Game-Labs Forum

Report for griefing Capt Hardy and Richard Caley

Despe

shooting sails and kiting for 1.5 hours because you "have a bad matchup" ship-wise is griefing. It is universally despised by anyone its ever happened to, as are the scumbags that do it, regardless of circumstances.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Raekur said:

So if I am understanding this complaint correctly, Despe you are complaining that 2 ships that combined have less firepower than yours did not close to a range where you could do more than take pot shots at them. They harassed and weakened your ship while preventing you from inflicting a large amount of damage to theirs. You chose the weapon load on your ship the same as they did, the difference is that they made a better choice while you were hoping to run across a trader who was slower than you that your carrows could tear apart with ease. So you got upset because they would not make it easy for you. There were several times where you could have chased Hardy down into an area that would restrict his area to maneuver in and you turned away. That was your choice not theirs. On other occasions you fired only on shot or two instead of all available, again your choice. Your ships can dish out over 1200 points of damage using mediums compared to their 500 and you expect them to just close in and brawl with you at point blank range? You must really expect everyone else to be utter morons to think that a ship carrying longs will close to 200m away from a carrow laden ship when it has absolutely no reason to at all. This is not a tribunal worthy thread, more of a whining fest because you were ill equipped to deal with 2 smaller ships that were fitted for dealing with you in a manner that neutralized your advantage.

LoL, ask Gregory Raisborough what can he do with one snow. I use that ship usually and i sunk trincos, surpises and hercules with this ship. If you think that they can not win the battle, the correct way is leave, not kitting and and tagging 1:30 hours.

3 hours ago, Hands said:

and he admits it   HE WAS OUT LOOKING FOR BRIT TRADERS

I was here for tagging brits, not traders. I never said traders and also it is irrelevant. If i tag a trader they can enter into battle for help, and kitting me while the trader try to leave is a correct tactic. But this is not the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

Seriously? You want me to view a Video of a Battle you reported for griefing by boredom?

Try this again and i will report you for griefing 🤣🤣🤣

Video is for tribunal, not for you.

• Like 1

Ok, then how about this, YOU entered into british waters and expect the people who are defending their territory to just sail up and duke it out with you. Get over yourself. 

Griefing is tagging and disengaging. That did not happen as they were close enough on several occasions for you to actually hit them.

This is not griefing, it is you bitching because you didnt get your way. Dont want to spend 90 min in a battle, stay away from enemy ports then.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Ok, then how about this, YOU entered into british waters and expect the people who are defending their territory to just sail up and duke it out with you. Get over yourself. 

Griefing is tagging and disengaging. That did not happen as they were close enough on several occasions for you to actually hit them.

This is not griefing, it is you bitching because you didnt get your way. Dont want to spend 90 min in a battle, stay away from enemy ports then.

Im in a PvP server, i tag in all waters all enemy that i see, respecting the server rules. If you said that this give you the rigth to kitting one player 90 minutes in a battle you are precisely defining griefing is.

One might argue that the kiting tactics are appropriate to the situation for the british in this fight, but i think it is important to note that at no point did the two british attempt to press their advantage in any way, no attempt to actually sink the Herc was ever made other than VERY sporadic shots being put at the bow or stern from about 200 meters, and despite having pressed these tactics for an hour without success, they chose to continue to pursue these tactics to the very end.
Perhaps they are simply insane and believed that if they continued to do the same thing, something new would happen.
More likely I think that they are intelligent enough to realize after an hour of battle that their tactic would not win the battle for them, and chose to continue in that fashion regardless. The almost complete absense of hull or structural damage to the herc is sound evidence of that. Some in this thread have blamed Despe for failing to kill them, for failing to bring "correct" armament, and for failing to make "correct" shots. I think anyone speaking honestly can recognize that his actions are not on trial here. His "failings" are in the eyes of these posters are in the choice of guns and in making mistakes in combat. On trial here are people who actively and continuously pursued a tactic which they must assuredly have, at some point, realized was futile, if indeed they ever had the goal of sinking Despe. I refer to the almost complete lack of hull damage suffered by the Herc at any point in the fight. A strange way to sink someone that. "But they wished to cripple the ship before they pressed in!" I hear you protest. If after 45 minutes of shooting sail and masts from 300-500 meters you have not claimed a mast, and do not adjust your tactic i think you do not even care if you succeed, if when your enemy is reduced to ~65% sail by ball shot and chain you do not even then press your advantage, I think it is plain that you Never intended to do so.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2019 at 12:08 AM, Despe said:

