Game-Labs Forum

The Gazette

5 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I'd subscribe!

I wasn't sure if I was suppose to read that in your normal voice or the B-Rated Darth Vader (He has the flu/cold) knock off voice from the other night?   Either way it was a good read and hope your feeling better, almost got my own cold kicked I think. 

• Like 2

Again a good read, but surprised that there was no mention of the Swedish Southern front stalling with the failure of the attack on Great River. It may only be a temporary setback but it was notable because of the excellent turnout of GB Captains, with over 50 ships participating in the screening action which prevented their port battle fleet getting to the port.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Again a good read, but surprised that there was no mention of the Swedish Southern front stalling with the failure of the attack on Great River. It may only be a temporary setback but it was notable because of the excellent turnout of GB Captains, with over 50 ships participating in the screening action which prevented their port battle fleet getting to the port.

Keep up the good work.

not much to report if a PB doesnt happen :P 

16 minutes ago, Prince of Wales said:

not much to report if a PB doesnt happen :P 

Well the screening out of a PB fleet is a win, and the excellent response from GB players should be a warning to the Swedes, that if GB gets their act together they are a force to be reckoned with. Not many nations can field a screening fleet of 50+ players at that time of day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archaos said:

a warning to the Swedes, that if GB gets their act together they are a force to be reckoned with

If they do - which also means gathering an RvR fleet able to match the swedish one - they could be a thread. WIthout it, they don't have an option to threat Sweden - they can just slow down how fast they loose ports.

It'd be in the good interest of GB to start thinking how to get peace now, when their position is still not as bad. Better yet, it'd be better for them to not start the war. It's a bit too late for this though.

4 hours ago, Archaos said:

Well the screening out of a PB fleet is a win, and the excellent response from GB players should be a warning to the Swedes, that if GB gets their act together they are a force to be reckoned with. Not many nations can field a screening fleet of 50+ players at that time of day.

50+ screeners at that time of the day, yet Puerto Plata, in the evening, on a saturday, only had a few brave warriors in the PB

:(

On 1/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

@dark arisen the clan diplomat okayed everything and @Tom Farseer for being my favourite grammar Nazi :)

I'm still not sure, depends on time, amount of content etc... Might just keep it irregular depending on info I dunno.

10k doubloons good sir :)

79gpyp3nr31ia.jpg

inside information by some unknown revealed that.

many editors talk about 4000 to 5000 doubloons
to successfully face the competition

Edited by Thonys

I would like to lodge a complaint @Gregory Rainsborough

I was reading this excellent gazette addition whilst on an AFK trading run. The resulting lack of attention to winds and sails meant that I inadverdently drifted into a zone patrolled by most zealous privateer fleets. The resulting carnage has done little to improve my profitmargins and for some reason I find it hard to hire new sailors. Needless to say that I hold the editor of the Willemstad Gazette accountable for the loss of 4 indiamans with madagascar jewels!

My books are painted in red, and I don't give a crap for the sailors lost - it's my profitmargins!!

• Like 3

YFJncn7.png

https://docdro.id/izVaZEp

There are reports of players being killed while reading the Willemstad Gazette. Please remember to pay attention while sailing.

The Willemstad Gazette holds no responsibility for any death or injury incurred while reading the paper.

One correction: On the 1st page it says the article on the left was written on 11.01.2020. It was actually written on 14.01.2020.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 8