Game-Labs Forum

Fed Up-week 2 of trying install with no clear instructionvon. in second week of install effort jdue to fragmentary instructions.misleading install very u withyvcwith beintglack of install pklationmany hours of install effort atrtem==hal

MikeK

Your prior land warfare games are great. Age of Sail looked good, but without install instructions and instead an easy looking but misleading UI in the initial processes  and my game Commodore membership is useless. it turns out that the game only works with the email used for the game purchase rather than my GL credentials.  . One of many things that should be up front in a step by step install guide  Someone needs to change this. II did what seemed reasonable from the clues in the game. 

If there is a foolproof installation guide I will try a last time, having uninstalled it (Security s/w did not like it anyway).

Absent a resolution,I want a refund.  at I will probably buy a different copy when there are instructions worthy of the name.

Edited by MikeK
fatigue

So I am not sure if this is a troll or not based on the title and the fact that this isn't in the support thread but I will do my best to explain anyway.

Process:

1. After successful purchase of at least the Commodore edition, you will receive an email:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  945877835_KeyForPurchase.PNG.d6f851d277931ae7f1585ff18639b0d7.PNG
  2. Press 'Download the game' which will result in an exe being downloaded in your web browser. Open and run it.
  3. You will be presented with a login. Note you will need to create a new account for the launcher and verify it:                                                                                                                                                                                                 1401201150_Launcher1.PNG.e3490529cb14965395d6958f84e30a9c.PNG
  4. In the bottom right, you will see 'redeem key'. Press that and enter the code given to you in the email.                                                                                                                                                                                                              1688634908_RedeemKey.PNG.2596a2eda4aec286b7f161fc967fbf09.PNG
  5. After successfully redeeming the key, a blue button will appear that allows you to install the game.                                                                                                                                                                                                    Play.PNG.f247a28cb669d044ef6b2e6d3cfd2a9f.PNG
  6. Note: If you are missing that email, the launcher doesn't download, the account isn't being create, nor the key actually working you need to contact xsolla who are the distributors of the game until the ea steam release.
  7. Note: Some times, malware protection tools such as malwarebytes may detect the game as harmful to your computer. If this happens, it is important to white list the folder as to allow updates.
  8. Note: I believe this has been fixed however, you may run into a visual c++ issue when trying to download the game despite already having it installed. Either use the repair tool or uninstall and then reinstall the visual and eventually, it will work.

Hope this helps and enjoy playing mate!

Edited by WilliamTheIII
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WilliamTheIII said:

So I am not sure if this is a troll or not based on the title and the fact that this isn't in the support thread but I will do my best to explain anyway.

Process:

1. After successful purchase of at least the Commodore edition, you will receive an email:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  945877835_KeyForPurchase.PNG.d6f851d277931ae7f1585ff18639b0d7.PNG
  2. Press 'Download the game' which will result in an exe being downloaded in your web browser. Open and run it.
  3. You will be presented with a login. Note you will need to create a new account for the launcher and verify it:                                                                                                                                                                                                 1401201150_Launcher1.PNG.e3490529cb14965395d6958f84e30a9c.PNG
  4. In the bottom right, you will see 'redeem key'. Press that and enter the code given to you in the email.                                                                                                                                                                                                              1688634908_RedeemKey.PNG.2596a2eda4aec286b7f161fc967fbf09.PNG
  5. After successfully redeeming the key, a blue button will appear that allows you to install the game.                                                                                                                                                                                                    Play.PNG.f247a28cb669d044ef6b2e6d3cfd2a9f.PNG
  6. Note: If you are missing that email, the launcher doesn't download, the account isn't being create, nor the key actually working you need to contact xsolla who are the distributors of the game until the ea steam release.
  7. Note: Some times, malware protection tools such as malwarebytes may detect the game as harmful to your computer. If this happens, it is important to white list the folder as to allow updates.
  8. Note: I believe this has been fixed however, you may run into a visual c++ issue when trying to download the game despite already having it installed. Either use the repair tool or uninstall and then reinstall the visual and eventually, it will work.

Hope this helps and enjoy playing mate!

Thank you

Good luck, Mike. Please keep us posted.