Game-Labs Forum

The Gazette

8 hours ago, rediii said:

I need a Yucca

The Yucca is poisonous. Beware of pets and children.

Die Yucca ist giftig. Passen Sie auf Haustiere und Kinder auf.

also: 

da0g28be109o.jpg

There were also some reports last April about some freak snow in the Dominican Republic. It turned out to be an April’s Fool.

mountainous islands altitudes are cooler but there’s no snow.

your Salt can be destroyed :)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Again, good work, but surprised the editor did not go into more detail regarding the Dutch loss at Haulover, considering he took part in that battle.

The forts in that battle dismasted one each of friend and foe, so were not as instrumental as the editor makes out.

Just now, Archaos said:

Again, good work, but surprised the editor did not go into more detail regarding the Dutch loss at Haulover, considering he took part in that battle.

The forts in that battle dismasted one each of friend and foe, so were not as instrumental as the editor makes out.

I did mention it. If those square forts didn't exist the British fleet would have been attacked immediately as they wouldn't have been able to sit under its guns.

Just now, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I did mention it. If those square forts didn't exist the British fleet would have been attacked immediately as they wouldn't have been able to sit under its guns.

Same could be said for any port with forts. The Brits in that battle actually took the fight to the Dutch but not in a fleet brawl.

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Same could be said for any port with forts. The Brits in that battle actually took the fight to the Dutch but not in a fleet brawl.

Lol, maybe Greg can't remember Cartagena. 🤔

PD. Greg,  I think I remember that Islmorada was Dutch until the Russians conquered it. Maybe you should do like good journalists and not lie ... 😁😅

• Like 1

Issue #3. REDS dictate to Spanish clan FNI who they can be friends with.

It´s clear that is not correct. Nobody says us who is the enemy..Autor must ask directly to first hand resources to tell this. Or are you looking for a new Spanish diplomatic stand for your convenience ?

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Magallanes said:

Issue #3. REDS dictate to Spanish clan FNI who they can be friends with.

It´s clear that is not correct. Nobody says us who is the enemy..Autor must ask directly to first hand resources to tell this. Or are you looking for a new Spanish diplomatic stand for your convenience ?

Happy for you to pop on the SNOW Discord and have chat about any corrections I need to make :)

Bear in mind I write about what I hear, I can't hear everything unless people talk to me.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

A drop box has been added to the SNOW Discord. You can give information, stories there directly as well as any corrections you'd like to request.

The only person who can read the channel is myself.

Even you won't be able to read what you've sent after it has been sent :)

Link to SNOW Discord below.

https://discord.gg/ZapzXFh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

That by definition means you're fighting against the Swedes for the time being :)

Honestly, and this has nothing to do with the qoute I'm just taking the opportunity via the qoute, but I love the gazette and you should be commended for making it!

Best loss of indiamans I've ever had!

I for one really appreciate the effort going into the Gazette - it's a great fun read and spices things up a bit.

Greg - Never mind the moaner(s), there'll always be a few no matter what. Already looking forward to the next issue.

• Like 1

Fun thing about period gazettes is sometimes the propaganda, and given the name of this publications - Willemstad Gazette - one can easily identify it as being a "most probably not all facts are accurate but does it matter ?"

I mean... a tunnel being dug under the channel and a air fleet coming soaring above, so Nappy will invade England was posted on some back in the day.

Image result for napoleon invasion of england illustration

:D

Good job Captains. This is far more interesting and entertaining, for me, than other "drama news" threads.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Fun thing about period gazettes is sometimes the propaganda, and given the name of this publications - Willemstad Gazette - one can easily identify it as being a "most probably not all facts are accurate but does it matter ?"

I mean... a tunnel being dug under the channel and a air fleet coming soaring above, so Nappy will invade England was posted on some back in the day.

Image result for napoleon invasion of england illustration

:D

Good job Captains. This is far more interesting and entertaining, for me, than other "drama news" threads.

Aye, I've made no secret that I'm writing from the Dutch perspective for a Dutch audience :)

• Like 1

The idea is brilliant, but not well executed, sometimes. A real journalist would know that spreading fake news and non-super partes sentences is not an optimal way of writing news.

On the other hand, you're not a real journalist (I suppose), and this is a game. But still, many things were inaccurate (or deliberately manipulated in order to seem more swedish-friendly).

I liked very much the other "episodes" of the Willemstad Gazette, but unfortunately today some articles were not enjoyable due to excessive propaganda. 
I got a suggestion for you: how about "interviewing" someone from the other side too, in order to share both points of view, and try to write an "impartial" newspaper (or something close to it)? Otherwise.. it only appears to be something written to keep swedes (your overlords?) friendly, since they're doing the dirty job for you!

Keep going, I'm sure next week (is it weekly, now?) it'll be better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Aye, I've made no secret that I'm writing from the Dutch perspective for a Dutch audience :)

Very realistic new reporting, so I guess the Gazette is like the Fox News of NA. Presenting this as if they were reported facts while it's actually an opinion piece. 

2 minutes ago, Captain FrosT said:

The idea is brilliant, but not well executed, sometimes. A real journalist would know that spreading fake news and non-super partes sentences is not an optimal way of writing news.

On the other hand, you're not a real journalist (I suppose), and this is a game. But still, many things were inaccurate (or deliberately manipulated in order to seem more swedish-friendly).

I liked very much the other "episodes" of the Willemstad Gazette, but unfortunately today some articles were not enjoyable due to excessive propaganda. 
I got a suggestion for you: how about "interviewing" someone from the other side too, in order to share both points of view, and try to write an "impartial" newspaper (or something close to it)? Otherwise.. it only appears to be something written to keep swedes (your overlords?) friendly, since they're doing the dirty job for you!

Keep going, I'm sure next week (is it weekly, now?) it'll be better.

Why don't you write up your view of the state of affairs and seek to publish it in the Gazette?

• Like 6

Willemstad  Gazette 4 a good read and working alternative version as well.

it was:  spot on.

excellent .

i certainly hope some other nations share their vision and journalist very soon to the news paper (if they possess any ....lol) 

many have comments but no real content to share it seems .

Edited by Thonys