Game-Labs Forum

montañes class

I think that they forgot about this ship, but you might receive something else you did not ask for instead (it's a game about ships, but why keep it like this when you can add a grind-all-day element?)

I would like to see that ship ingame too, but good luck with that

Edited by Captain2Strong

25 minutes ago, ManuelSpain said:

hehe sorry I don't know much English. I just hope we can see more Spanish heavy ships. we only have the santisima

uche uche... kuch.. roggel !

how much does a Dutch ship cost in world of warships ?

Atleast you have the Santisima, I'm still waiting for a Dutch ship of the line, even though the Dutch where not one of the big boys in the timeframe mostly concerned in NA. Nations with less naval reputation around these times somehow got their ships in. Every ingame nation should somehow be represented in this game. So VP. Poland and Prussia please.

o7

36 minutes ago, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

Atleast you have the Santisima, I'm still waiting for a Dutch ship of the line, even though the Dutch where not one of the big boys in the timeframe mostly concerned in NA. Nations with less naval reputation around these times somehow got their ships in. Every ingame nation should somehow be represented in this game. So VP. Poland and Prussia please.

o7

7 provinces was chosen along with the montanes I thought? I can't find the old poll atm.

Edited by Potemkin

We already have several Spanish ships in game.

One of my favorite ships is Spanish (designed). It's LRQ.

There are more 7th-6th rate Spanish ships (1) than French ones (0).

meaning that what we need is a small French ship.

Quod erat demonstrandum

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Stop trolling or I will troll u at every post.

Le Requin is french. Its design is based on ships used by the barbary states and other mediterranean pirates.

Devs know where the money is as the best selling ship was rattvisan, a 70 gunner. Most people did the tutorial and exams to skip using your little fishing boats. 

I'm not trolling at all. I for one have a life besides this forum.

However anyone who claims to like Spanish ships, ask for more and who'd know a bit of naval history should be fond of LRQ and could consider her as if she was Spanish.

Edited by LeBoiteux

Caribbean Sea, 18th century ... most ships should be Spanish and British. The rest of the countries only exist in this game to sell more copies. 😂

Wish list:

Montañés (3rd)

Santa Ana (1st)

San Juan Nepomuceno (3rd)

Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes (5th)

San Telmo (3rd)

Galleon (trade)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Yoha said:

Let's get some Dutch, USA, and Russian first rates first please.

And maybe buff the Victory because it kind of sucks compared to the other 2 first rates.

USA didn't build any first rate in the NA timeframe.

I can't remember any dutch first rate of the late XVIII century, maybe because of shallow waters.

The game has already a few russian ships: mercury, frigate, st pavel, ingermanland.

I would rather see a portuguese and more spanish or swedish (chapman design) ships. We have enough french and british ships.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Montagnes said:

USA didn't build any first rate in the NA timeframe.

I can't remember any dutch first rate of the late XVIII century, maybe because of shallow waters.

The game has already a few russian ships: mercury, frigate, st pavel, ingermanland.

I would rather see a portuguese and more spanish or swedish (chapman design) ships. We have enough french and british ships.

The NA time line is a bit blurry. It is essentially 1700s to early 1800s.

USA First Rate:  USS Pennsylvania (authorized in 1816)

Dutch had many 1st "charter" ships in the early 1700s. (About 20 to chose from) Some of these could fit in a 1st rate role.

Russian 1st rates...there are so many to chose from. If I knew Russian I could be more specific. I'm sure the Russian players have some favorites.

I didn't realize that Portugal was a nation in NA. Let's get them a 1st rate too.

4 minutes ago, Yoha said:

The NA time line is a bit blurry. It is essentially 1700s to early 1800s.

USA First Rate:  USS Pennsylvania (authorized in 1816)

Dutch had many 1st "charter" ships in the early 1700s. (About 20 to chose from) Some of these could fit in a 1st rate role.

Russian 1st rates...there are so many to chose from. If I knew Russian I could be more specific. I'm sure the Russian players have some favorites.

I didn't realize that Portugal was a nation in NA. Let's get them a 1st rate too.

Pennsylvania was launched in 1837.

Early 1700 ships are hard to properly balance when you have much more modern ships from the 1790s.

There were russian frst rates, but that wasn´t my point.

Portugal was more a seafaring nation than some of the nations included in the game.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Montagnes said:

Pennsylvania was launched in 1837.

Early 1700 ships are hard to properly balance when you have much more modern ships from the 1790s.

There were russian frst rates, but that wasn´t my point.

Portugal was more a seafaring nation than some of the nations included in the game.

I did say "authorized" (aka when they essentially started its construction process). Granted the USS Penn is borderline in the period. I still think it would be a nice addition.

The devs should add ships according to the playerbase. If mostly Russians, Dutch, and Americans play the game, then mostly add new ships from those nations.

Not all new ships the devs add need to be the most powerful in their class. They can be balanced by setting their BR to an appropriate amount.

10 hours ago, Yoha said:

I did say "authorized" (aka when they essentially started its construction process). Granted the USS Penn is borderline in the period. I still think it would be a nice addition.

The devs should add ships according to the playerbase. If mostly Russians, Dutch, and Americans play the game, then mostly add new ships from those nations.

Not all new ships the devs add need to be the most powerful in their class. They can be balanced by setting their BR to an appropriate amount.

Following your logic regarding playerbase, we should have way more German ships.

Penn would be hard to balance, a very late 130 guns ship with decks of 32pd. No ship takes 21 years to be built btw.

Imo, devs should add the most iconical and representative ships from the navies of this period. 

Edited by Montagnes
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Montagnes said:

Following your logic regarding playerbase, we should have way more German ships.

Penn would be hard to balance, a very late 130 guns ship with decks of 32pd. No ship takes 21 years to be built btw.

Imo, devs should add the most iconical and representative ships from the navies of this period. 

If Germans are a large part of the playerbase then let's get them some historical ships too.

The USS Penn may not have taken 21 years to physically build, but the entire process of beaurocracy and designing to the final product did take 21 years.

Balancing ships isn't easy, but it can be done by setting the right BR and deviating slightly from historical accuracy.

21 minutes ago, Edmund Blackadder said:

Because there were so many „German“ ships sailing around the 7 seas that time (Especially in the Caribbean).

is that the reason we have so many russian ships? xD

Edit: sry i think i misunderstood your post reading it again now, not sure ;)

Edited by Durin

Always considered it counter-immersive to find ships out of period, out of historic context, for pleasing customer factions by their nation of origin. If you follow down this road some day it will be a game not recognizable as an age of sail game with a claim of being realistic. Then it will be some weird crossover of steam punk with alternative universe timeline. Because there is no real border to importing nonsense once the gates are opened (chinese junks... *hint, hint*).

It's not that hard to roleplay and adapt to any nation which is traditionally present in the Caribbean of 18th century. No matter what nation you belong to in real life. It works in films, in books, and other games. Nobody was/is rewriting them just so any recipient can find a six-lane highway into the setting for his greater convenience, or because he is lacking a minimum of fantasy.

• Like 3