I was grief today by Capt Hardy and Richard Caley in Morgans Bluff, in a 1.30 hour battle. I rec this video at 0.58 hour, because i thougth that it was a real battle, and when i understood that they only wanna me waste my time i start recording. The video finish at  0.05 hour, not sure for what, probably a bad configuration in my software

You spent 1:30 hour in battle because you didn't know about magic button like surrender.  :D

P.S.

Leaving messages in the Tribunal, you take time from developers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Read this    

The length of your video is 52:37. Is it full battle? I'm sure no but why did you make post in Tribunal?

I explain what the video is not full battle in my main post, just read it. I post in tribunal when i think that some players are harm me, if that dislike you can report my post or putting me in ignore, what you can not tell me is where I can or cant post is this forum. I put you in ignore, good luck in game.

So now you accuse them of kiting you. Where in the video did they kite you? They closed, opened fire and withdrew. That is NOT kiting. Your issue is that you entered into battle in a carronade equipped ship that was slow as crap. What did you expect to happen? I had someone try the same crap you are now, engage at the port then whine when they will not sail into open water away from the towers then once away from the towers bitch because I had longs and was upwind so i could hull him and he couldnt reach me. So he, like you started accusing me of griefing even though HE initiated the combat. 

On at least 2 occasions you could have turned and engaged Richard but you chose to continue to turn and fire at Hardy. So not only is your accusations empty but you chose to drag the battle out by making poor choices. You had several chances to change the battle and didnt, learn from your mistakes.

26 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Where in the video did they kite you? They closed, opened fire and withdrew. That is NOT kiting.

Well, that is the definition of kitting i think xD

Your issue is that you entered into battle in a carronade equipped ship that was slow as crap. What did you expect to happen?

One batlle has an objetive: sink the enemy. If you can do that, you tag and you sink probably in the first 30 minutes. If you can not do that that, the correct way is leave battle, not tag the enemy 1:30 hours.

So he, like you started accusing me of griefing even though HE initiated the combat. 

The combat was not initiated for me.

You had several chances to change the battle and didnt, learn from your mistakes.

I have not any chance,and if you were an experimentated pvp player you knowing that. They were faster like me, and try to shoot one neuchafel and one snow with carros in medium distances is imposible. They could have try to sink me but they dont choose that, they choose taggin me again and again 1:30 hours, and i am totally conviced that both players knew that this way of playing only serves to harm a player by the way of wasting his time.

Edited by Despe
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

These funny things seem to occur since all carronades is the new meta. Bad choice Despe :). Can´t see any abuse here. It might be anyoing for sure, but whining here

is even more annyoing.

Take a ship with one concrete configuration not gives another players the rigth to tag 1:30 hours. I said sometimes in this post, the objetive of batlle is sink your enemy, if you dont want or cant do that, the correct way is dissengage, not tagging until battle times out.

BTW, there are in this game experimented pvp players that uses Hercules with long gungs? My response is that i never have seen one.

Edited by Despe

9 minutes ago, Despe said:

Take a ship with one concrete configuration not gives another players the rigth to tag 1:30 hours. I said sometimes in this post, the objetive of batlle is sink your enemy, if you dont want or cant do that, the correct way is dissengage, not tagging until battle times out.

BTW, there are in this game experimented pvp players that uses Hercules with long gungs? My response is that i never have seen one.

I do sail with longs - at least on the bottom deck, but of course I am not such a gret warrior like you are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

I do sail with longs - at least on the bottom deck, but of course I am not such a gret warrior like you are.

I have said that I have not seen them, not that these kind of players do not exist.  In any case this conversation does not serve to solve this.

13 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

One for sure: IF it was griefing you give em exactly what they want when you report em in tribunal ...

I strongly recommend not to show your anger ... If you shout and maybe even insult you just increase fun of them...

This section is for reporting players with abusive actions. What they think or what those players want is not my business