Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
akjoujt

repairs

is it me or  it is getting boring to have 1h30  fight , with repairing full boat every 15 min. doesn't this advantage the people  who have nothing else to do in life ? doesn't it feel skill is useless without a massive amout of repair and rhum ?

• Like 1

Yeah, repairs are way too OP. It's goofy as hell that you can fully repair your ship multiple times over during 1 battle. There should be a cap of how much you can repair once you have been damaged badly enough. In battle repairs should be some quick fix to get back in a fight not some repair that gets you back to 100% perfect condition as if the ship just came off the shipyard. 

• Like 1

Two Words;
Failure Cascade

if you spam chain, or shoot at masts from 400m away, or try to kite and kill with long guns in frigate fights, i'm sure it feels like a new ship is getting printed out, simply because you're unlikely to inflict any true damage with those sorts of abysmal tactics.
If you split up damage (hull/rig/crew) and focus one while not ignoring the other you'll have better results, as you will (slowly) force that lovely failure cascade, when the enemy is forced to choose at that 15 minute mark whether he wants some more hull HP to continue brawling, or more canvas to regain the sail advantage. Your enemy makes a choice, and you play to his newly chosen weakness.
Or git gud and download rublibot.exe, i've heard that Gameover got salty and posted the source on xhentai.

There are limits, its called weight. The more repairs you carry the slower you are. And as John pointed out, it is a matter of showing how to counter  someone that is properly supplied. If you made the choice to go raiding without having enough supplies to deal with multiple engagements and hoped that there would be a resupply if and when you defeated someone that is called a gamble. This is also a choice that can be made to favor being able to maintain a faster speed. People will not always play this game based on what tactics you choose. Just because you do not agree with it does not and never will be wrong.

the problem i find with repairs is if you're up in a 1v2 the guys with 2 ships can take turns and repair an unlimited amount of times because of the insane repair bonuses and it wont matter how much you angle. As a player with a new account i find it insane how it is now and post release when i had all repair mods + ships with full port bonuses vs now im just testing out with capped ai ships for pvp

The thing is, the ONLY ship in the game with unlimited repairs is the basic cutter. So using that as a point of argument is a bit misleading and untrue.

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

The thing is, the ONLY ship in the game with unlimited repairs is the basic cutter. So using that as a point of argument is a bit misleading and untrue.

90 mins : 15 min cooldown = 6 repairs. Ships usually carry 5-10 repairs of each depending on what ship it is and module.

Usually you wont have to do 6 hull repairs it most likely a mix of a 2:3 ratio, let alone you would never start a repair from the 1.29.59 minute mark. By the time you've sunk a player you will probably overload yourself with the looted repairs from his ship (even more drops if its killed in boarding) . Example is from my battle yesterday, i fought an SC with my Essex for 45 mins. I spent 10 of my 25 hull repairs, and after i boarded him i looted his 30 odd hull repairs.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

12 hours ago, akjoujt said:

is it me or  it is getting boring to have 1h30  fight , with repairing full boat every 15 min. doesn't this advantage the people  who have nothing else to do in life ? doesn't it feel skill is useless without a massive amout of repair and rhum ?

It depends how decisive you play and what turns you make. Experienced players know how to play decisive and end people quickly. 

If repairmechanic would be changed it would mean that damage would have to be changed aswell.

What I would like tho is that if you repair you cant repair more. So:

You are at 50% repair. you have the ability to repair 33%. You end up with 83%.

Next repair you have 60% hull. You hit repair but you can only repair to 83% hull

Then you are at 40% hull and hit rrpair. You will then have 73% hullHP and cant get more than that for the rest of the fight. 

Rig would have to be different tho

• Like 3

one idea could maybe even be to link it with double balls and double charge so they are the Armor Penetration shots of naval action, while ball shot is the HE shot of naval action (if anyone have played wows).

Suggestion: 

1. You can only repair 5% of damage received from double ball and double charge ::This creates an actual usage of cannons vs carronades on medium to close range, although its limited:: This can be influenced with the repair bonuses, so if you have max repair bonuses you can repair 38% of the damage from double ball and double charge
  2. You can still repair the initial 25% + repair modules from ball shot ::This would still give carronades a place to play since if you burn up all you double charge or shot early having carronades always gives the upper hand if the battle lasts a long time::

Overall this would stir in the meta specially in the 4th rates and below