Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for port capture - Capital first rule is no more.

admin

2 hours ago, admin said:

Both features were proposed by the community and implemented to perfection (explosions became more deadly, smaller ports can now be captured by smaller groups of people directly. There was no regional conquest for like 3 years in game and we had county frontlines only this year. 

Frontlines reduced RVR - it is obvious.

true. Still the way of how some gamechanger get into the game and get communicated can be improved in my opinion. It was proper done with npc raids (4 weeks). Bit sad it wasnt done here as well.

Iam not against the change. I welcome it. But it would have been way better to be actual able to use this new generated content. Most portbattles are outside defender timeframes because there was no heads-up. And its common knowledge that people prefer empty battles over defended ones. So sure we will see a lot of flips - quantity over quality.

Personally what leaves me with a sad feeling is that I am about to lose a port that we worked hard for to get and to maintain . It will now be lost to a game changing hotfix without a fight when I would rather like to lose in a battle.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

Both features were proposed by the community and implemented to perfection (explosions became more deadly, smaller ports can now be captured by smaller groups of people directly. There was no regional conquest for like 3 years in game and we had county frontlines only this year. 

Frontlines reduced RVR - it is obvious.

What's obvious is the way frontlines was implemented combined with ports made too valuable by the port bonuses system reduced RVR.

Frontlines is a brilliant idea, work harder please :)

I think this change was an interesting one overall, and I think it will shake up and refresh RVR overall.

However, the way it was implemented with no announcement means that nobody could set a timer, leading to out-of-prime flips which nobody wants...

Were I in the dev's shoes, I would cancel all port battles set yesterday and give everyone fair opportunity to protect their territory.

• Like 5

Interesting note - earthquakes are also egregiously destructive.  Justifying your game design decisions by likening them to an earthquake is concerning.   

Also - modern technology allows us to have some hint when earthquakes are coming.  I don't understand why some features are announced and never rolled out (Weren't we supposed to get an option to enter offensive port battles without being screened out of it?) while others explode like Bobzilla at a Russian PB.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

true. Still the way of how some gamechanger get into the game and get communicated can be improved in my opinion. It was proper done with npc raids (4 weeks). Bit sad it wasnt done here as well.

We announced them in advance. I am on the paternal leave so I cannot really think about player timers more than i already think.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, admin said:

We announced them in advance. I am on the paternal leave so I cannot really think about player timers more than i already think.

Well, for the most (and for me also) the announcement was not clear enough (there was messing between county capital and capital waters) and it was made almost 2 weeks early, so many just forgot about it

З.Ы. Раз декретный отпуск (я же правильно перевел), то наверное стоит поздравить!

21 minutes ago, admin said:

Haha been there, funny how the wife's brain turns into a vegetable by the second trimester and you have to think of every little bloody thing. Keep in mind when all they do is eat,poop and sleep those are the easiest months.  Good Luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

some major changes get patch notes days before they hit and are announced that they will hit within 2-4days. others are announced and get ninja patch like suddenly into the game when nobody expects them.

what happened happened.

I just hope for the future that gamechanger patch/hotfixes could be handled differently. Its just frustrating to lose so much time and effort to stupid stuff that could have been avoided so easily.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2nd best patch ever. finally we have frontlines.

all the complaining here are only because players didn't changed their frontlines yet...stop thinking to capital timer and start thinking about timer on your nation 1st attackable port.

prussia players unfortunatly you are on the way of major nation's war actions...you choosen an hard nation (no capital) so this situation should have occurred from the release...so get used to it now

On 12/11/2019 at 7:38 PM, admin said:

i believe free towns should be player choice or pirate choice not system choice - but it will ruin gameplay for many. What do you think

Free town a good for privateering, they should stay as they are, but attacking ports from free towns shouldn't be possible. Which creates a problem for the impossible Nations that will need some capital then.

It might be an option, that freetown can only be entered with 5th rate or smaller, that would make them mostly privateering ports.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:37 AM, Mad Dan Morgan said:

Yes and more please to change Pirates from Nation Black to Pirates and therefore an alternate way to play NA from any other nation. 

• Move Pirates from MT to Secret Islands
  • Pirates can only raid and loot ports not capture them
  • Return of Outlaw Battles
  • Remove ability of Pirates to craft ships larger than 5th rates. So only level one shipyards.
  • Any Pirate Ship becomes a Refit so slight boarding and crew size bonuses for any ship sailed
  • Return of the Smuggler Flag option for Pirate 7th rates so they can enter and raid from any port. 

