroy all your forts and then you are allowed to complain about them. 🙄

• Like 1

Issue #3. REDS dictate to Spanish clan FNI who they can be friends with.

It´s clear that is not correct. Nobody says us who is the enemy..Autor must ask directly to first hand resources to tell this. Or are you looking for a new Spanish diplomatic stand for your convenience ?

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, Magallanes said:

It´s clear that is not correct. Nobody says us who is the enemy..Autor must ask directly to first hand resources to tell this. Or are you looking for a new Spanish diplomatic stand for your convenience ?

It is not a neutral paper. So ofc the story will be painting a picture, 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Magallanes said:

Happy for you to pop on the SNOW Discord and have chat about any corrections I need to make :)

Bear in mind I write about what I hear, I can't hear everything unless people talk to me.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

A drop box has been added to the SNOW Discord. You can give information, stories there directly as well as any corrections you'd like to request.

The only person who can read the channel is myself.

Even you won't be able to read what you've sent after it has been sent :)

Link to SNOW Discord below.

https://discord.gg/ZapzXFh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

A drop box has been added to the SNOW Discord. You can give information, stories there directly as well as any corrections you'd like to request.

The only person who can read the channel is myself.

Even you won't be able to read what you've sent after it has been sent :)

Link to SNOW Discord below.

https://discord.gg/ZapzXFh

Only Bocar is fighting the Swede and a player from ViE. And again we don't aid any nation, we just try to make life harder for any nation hold SJ.
And be on @rediii’s naughty boy list, Well not the first time I had to visit the principals Office.

20 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

we just try to make life harder for any nation hold SJ.

That by definition means you're fighting against the Swedes for the time being :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

That by definition means you're fighting against the Swedes for the time being :)

Honestly, and this has nothing to do with the qoute I'm just taking the opportunity via the qoute, but I love the gazette and you should be commended for making it!

Best loss of indiamans I've ever had!

26 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

It does. But you keep writing we screen for Russia. In some sence you are right. But there is a big difference. We only show up when Sweden is involved. We don't help Russia against other nations. You won’t see us help them against the Dutch ore Spanish atm.

We have said no to other nations, to screen for them. We just like to have fun with Sweden atm, since they hold San Juan. If Russia take SJ, and don’t hand it over to a Danish clan, we will try oure best to have fun with them.

I know it is a small thing, just don’t like the Sound of us in alliance with Russia.

Edited by Bryan Von Gyldenloeve

I for one really appreciate the effort going into the Gazette - it's a great fun read and spices things up a bit.

Greg - Never mind the moaner(s), there'll always be a few no matter what. Already looking forward to the next issue.

• Like 1

Fun thing about period gazettes is sometimes the propaganda, and given the name of this publications - Willemstad Gazette - one can easily identify it as being a "most probably not all facts are accurate but does it matter ?"

I mean... a tunnel being dug under the channel and a air fleet coming soaring above, so Nappy will invade England was posted on some back in the day.

Image result for napoleon invasion of england illustration

:D

Good job Captains. This is far more interesting and entertaining, for me, than other "drama news" threads.

• Like 1