Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AeRoTR

Holding in Battles for 2 hours

I didn't watch to whole video, lol who would, I stopped when havoc guys started insults. 

So if you are not happy, may be you should try some lobby based games ? Try world of tanks may be ?

It is a released game so I do not expect game mechanics to change. There are many occasions when a bad tag occurs, after long time, you decide to get out and try a better tag. If you want to catch enemy players or to run away, may be you can bring faster ships ?

*** What I want admin to do, is consider havoc guys using words like "alcoholic, di*k, etc." as they are now publishing this video and making their insults public. May be there should be another tribunal for personal insults and publishing the video ? ***

I like it a lot when some special players abuse every game mechanic, in and out, over and over, upside down etc. and cry when they are not happy. 

NOTE: I watched the end, which was the fun part. Very good job HAVOC team. So wasn't it worth spending 2 hours ? Where would you find this kind of pvp ? You grind hostility, do lots of stuff, to get a port battle which is not even close to this battle. So why the tears ?

Instead of this retarded post, you should put the last battle in great battles section, remove the initial crappy parts with small battles. One of the best battles I have seen, good job again o7

So at the end it was an even fight, sweden 9700 BR vs britian 10000 BR (as one cristian left the battle at the start). Out of the even battle,  a very good victory for sweden.  

Havoc vs Bastd.jpg

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Toxic and bad gameplay or mechanics should be top priorities instead of adding unnecessary features like seasoned woods

well said...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Toxic and bad gameplay or mechanics should be top priorities instead of adding unnecessary features like seasoned woods (fine woods 2.0).

Game has recovered about 30% of its average online players partially thanks to a patch that fixed trading and improved rvr. 

could you cry in patch feedback where such opnions are supposed to be?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

*** What I want admin to do, is consider havoc guys using words like "alcoholic, di*k, etc." as they are now publishing this video and making their insults public. May be there should be another tribunal for personal insults and publishing the video ? ***

Reported a Player ingame and to ink who said to me i should go to area 51 and get shot and calls other people nazis. that was 10 days ago . Every day he is still spamming chat. Furthermore the game is lacking ingame chat moderation. Where are all the chat mods? If they are not around anymore its time for new ones.

On topic:

A few capable frigates more would have solved rediiis problem before it even existed. Still I believe "Area control" set to 400m or 350m while the perk gives 750m should be how tagging works. Shooting sails and masts to keep someone tagged is meh.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

Crying about griefing because it took 2 hours to get a 10k vs 10k BR battle?  I think you were just upset you didn't get to sink all the mostly 4th rates the GB guys brought at first that you know you would've sunk with 1st/2nd rates HAVOC had. 

Having to tell someone like you to look up the meaning of griefing is so sad, they wanted to go and get bigger ships to fight. So in your own words, in your post, you define it as not griefing. 

Like someone else said, go post this in a mechanics discussion thread where you can talk about better tagging mechanics.

Edited by Never
  • Like 4

I think that leaving battle immediately to retag is not that bad

but if someone is holding other people without actually fighting(running away when enemy is sailing at them and tagging when they disengage, repeatedly and for a long time [because if they do it 1 time and start fighting again then this is just some sort of strategy]) then this is very bad I think

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Toxic and bad gameplay or mechanics should be top priorities instead of adding unnecessary features like seasoned woods (fine woods 2.0).

this is true
these dumb woods are not even doing anything for the game except add up additional unnecessary grind
the reward from sinking those AI fleets next to capitals should be something that is not connected with crafting and boring grind, but something claimable immediately

Edited by Captain2Strong
  • Like 1

I think there is a reasonable amount of time as to where smaller frigates can "hold" larger ships in battle to allow reinforcements to arrive, precious cargo to leave or ports to save.  Skirmishers have their place on land and sea.  That said, an hour and a half is not a reasonable amount of time and frankly should be a bannable offense.  You are quite literally restricting the gameplay of another.

I'm not exactly sure why it always seems to be the Brits that do this, in particular GA and BASTD....but I guess if you can't beat em, grief em.  

What we really need is a decision here from @admin that is the end all be all of keeping others in battle for extended periods of time.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

That said, an hour and a half is not a reasonable amount of time and frankly should be a bannable offense

yes, this should not be something that happens in this game I think

I'm not exactly sure why it always seems to be the Brits that do this, in particular GA and BASTD....but I guess if you can't beat em, grief em

I think that most of the nations with a more significant playerbase than 4 or 5 players have those(with some exceptions maybe), because the more people are in the nation, the more likely you're to get certain type of person

What we really need is a decision here from @admin that is the end all be all of keeping others in battle for extended periods of time.  

good luck 🤣

2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I didn't watch to whole video, lol who would

I watched a little bit of the video and noticed that a lot of ships sank in that battle!

