Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action - User Guide

Aquillas

11 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

I'll try to find this for next revision. At least by taking infos in my forge.

Thanks for the remark. 🙂

It's the best there is, coupled with felix's map which shows ship parts required etc but I could not find forge info and thought somebody might already have it

am always pointing new players to your guide , thanks again

• Thanks 1

Read it and despite playing for the past year and a half on Peace, I learned about a few new things.

One thing that might be nice to have is how hostility mission works. I took part in my first one this weekend and there was quite an emphasis on the exact time to leave a combat instance and the number of ships. Contextually, I assume that the more ships sunk means that the clan/nation has an advantage in being awarded the PB mission but I don't understand why a precise time to leave a combat instance is so important.

Edited by Eduard L'Aquila
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eduard L'Aquila said:

Read it and despite playing for the past year and a half on Peace, I learned about a few new things.

One thing that might be nice to have is how hostility mission works. I took part in my first one this weekend and there was quite an emphasis on the exact time to leave a combat instance and the number of ships. Contextually, I assume that the more ships sunk means that the clan/nation has an advantage in being awarded the PB mission but I don't understand why a precise time to leave a combat instance is so important.

Thanks for the comment.

This point will be clarified in next revision (2).

In great lines, the clan of the player who takes the hostility mission is the one who will earn hostility points. Even if a single player of this clan participates to hostility fights and 9 players of another clan helps. These 9 players don't need to belong to friendly clans of attackers. (1)

Hostility can raise only in the PB timer defined by defenders. Points are added at the moment when all attackers leave the hostility mission. If the last attacker leaves out of the PB timer, no point will be added.

Port Battle will be set 24 hours after hostility reaches 100%.

(1) The role of the friendly clan list, in crafting and in RVR, also needs to be more detailed in the guide.

(2) Next revision of the guide will probably be uploaded beginning of March .

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Aquillas said:

Next revision, early March, will be full A4 instead A5.

Great!

Wanted to ask about this for quite some time now, but decided not to, because of all the work you already did... So I reworked the pdf myself, bit stressy when you're updating ;)

• Thanks 1

The next revision of our User Guide is being written-up. This update 2020-03 will include:

• More details on crafting in forge (resource needs for each type of gun),
  • More details on hostility mission mechanics,
  • More details on raids,
  • More details on the role of friendly clans,
  • Update on chests,
  • Check on ship list and main data, update if necessary (Naval Action Map stays the detailed reference on that point),
  • Document in A4 instead of A5.

Any other need?

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:09 AM, Aquillas said:

The next revision of our User Guide is being written-up. This update 2020-03 will include:

• More details on crafting in forge (resource needs for each type of gun),
  • More details on hostility mission mechanics,
  • More details on raids,
  • More details on the role of friendly clans,
  • Update on chests,
  • Check on ship list and main data, update if necessary (Naval Action Map stays the detailed reference on that point),
  • Document in A4 instead of A5.

Any other need?

Revision 02 issued. The link is updated in the first post.

I decided not to create an external link to this forum, the permanent link will stay:

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/33234-naval-action-user-guide/

The advantage is to give a link to the place where comments can be made if something must be further clarified, or must be corrected.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The next revision should include:

• Add an explanation and screen shots about wind boosts (forgotten in guide up to now).
  • Update DLC list, addition of Victory 1765
  • Check ship characteristics (based on “Felix’s Map”), addition of Victory 1765
  • Details on cheaper edition (if implemented)
  • Add player protection (Home Defence Fleets and Light Fleets)
  • Add new woods (those that can be planted, those that can be used for DLC ships and those that only drop in some ports [rule/conditions to be defined])
  • New Player missions (To be checked by creating / reset an account)
  • New RVR Rules / Flags
  • Explanation about “Transport to Port Battle”
  • Removal/change in doubloon use (if implemented)
  • Port Investments (how to increase the number of port points?)
  • Change in ROE, timers, exit rules.
  • More details to be added in §9 about how to win battle (if possible, this is a long work that could be postponed to next revision)

This will be quite a big update, probably delayed with the implementation in game, and following necessary adjustments. In above list:

• In blue, what still needs to be written-up
  • In black, what is ready for issuance
Edited by Aquillas
Updated on expected content
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New chapter 8.1.3:

8.1.3        Conquest

Conquest (RVR) is clearly a group activity in Naval Action, only clans or clan members can participate to Port Battles.

