Game-Labs Forum

Congrats

Considering all the chat that goes on, i would like to say a congrats to the devs for in my opinion getting the game to a point where i cant think of much that needs fixing. Recent changes to the trading, Port Battles BR, the change of how hostility is done, and fingers crossed the latest patch to the fireships that were just stupid!!! 

Finally i feel this game is at its strongest point ive seen it and hope it brings alot of new people to the game, even some old may come back!!! If there was a suggestion i would make its the distance of the Privateer fleets that come and tag you. I would like them just to be in or right next to capital zones.

But the main point of this post was to congratulate the current state of the game and i hope it brings in the number of people we would all like to see.

o7

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hammy said:

Considering all the chat that goes on, i would like to say a congrats to the devs for in my opinion getting the game to a point where i cant think of much that needs fixing. Recent changes to the trading, Port Battles BR, the change of how hostility is done, and fingers crossed the latest patch to the fireships that were just stupid!!! 

Finally i feel this game is at its strongest point ive seen it and hope it brings alot of new people to the game, even some old may come back!!! If there was a suggestion i would make its the distance of the Privateer fleets that come and tag you. I would like them just to be in or right next to capital zones.

But the main point of this post was to congratulate the current state of the game and i hope it brings in the number of people we would all like to see.

o7

and what is the suggestion? We need a "congrats" section.

9 minutes ago, Despe said:

If there was a suggestion i would make its the distance of the Privateer fleets that come and tag you.

this? you can specify that suggestion a little more. My suggestion is still a congrats section.

Edited by Despe

1 hour ago, Hammy said:

o7

super

we are now working new player mission. All existing features wont get touched and will only be slightly tweaked. This is it - times of experiments are over. All new things will be absolutely new and will only relate to new content or new combat features or quality of life (like hull leeway which will improve looting)

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, admin said:

This is it - times of experiments are over. 

I'd imagine 500 screenshots were taken of this sentence, and will be reposted in almost every patch thread going forward.  lol.

Congrats also on the paternity leave, @admin!  

I do agree on the suggestion though!   The Windward channel should not be ENTIRELY closed to traffic by the privateer fleets.   There needs to be a path through.

4 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

There are no issues with Privateer fleets.  Anyone who doesn't want their attention can just avoid Capitals.

I've not been harassed by them at all, and am pleased to see them near my Capital.

Try sailing along the Florida straight and see what happens, 40k away from the capital

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

There are no issues with Privateer fleets.  Anyone who doesn't want their attention can just avoid Capitals.

I've not been harassed by them at all, and am pleased to see them near my Capital.

I got attacked by two French privateer fleets on the far eastern edge of Roslay, a Sweedish port. One spawned right ontop of me, I lost all four of my ships and the trade goods they were carrying. I admit I was a little further west than i thought I was (can't have a Sextant when running four ships) but I was nowhere near Fort-Royal. just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

6 minutes ago, Winterthrust said:

I got attacked by two French privateer fleets on the far eastern edge of Roslay, a Sweedish port. One spawned right ontop of me, I lost all four of my ships and the trade goods they were carrying. I admit I was a little further west than i thought I was (can't have a Sextant when running four ships) but I was nowhere near Fort-Royal. just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

Sail with a sextant and no warships, just 3 traders.  You will be fine.

6 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Sail with a sextant and no warships, just 3 traders.  You will be fine.

Having a sextant isn't going to stop me getting jumped, when the second one attacked it was just on the edge of my view range when I turned, I hit a wind boost and was doing 32knots and it just cruised right up to me. I don't need a sextant, using the average speed I can work out roughly where I am and when I need to turn.

2 hours ago, admin said:

super

we are now working new player mission. All existing features wont get touched and will only be slightly tweaked. This is it - times of experiments are over. All new things will be absolutely new and will only relate to new content or new combat features or quality of life (like hull leeway which will improve looting)

@admini must say you are making more changes last 2 weeks than when game was in alpha.... More test incoming? 

13 hours ago, admin said:

super

Those are fabulous news, Sir! I always thought that new players have a rough starts if they aren't under the protection of a nice and friendly clan.

Do we expect the new missions before Christmas?