Game-Labs Forum

Decisive Battle option

Teckelmaster

And i never said anything different. If it is more than a bit work, leave it till it is the right time. 
Actually yes, i meant exactly that and since this time you switched sarcasm mode off also, i think i will respond with 

excuse me for sarcasm, but you did so yourself and i hope it doesnt affect the discussion too much at this point.

I agree, things can get easier, or more difficult.

I noticed a thing, i can not actually prove.

Let me take it a step back first:

I did quite a few 1 on 1 BB battles in custom battle and i noticed, that very often the armor of the enemy battleship is - what i think - the answer to my guns. Meaning, that the bigger the guns are, that i bring in, the bigger the armor of my enemy‘s ship is. I did not do 100s of battles yet, but i noticed at different times. Same appears to apply to the guns being response to my armor. It seems, the ai is already aware of what i do, but i do not bet money on it. If that is the case, i think that it makes adopting to one more variable extremely easy. Correct me if i am wrong though. It is something like „if setting blabla = 1, then function bigger armor“ (my classes of programming being 20 years ago though and i did never refresh). So yes, if it is that easy, i still like the idea, if it takes a programmer a whole day, i am undecided. 
Second thing i noticed, the computer never used the limits it had, always went with rather small hulls, weaker performing ships, while i brought IT, you know?! IT, THE battleship 😊

As far as i can tell, the computer lets me win in these scenarios, if equally set (same year, tech, amount of ships...), by default.

And finally: 

Let it be easy for me. That is fine. I am not competitive. I saw at another point in this forum the idea of different difficulty levels and i would totally support that, if i was not already in expectation of the answers, this forum will hold for me. And as of now, i am loosing the will to contribute, because even the modest, rational and not so unrealistic wishes that are being debated on different points in this forum are being answered with lectures in historic facts and things i do not even have a word for, that leave no room for individual wishes.

Sorry, i did not really mean to offend you, but i found your words offensively sarcastic also.

OK?

RamJB, i do not know how things went wrong with us, but let me make a thing clear:

I really think you are an infinite fountain of wisdom and knowledge, as far as i can tell at least for naval war history of the industrial age. Beyond that we do not happen to have had much contact. So i would really like to say: i totally appreciate your contributions to all the threads i read. Even though, in the end we did not agree in how far they apply to a game, i still would not want that to be an excuse for something personal between us.

I can, of course, google this pretty easily, still, as a second approach with diplomatic „flowers“:

what would the short answer be?

Hereby officially stating the obvious fact, which was never in doubt, that you are the expert between us. 
I know the basics of the (hello topic) rather decisive battle of tsushima strait (if i do not mix it up), though my knowledge on flags is next to non existent.

And damn i know that a few russian ships got away and it pretty much is an argument against the topic.

Was a long day for me, do you accept the offer of peace?

And - as a reminder - english is not my primary language, so if in doubt, this answer is honest.

LOL, mate, no need to go to offering me flowers, diplomatic or not XD. As far as I'm concerned my last post and your subsquent answer ended up whatever problem or misunderstanding we might have previously had. I stated that it wasn't my intention to get into any kind of personal discussion, and offered to "lets agree to disagree". Your answer made clear that you were OK with that, that you didn't mean to offend with your posts either.

Gone and done, that chapter is closed ;).

I was brief in my answer because I thought you'd get the reference just by naming the battle, as is one of those "great gestures" revered admirals used to have previous to big encounters that later turned out to be historically trascendent. It's a quite famous moment so I really thought you'd get the "Z" flag reference just by naming the battle of Tsushima. 
Previous to the engagement at Tsushima, Togo raised the Zulu flag (the "Z" flag) on Mikasa, as a message to his fleet to fight to the last and best to each man and ship. Given what happened next, Togo raising the Zulu flag achieved almost a mythical simbology for the japanese navy. They used it on Pearl Harbor, for instance. And some sources say that in some other places, such as Midway too.

Hence the reference RedParadize made to the "Z" flag ;).

Edited by RAMJB
  • Like 1