Game-Labs Forum

Ports with no drops?

It seems like ALMOST every port has some trade value now...  I just wanted to check and see if it's an intended behavior that there are a few that don't?   

Specifically, I noticed Les Gonaives USED to drop gold, but when that was removed nothing was added back?   Are there others on the map with no drops?   Can we by chance get drops added to any of these that exist?  

it seems weird that the folks who live in these few towns just don't do ANYTHING!  :)

At Cochinos they produce at least beans. But other than a strategic value the port does not have any other.

Would love to have a port investment that creates a building which increases the range of produced trading goods making the port more attractive for trading.

• Like 2

Let's go to Santa Fe to plunder ROVER!!! haharr joke... But ye can make some good trade runs from almost all ports... I hunt everywhere (most in emtpy areas) i catch a lot of goods! and... from an useless port, i can make 500k for an only TBrig, but that's borin'... Have to know the good runs! (nice for ye if ye like trading, better for ye if ye know the enemys trade runs)

Edited by Nick the cursed
  • Like 1

I found 23 'grietje van dijk's in Peurto Plata a few days ago.  No contract, only 400 gold a piece (maybe a new player just sold them to get rid of them?).

I think it is one the best changes made, random drops and no contracts possible on these drops.

• Like 2