Game-Labs Forum

Naval crew experience not working ?

Cobramys

Can you explain a little more of what you mean? Unit stats seem to be increasing for me and I am not seeing officer promotions. However, when I see units star during a battle, I don’t see that reflected in the harbor normally. Xp has seemed to have had a lot of issues throughout development and even though it is mostly working, there does seem to still be quite a few bugs left with them. The best thing you can do is send a bug report which helps the devs fix the problem as fast as possible. 

Thanks for reply. I have posted a short bug report that experience is not working. I have never seen a 1, 2 or 3 star ship in harbor permanently. On you tube there are gameplays of 18 episodes and no ships have any stars. If you put experienced land soldiers back to reserve and than to ships crew you get ships with stars in harbor but after a save  and load action those stars dissapear and crew experience are reset to 1,1,1,1,1,1 you already wrote about. I was trying too look at ships crew experience before and after battle (removing officers not to complicate the view) and it seems not to work at all.

Regards

Cobramys

Bumping this thread.

While doing my tests about surrender, thus really dragging out the fight, I managed to get a ship even up to two stars in one battle. But in the harbour this don't seem to be doing anything much in harbour and next battle they will be gone. Quite confused. Is this a bug? A yet unimplemented feature? A simple increase in stats we're all too silly to notice?

I was noticing that all my crew which are midshipman unless I bought them as something else aren't really ranking up.  The land officers are ranking up but not my ships officers.  I'm still sitting with a bunch of midshipman after many battles.  Also your name officer that you pick dies and doesn't come back. In UG:CW you would get wounded and than come back, but never die with your main officer.  

The other problem I think is that if they are ranking up they get killed right afterwards as I'm replacing them a lot too.  I been in my English play through pumping up the points for Officer XP to see if the helps along with the luck thing for them not getting killed when wounded.

So I just did a big Naval battle and it had three guys rank up at the end. I went to check those three guys and they where no longer Chip Captians of those ships. They where missing.  So I'm  thinking the reason I'm not seeing any one rank up is either they rank up when they die or the game is removing them.  I have the officer rank up perk maxed out and still sitting with Midshipman and a few sub LT's taht I bought and one LT.  Even though I keep having battles state such and such was promoted.  I also see the same officers being promoted over and over to the same rank in the same stage.   

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

It does seem that naval officer promotion isn't working as intended however, some such as Nelson are actually promoting (they weren't actually promoting even though the game said they were). The hero unit is still immortal even if the game says Nelson dies, he doesn't actually die. Same goes for wounded where he actually isn't wounded. 

34 minutes ago, WilliamTheIII said:

It does seem that naval officer promotion isn't working as intended however, some such as Nelson are actually promoting (they weren't actually promoting even though the game said they were). The hero unit is still immortal even if the game says Nelson dies, he doesn't actually die. Same goes for wounded where he actually isn't wounded. 

but he's gone, not able to put on a ship so he might as well be dead.  Maybe all the promotion guys go into limbo some where that we can't see?