If Pirates don't like the changes there are plenty of other nations they can move to for sailing ships of the line and RVR.

I agree to most point, still I think pirates should have to do the refits of their ships in a shipyard, it shouldn't happen automatically. 

On 12/11/2019 at 7:38 PM, admin said:

i believe free towns should be player choice or pirate choice not system choice - but it will ruin gameplay for many. What do you think

freetowns should stop giving hostility missions.

for impossible nation the solution is simple: hostility mission must be linked to clan or player that take the mission, not only to the nation.  so you must start as normal nation, take the missions, switch nation and complete hostility mission as new nation palyer.

if you want to play impossiblea nation, that means you must have very hard challenges

2 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

I agree to most point, still I think pirates should have to do the refits of their ships in a shipyard, it shouldn't happen automatically. 

That's interesting but very drastic; i suggest to add a little thing : after a  compensation for all the building and upgrade made a pirate could choice to move in an other nation with sol

46 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

Freestädte sollten keine Feindseligkeits-Missionen mehr geben.

Für eine unmögliche Nation ist die Lösung einfach: Die Feindseligkeitsmission muss mit dem Clan oder Spieler verbunden sein, der die Mission übernimmt, nicht nur mit der Nation. Sie müssen also als normale Nation beginnen, die Missionen übernehmen, die Nation wechseln und die Feindseligkeitsmission als neuer Nation-Spieler abschließen.

Wenn du eine unmögliche Nation spielen willst, bedeutet das, dass du sehr schwere Herausforderungen haben musst

Is it even dumber or more complicated? DEVS would be happy to see the solution, which will increase sales of the corresponding DLC again.

alien-facepalm_692495.jpg

53 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

freetowns should stop giving hostility missions.

for impossible nation the solution is simple: hostility mission must be linked to clan or player that take the mission, not only to the nation.  so you must start as normal nation, take the missions, switch nation and complete hostility mission as new nation palyer.

if you want to play impossiblea nation, that means you must have very hard challenges

Is it even dumber or more complicated? DEVS would be happy to see the solution, which will increase sales of the corresponding DLC again.

alien-facepalm_692495.jpg

57 minutes ago, Georg Fromm said:

no one should start from an impossible nation. a new player doesn't know nothing about game so it is absurd if he can start from an impossible nation without capital.

so impossible nations are nation for players who already knows something about the game, more or less a vet player. a vet player started in to a default nation and then switched so every impossible nation palyer we have now are surely experienced players.

so, giving the possibility for impossible nation to take hostility mission from Freetown wo'nt rise the numbers of new player because if a new player start in an impossible nation he will rage quit because he has no experience of the game. so impossible nation will always be a 2nd choice for a new players

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

no one should start from an impossible nation. a new player doesn't know nothing about game so it is absurd if he can start from an impossible nation without capital.

so impossible nations are nation for players who already knows something about the game, more or less a vet player. a vet player started in to a default nation and then switched so every impossible nation palyer we have now are surely experienced players.

so, giving the possibility for impossible nation to take hostility mission from Freetown wo'nt rise the numbers of new player because if a new player start in an impossible nation he will rage quit because he has no experience of the game. so impossible nation will always be a 2nd choice for a new players

You would be putting prussia, russia and poland behind a dlc wall, now i know we are meant to be a hardcore nation but surely a simpler fix would be, once a hardcore nation owns a port it can no longer gain hostility missions from freetowns?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Prince of Wales said:

You would be putting prussia, russia and poland behind a dlc wall, now i know we are meant to be a hardcore nation but surely a simpler fix would be, once a hardcore nation owns a port it can no longer gain hostility missions from freetowns?

Seems a very simple fix.  Especially since they already have ports.  It would only apply if they were to be completely destroyed.  A fun challenge for a clan that is looking for action.  Now that @admin is a new parent, he will have plenty of time to do this as he is no longer sleeping :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Seems a very simple fix.  Especially since they already have ports.  It would only apply if they were to be completely destroyed.  A fun challenge for a clan that is looking for action.  Now that @admin is a new parent, he will have plenty of time to do this as he is no longer sleeping :P

The only exception i would like to see, if this change was implemented, is that shroud cay can still be used for bahamas hostility missions since it would allow it to become a “battle royale” of the islands which imo could be interesting

Edited by Prince of Wales