Game-Labs Forum

Need for manual launched torpedos as tactical tool

Grinsekater

Hi, 

I strongly suggest implementing the manual launch of torpedoes as tactical tool. Im often feelin that my destroyers are limited, because i can't launch one salvo at ships, and another at the predicted evasive maneuver, so i can land at least one torp salvo.

Are there plans to implement this yet? How do you feel about this?

• Like 1

I think this would be a nice idea, I'd like to see it. Especially because it is hard to fire "browning shots" at big groups of enemies right now.

It might be intensive micro-managing, though, which I think (?) some players don't want so much.

I think improved AI would go a long way to bridging the gap. If we can tell the AI to make a torpedo attack on a specific target (apart from just "hold fire" or "aggressive fire"), that might be fun. Imagine a smarter opponent, too, which can make its own coordinated attacks. 

Collision avoidance would definitely need to be improved for that, though. The AI is... pretty stupid right now.

8 hours ago, Grinsekater said:

at the predicted evasive maneuver

As admiral of the fleet, 20-30 ships, even more, manual targeting doesn't seem very practical, like the admiral himself wouldn't run down to the deck and train the torpedo's onto target.

Admirals would give orders to torpedo specific targets though, on that score selecting torpedoing targets is about as low as the game might get with micromanaging.