Edited by Captain2Strong

Since there is no way to really "fix" this issue with mechanics without potentially breaking gameplay, and judgements on tribunal unlikely to really stem the tide, I vote you should at the very least be able to verbally abuse whoever is doing it to you :)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Since there is no way to really "fix" this issue with mechanics without potentially breaking gameplay, and judgements on tribunal unlikely to really stem the tide, I vote you should at the very least be able to verbally abuse whoever is doing it to you :)

but there might be some ways to prevent this I think
for example I have this idea:  auto-ban if you do it for the whole 1,5H with repeated warning coming up a lot earlier
I dont know how they would do it but maybe this is a good solution

Edited by Captain2Strong

longer invis time for the tagged side, 120seconds so they can log out if it becomes necessary, but in some way people are against it and it has been suggested such a long time ago

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

longer invis time for the tagged side, 120seconds so they can log out if it becomes necessary

good idea!

50 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

I don't think many if ANY solution has even been tried haha

I'd start by changing the spawn spot after leaving a battle, maybe spawning far off from the original tag spot if you sailed away from there during battle would be a decent start to prevent instant re-tags. 

• Like 2

or they could start with a perfect position to get rekt
or cannon shots could do 20 times as much damage to those ships!
or they could start with a perfect position to get rekt and cannon shots could do 20 times as much damage to those ships

Edited by Captain2Strong

some kind of reversed areal control is needed, say you have a perk you can choose which gives the wearer a 500m circle, if no enemy ships are within that circle for 2:40 min you can leave, doesent matter if you get shot from a bullet 1000m away, you still get the chance to leave

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain2Strong said:

I watched a little bit of the video and noticed that a lot of ships sank in that battle!

The last one, yes.

5 hours ago, z4ys said:

A few capable frigates more would have solved rediiis problem before it even existed.

Ignoring the rest of your post since the rest is completly true.

So you are saying that:

1. It is totally fine that ships that are faster than your fleet can dictate you to give a fair battle or they keep you in battle for 1.5 hours?

2. People need to sail frigates to chase others away and die just so the big ships dont have to waste their time?

1 hour ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:
4 hours ago, Captain2Strong said:

or they could start with a perfect position to get rekt
or cannon shots could do 20 times as much damage to those ships!
or they could start with a perfect position to get rekt and cannon shots could do 20 times as much damage to those ships

Actually admin allready have told how he is going to solve it. We will get circle of death. Like in PZ.

very bad idea
it's going to force you to perform terrible moves even if you're actually going to fight
this is one of the worst things ever implemented in this game!

this shit is going to disable usefulness of some players since the very beginning of the battle, which makes no sense and is dumb and not fun and only wastes someones time for the sake of bullshit

48 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

some kind of reversed areal control is needed, say you have a perk you can choose which gives the wearer a 500m circle, if no enemy ships are within that circle for 2:40 min you can leave, doesent matter if you get shot from a bullet 1000m away, you still get the chance to leave

this might be a good idea, but if it doesn't work correctly it has to be adjusted(for example the time and the size of circle)

Edited by Captain2Strong
  • Like 1

if that is so it seems to me a fatal idea, it does not allow me freedom of decisions on how I want to act or when I want to fight or not because it will limit my movements, and all because someone complains about how to play this or that player, (although it does not seem good to me either), rediii are you going to complain too that in the battles of port with little br do you always enter the same players? because that is what I always see you in the battle of rvr, you always enter them and only others enter when the br does not reach you.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Ignorando el resto de tu publicación, ya que el resto es completamente cierto.

Entonces estás diciendo que:

1. ¿Está totalmente bien que las naves que son más rápidas que su flota puedan dictarle una batalla justa o lo mantengan en la batalla durante 1.5 horas?

2. ¿La gente necesita navegar fragatas para ahuyentar a otros y morir para que los grandes barcos no tengan que perder el tiempo?

it is precisely what in many combats was used to hunt larger ships while heavy ships arrived in combat, and by the defenders was also used to allow their heavy ships to escape the action when they were not favorable just look at the naval fighting between 1650 and 1820, although even in the ww2 you can see that it is precisely what is done to avoid or engage larger units in combat.

10 minutes ago, firebool said:

it is precisely what in many combats was used to hunt larger ships while heavy ships arrived in combat, and by the defenders was also used to allow their heavy ships to escape the action when they were not favorable just look at the naval fighting between 1650 and 1820, although even in the ww2 you can see that it is precisely what is done to avoid or engage larger units in combat.

there was no seperate battle instance where time went considerable slower though. Same in ww2

22 minutes ago, rediii said:

sin embargo, no hubo una instancia de batalla separada en la que el tiempo fuera mucho más lento. Lo mismo en ww2

It is true, also the real dead people and they were not 0 and 1, this is a game, and it does not matter what system you put that people are going to twist to get the maximum performance as happened with the explosive ships, I think today on the day the way of labeling is quite good, although as is the case, take advantage to twist it, but that is why you can not limit the movements of the players every two by three because in the end you are taking away the freedom to play as you want and That does not like anyone, just playing with some frigates in your battle group surely they could not keep you in battle, on the other hand it is not logical that from now on everyone has to play with 1st lines, right?