8.1.3.1      Acquire the flag

Having a flag in a port Warehouse or in the main ship hold is necessary to launch the conquest of an enemy or neutral port. Here an example of 5 flags in a warehouse:

image.png.b971bdd433f0ed134584312fc4299f05.png

The only way to acquire a flag is attacking some Home Defence Fleet around enemy capitals, sinking their ships and looting them. Once acquired, flags must be used during the next 7 days (they become useless in 7 days after initial capture). Expired flags can be traded in Admiralty. Flags drop from Home Defense Fleets (10% drop rate for each looted ship).

8.1.3.2      Pick a port and announce attack

Once a least a Flag is acquired, Player has to sail to a friendly port or a Free Town near the port he plans to attack, go in Port Quests (see §5.2.15 - Port Quests), select “Missions” and “Conquests”, then chose in the list the Port he plans to attack. Player can validate “Take Flag” only during the time defined in the “Attack Window”.

image.png.294787260c8e5cbc69c7bed98056386a.png

Flag allows attacking the two nearest enemy ports from the port in which Player is, )plus the nearest port of one of the three strongest nation. Some timers are added to prevent too many attacks on the same port (recent raided or recent Port Battle)

8.1.3.3      Plant the flag near the port

Once the flag is taken,

·         All players of the present owner of the enemy port are warned that an attack is planned against their port (example below)

image.png.5b3303d0590d91270bf0f9c2b2b99e73.png

·         Player has 30 minutes to go to the targeted port, at a distance shorter than 4 kilometres.

·         Player will be clearly identified as a flag holder, by a red flag placed over his ship on open world, visible by all friendly and enemy players.

image.png.0397a0aed4e194df7ad510c7c18df955.png

·         When sailing - captain will have slower speed due to transport and organization penalties.

·         Once at less than 4 km from the targeted port, Player can click on  “Set Conquest Flag” to launch the Flag Battle.

image.png.34e29e4f7b89d8323b78786909d8d825.png

8.1.3.4      Survive for 30 mins

Once the Flag Battle is Launched, the Flag Holder has the only mission to survive 30 minutes, from the moment when the first enemy enter in battle.

·         Flag battle remains open to friends and enemies during 15 minutes from the moment when Player has launched it.

·         If no enemy enters during the first 15 minutes, Battle is won and the flag is planted.

·         When the 1st enemy enters in the battle, the battle timer is prolongated of 30 minutes. The flag holder must survive until the battle is over.

·         The Flag Holder is identifiable by friendlies and by enemies by an [F], placed before his name in the battle player list (press TAB).

image.png.1d53bfddcc7e4238498a58096ca075ae.png

·         The Flag battle location is limited by a “circle of Death”, radius 2500 meters, out of which players will sink if they stay out more than 5 minutes.

The Port Battle is detailed in §9.5 (The Port Battles (PB’s))

Edited by Aquillas

New Chapter 9.5.2

9.5.2        Transport to Port Battle.

image.png.b429e921188876a705cdbb3520fa5957.png

If a port battle is planned to start in the 5 next minutes, Player can use the item to transport a group of captains directly to the port battle. The steps to do it are the following:

• Acquire the item, in Admiralty (the price is very expensive).
  • Create a group.
  •  Request the group to enter in the same port and click “Ready”.
  • Use the item.
  • Select the port to transport the ships to.
  • Admiralty will transport the battle group of players to one of the locations that is used by NPC Raiders.

Once sent to the port battle the PB Fleet ships will have 300 second of invulnerability, to spawn at the chosen place in the PB. PB Fleet players won’t be able to attack during these 300 seconds, only join battle.

The following requirements must be fulfilled.

• All captains must be in the same port
  • Only group leader who is a member of the clan alliance or clan can use the item
  • Holds of ships can only contain repairs (no trading goods)
  • Ships must not be overloaded
  • Ships must be combat ships (not trading ships)
  • Every group member must click “Ready” button of the battle group list and stay in port (green highlight on the battle group list)
  • Transport to port battle stops working 30 mins after port battle starts

Two battle groups can be teleported to a particular port battle.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

Revision 04 issued today.

First post updated.

• Add an explanation and screen shots about wind boosts,
  • Update DLC list, addition of Victory 1765,
  • Check ship characteristics (based on “Felix’s Map”), addition of Victory 1765
  • Add player protection (Home Defence Fleets and Light Fleets)
  • Add new woods (those that can be planted, those that can be used for DLC ships and those that only drop in some ports [rule/conditions to be defined])
  • New RVR Rules / Flags
  • Explanation about “Transport to Port Battle”
  • Port Investments (how to increase the number of port points?)
  • Change in ROE, timers, exit rules.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The 'side structure' of the Implacable has a typo ;). Its 17767 not 11767. It scared me for a moment when comparing it to the redoubt :P. 

Great guide, been using it from the start, mostly to check the ranks and ship BR quickly :).

Edited by Morgoth
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...