Game-Labs Forum

Player Count/Nation choices

This has been suggested before.  It's almost too late to do something like this because of the existing imbalance.  I suppose they could put a 15% of population limit on every nation and let it settle over time.  The problem with something like this has always been the inactive players.  A nation could be severely limited if a large proportion of their players are inactive. 

to get a better picture perhaps a automatic removal from clans is a possibility to get a better look on the matter.

for example:

for being inactive for 2 months give a automatic removal from the clan members list .

when all members from a clan are being inactive for 2 months the complete clan  tag is also removed.(side effect will be a cleaner list for clans as well)

Edited by Thonys

22 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

sounds good to me, special the suggestion of Thonys.  I would do implementate a smaller step to clean up the clan for inactive officers.

8 weeks inactive, an officer will loose his rank and a normal member thrown out of the clan

16 weeks a former officer, now member will loose the clan membership

Fair enough, but what about the nation count?  It's not the clans that are the issue, but the truly fat nations...is it not?  How about if you are inactive for 16 weeks, all your stuff goes to a neutral port and you are nationless until you rejoin somewhere with less than 15% of the pop?

• Like 1

Players should not be forced to choose a nation, may encouraged by getting some ships or mats, when they join and stay for a certain time. Still this would likely be exploited by alts.

No one will spend his free time in playing a nation he doesn't like, forcing people will only encourage them to leave the game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HappyTime said:

I'm quite new to the game...regarding this discussion, is it possible to flip to a different nation?

Basically as @Bart Smith says. You can either purchase the Prolific Forger DLC, or delete your character and start a new one in another nation. Since you're new and likely haven't made much progress yet, it's probably best to do the latter should you find yourself wanting to switch nations.

Edited by The Geth

Personally I like having a choice and prefer to play without excessive restrictions imposed on me.  It's an open world. 

Currently I can join the nation I choose, be it an underdog with almost no chance of surviving, or a superpower that offers safety and security.  If I'm unhappy in a Nation I can change nations.  Removing the freedom to move would diminsh the enjoyment.  I might feel satisfaction helping a poor nation rebuild strength.    Some players might want to join the winners and contribute to the top nation.  I can change nations and keep all assets and XP, or I can restart my character and begin to rebuild my assets.  I can buy new copies of the game;  and use mutliple characters from the various nations,  or have more than one character in the same nation. 

It is;  good to have options, and bad to have the game limits forced on us.

Edited by Macjimm
spelingk
  • Like 1

Those that purchase NA should have the freedom to chose how much or little time they spend online.

Also, to spend that time doing what they want. Not be told what they must do.

Some are able to play for longer due the their own specific circumstances.

IE. Some may be retired. Having more time. Others working so not so much time. Etc.

Having paid their money for NA. Surely it is up to them how long or little they play.

Also, I do not think players should be coerced into or not playing for a specific country.

I am fortunate that my country of birth is Included. So I would not wish to play for any other nation.

I would not wish to fight against my country.

Very obvious reason for choosing the country of your choice. Being able to speak the language !

It’s an open world game.

Edited by contact
Error
  • Like 2