Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for port capture - Capital first rule is no more.

Recommended Posts

Captains

Hotfix was deployed  - its posted as separate note because of important changes.

 

Hostility mission changes

  • Your can now attack nearest 3 enemy ports without capital requirements. Capital first county second rule has been abandoned. 
  • Hostility mission spawning in one spot will happen a lot less now

 

Other fixes

  • Minimum crew required for sailing lowered from 70% to 40% to support forthcoming fire ship upgrade changes. It (high requirement) is also no longer required as people cannot now join port battles uninvited.
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

Minimum crew required for sailing lowered from 70% to 30% to support forthcoming fire ship upgrade changes. It is also no longer required as people cannot now join port battles uninvited.

Interesting.  Presumably, a ship with 30% crew will be very slow to change sail, load guns, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:

Other fixes

  • Minimum crew required for sailing lowered from 70% to 30% to support forthcoming fire ship upgrade changes. "It is also no longer required as people cannot now join port battles uninvited."

what i no longer required? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reorx Redbeard said:

this will be the end of small nations

how/why?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

Small clans hold a lot of these small satellite ports, and some of these small clans make NO income from taxes.  These small ports are now bang on the front line which means defense timers are vital.  I would strongly suggest reduction of the timer cost for a tiny port to at least not be so prohibitively expensive.  Some of the larger clans are making 10s of millions in taxes, this new mechanic puts a severe disadvantage to defending the front line.

 

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think the changes implemented today will make it a better frontline system, but is it possible that we have an indication of which ports are available to be attacked without having to resort to using alts to check or physically measuring on the mak and guessing which is closest. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Interesting.  Presumably, a ship with 30% crew will be very slow to change sail, load guns, etc?

Note that @admin either edited his post you quoted or you have a typo: minimum in his post now is 40%. 

Edited by Farrago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing that has not changed is that you can still take hostility from Free Towns and this means certain ports are always going to be on the front line and there is nothing you can do to stop that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

The one thing that has not changed is that you can still take hostility from Free Towns and this means certain ports are always going to be on the front line and there is nothing you can do to stop that.

Capitals only from freetowns would be nice honestly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Archaos said:

The one thing that has not changed is that you can still take hostility from Free Towns and this means certain ports are always going to be on the front line and there is nothing you can do to stop that.

i believe free towns should be player choice or pirate choice not system choice - but it will ruin gameplay for many. What do you think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

as people cannot now join port battles uninvited.

What does it mean and is there any difference from current mechanic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, admin said:

i believe free towns should be player choice or pirate choice not system choice - but it will ruin gameplay for many. What do you think

But the whole point of having front lines is so that you know where the enemy has to make their attacks from and concentrates the action around those frontlines. You can take certain ports to make sure important ports are safe from attack, but with free towns you end up with certain ports always being on the frontline and you can do nothing about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So don't aim to own ports around freetowns that are spread throughout the map sounds hello kittying stupid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A feature that should have existed before but is now pretty vital - when you're in a port, you need to be able to see whether it's vulnerable to attack.   I'd suggest adding at the bottom of the defense tab of the port management window a bubble for "This port can be attacked from: " list that shows which ports currently control access to the port.

Also, as stated earlier, this screws a lot of smaller clans that agreed to hold satellite ports because they knew they'd only have to pay a timer during times when the capital was taken.  I'd suggest timer cost should be  based on port's tax revenue / current investment level?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

Only capital pulls outside freetowns.  Pirates can pull anything.

This will make it worse as it will give a larger range from free towns and allow people deep into enemy territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

This will make it worse as it will give a larger range from free towns and allow people deep into enemy territory.

It's been capital pulls from freetowns for 5 months.  what are you talking about.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rediii said:

It's a nice change but a 1 day heads up to change timers would have been kinda nice.

I will not flip(hostility) any ports today.

You loose Sisal PB and then flip a port like you said you wouldn't😂😂😂

Man of your Word 👍👍👍

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

Hotfix was deployed  - its posted as separate note because of important changes.

 

Hostility mission changes

  • Your can now attack nearest 3 enemy ports without capital requirements. Capital first county second rule has been abandoned. 
  • Hostility mission spawning in one spot will happen a lot less now

 

Other fixes

  • Minimum crew required for sailing lowered from 70% to 40% to support forthcoming fire ship upgrade changes. It (high requirement) is also no longer required as people cannot now join port battles uninvited.

Would be nice if you wold sa that 1 day bevor u "fix" it... seriusly i mean why did we take ports now we will have tones o nightflips and cant  do a shid againstit.

I thourght this game would be released.... its realy a big hello kittyup.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atreides said:

@admin

Small clans hold a lot of these small satellite ports, and some of these small clans make NO income from taxes.  These small ports are now bang on the front line which means defense timers are vital.  I would strongly suggest reduction of the timer cost for a tiny port to at least not be so prohibitively expensive.  Some of the larger clans are making 10s of millions in taxes, this new mechanic puts a severe disadvantage to defending the front line.

 

I thought of a concept that would help those smaller clans.  Have 5% of the 10% income go to the capital owner of a region, but all ports in that region get the same timer.   In real life the city mayors would pay a tax to the governor, than the governor paid to the kings/queens.  This could help a lot of the smaller clans in the game and also region owners to afford a tax.  Even if another nation owns the port it still pays to the Capital of the region.  Clans can choose to have timer or not set by capital owner.

5 hours ago, admin said:

i believe free towns should be player choice or pirate choice not system choice - but it will ruin gameplay for many. What do you think

Could give Pirates something unique by having them be able to raid from Freetowns any port, but they only get to keep the port until end of week maintenance than port goes back to original owner or neutral (for any to claim).  

5 hours ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

Only capital pulls outside freetowns.  Pirates can pull anything.

Yep other nations can pull only capital missions from free towns, but pirates can raid any port and than after set time the port goes back to owner or neutral.  Really wish pirates where more like you know...PIRATES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...