Game-Labs Forum

Armor plate manufactoring limitations

CenturionsofRome

Historically, various nations have had limits on how thick they could reliably manufacture armor plates and this was a  major factor in warship design and construction. 

Right now, there's nothing stopping me from loading up Japan's Super Battleship and slapping 40in of armor on it with said 40in being just as effective as a 10in plate. Needless to say, this is not historically accurate. 

I'm not saying that this should be a hard limit, nations can and did take two smaller plates and fuse them together (see Yamato-class for example), but two smaller plates should not have the same quality as a single large plate. However, going over this limit should result in a armor quality debuff for the resulting plates. 

In campaign this should be something we can upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure if im understanding your post too well. but I will say that there is a deffo drop off point where lets say for example you could slap on 15" of armour and it will still be as good even if u equip 25" armour. same enemy guns, same angle and enemy hits you in the same place, ive tried an tested this extensively with various armour thickness. the results are the same, there seems to be a limit on armour thickness effectiveness

On 12/24/2019 at 4:35 AM, Mooncatt said:

im not sure if im understanding your post too well. but I will say that there is a deffo drop off point where lets say for example you could slap on 15" of armour and it will still be as good even if u equip 25" armour. same enemy guns, same angle and enemy hits you in the same place, ive tried an tested this extensively with various armour thickness. the results are the same, there seems to be a limit on armour thickness effectiveness

He meant not every nation had the industry to manufacture armor of a certain thickness.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Druzki said:

He meant not every nation had the industry to manufacture armor of a certain thickness.

oh I see, maybe im still right in what im saying though, ive slapped on stupid amounts of armour (everywhere) and lets say ive used 25inch on the belt, an enemy shot has still caused damage to the belt armour regardless of me using 25inch or 15inch (tried an tested numerous times at various angles, though not nation inclusive) there deffo seems to be diminishing results above a certain armour thickness.