Game-Labs Forum

port battle vs IA?

R3volv3R

this is a battle? a battle is being able to fight people to go defend an attack against AI and not being able to hit a shot is not a battle 

first thing and I put some screen little isack rock Cb 900 for the players  AI comes in with 1080 cb and elite ships? 310 crew  in a brig?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/327873970655461376/653041077892415499/unknown.png?width=671&height=420

5 min from starting the battle the battle will close the battle of port seriously?

that fun has to defend a port with these conditions on a pve server?

attacks bore and impossible defenses if this is what they plan to keep who in their right mind will invest in a port if they know enough that you're going to lose it if or if? 

I don't understand this misdesigned situation

• Like 6

Today raiders attacked Little isaak rocks, wich is a 900BR port in shallow waters. We were 15 players in Mercurys wich is 900BR.

When the Battle opened only 11 of us were able to join because it said "battle closed" ...now look at the CB of the battle. Also the wind was in a diferent direction compared with the open world so we were unable to reach the circle to defend.

The raiders appeared with the wind in their favour and had 310 crew (a brig). They reached the circle in 5 minutes and won. They have more ships, more crew...

This is totally unnapceptable and totally imbalanced. How are we able to defend a port in wich invested thousands of doubloons and hours of play?

Also  the time we lost organizing people, meeting at very late hours, taking hostility misssions, deciding who enter and who gets out of the battle because all combined were  above 900CB

After investing a lot of time in hostility missions, port battles (wich still are the most boring thing ever) and doing trade for fortresses and things like that... we lose like that?

Why in port battles when defending the AI make points defending and not us? 

unknown.png

Edited by Rayo
  • Like 4

this is a battle? a battle is being able to fight people to go defend an attack against AI and not being able to hit a shot is not a battle 

first thing and I put some screen little isack rock Cb 900 for the players  AI comes in with 1080 cb and elite ships? 310 crew  in a brig?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/327873970655461376/653041077892415499/unknown.png?width=671&height=420

5 min from starting the battle the battle will close the battle of port seriously?

that fun has to defend a port with these conditions on a pve server?

attacks bore and impossible defenses if this is what they plan to keep who in their right mind will invest in a port if they know enough that you're going to lose it if or if? 

I don't understand this misdesigned situation

• Like 5

What the hell is this?
To begin with, a port of BR 900 and we can only enter 600 BR and it tells us that the battle is closed, what? 2º The wind in battle does not coincide with the wind in the open world at the beginning of the battle, we enter to defend the circles and since the wind is totally different we do not get to defend the circles before the AI arrives, so, lost battle. 3º The BR of the AI is 1080 (900 according to the map for that port), the crew of the brig 310 every ship, traders Snow 285 crew every one. 4th Unacceptable that we dedicate hours to meet to organize the defense so that this is later a joke. We could be doing many other more productive things.
What the hell is this?

• Like 4

Esto es claro que esto es un error o una catástrofe, pues si no lo que es, es que se quedaran sin jugadores, estos es el ridículo. Señores Desarrolladores ... ¿en que están pensado?, ..... vaya error, ¿qué control de calidad hacéis?

Ni ganas de escribir y explicar este absurdo ........ ¡¡¡Señores desarrolladores reparen este error !!! y dejen de experimentar ..... dejen el programa pues se le escapo de las manos hace tiempo.

Saludos

Paco de Lezo

Edited by Paco de Lezo
  • Like 2

What the hell is this?
To begin with, a port of BR 900 and we can only enter 600 BR and it tells us that the battle is closed, what? 2º The wind in battle does not coincide with the wind in the open world at the beginning of the battle, we enter to defend the circles and since the wind is totally different we do not get to defend the circles before the AI arrives, so, lost battle. 3º The BR of the AI is 1080 (900 according to the map for that port), the crew of the brig 310 every ship, traders Snow 285 crew every one. 4th Unacceptable that we dedicate hours to meet to organize the defense so that this is later a joke. We could be doing many other more productive things.
What the hell is this?

• Like 5

Today raiders attacked Little isaak rocks, wich is a 900BR port in shallow waters. We were 15 players in Mercurys wich is 900BR.

When the Battle opened only 11 of us were able to join because it said "battle closed". Also the wind was in a diferent direction compared with the open world.

The raiders appeared with the wind in their favour and had 310 crew (a brig). They reached the circle in 5 minutes and won.

This is totally unnapceptable and totally imbalanced. How are we able to defend a port in wich invested thousands of doubloons and hours of play?

Also  the time we lost organizing people, meeting at very late hours, taking hostility misssions, deciding who enter and who gets out of the battle because all combined were  above 900CB

After investing a lot of time in hostility missions, port battles (wich still are the most boring thing ever) and doing trade for fortresses and things like that... we lose like that?

Why in port battles when defending the AI make points defending and not us? 

• Like 2

I'm just going to say it's outrageous ...

I would like someone to explain, comment or publish the rules of the port battles, both of the port battles when we are attackers, and the rules of the port battles when we are defenders.

I would like to know why the wind or wind factor differs from the port attacks whether you are an attacker or defender, I would like to know why when we attack the AI it can take the control points and when we defend we cannot take control points, when we attack we have to be subject to a battle rating to participate and when defending ourselves, they only allow us to put 660 of 900 possible being partners out of the battle without being able to participate, while the AI enters with 1080 of 900 possible when they attack.

On the other hand I would like to know that upgrades and port improvements are necessary to make a BRIG carry 310 crew, if they count that they are faster, harder and that do more damage.

Thank you very much for making this game a little more unplayable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sersanara said:

wind

br

timer

2 hours ago, Rayo said:

wind

br 

timer

5 min

Captains

We understand the frustration. 

1. NPC will always choice the proper wind. It was announced on the 7th September

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/31428-npc-port-battles-explained-war-server-and-peace-server-information/

2. BR was changed last patch and it was announced so. NPCs will fill the BR with max possible number of ships, giving interesting and complex tactical dilemmas for the defenders.

3. Timers caused a lot of upset on the War server. You cannot enter NPC raids after battle starts. It is absolutely critical for the feature to work properly and is not going to be changed. This implementation was active since the battles appeared on Peace and War server. Everyone who participated in them at least once knew it. Multiple posts about inability to enter NPC Raider port battles after it starts exist on this forum. We replied on this issue before. Inability to enter the battle after the timer is assumed common knowledge.

4. Regarding 5 mins. Having tested the battles personally and having seen real player defences of NPC raids i doubt that NPCs could win the battle in just 5 mins.  But of course - if someone have a video we would gladly accept it as evidence of a bug - because NPC raiders cannot reach the capture circles and win the battle in just 5 mins from the start.

Now in terms of the battle itself.
NPC raids give new life to Peace server, and will be kept. This is a new feature and will take time to settle. Experience is invaluable and now you probably know what would you do differently to win. 

7 minutes ago, Sersanara said:

Explain this Admin:

1904080984_NATheoreticalstart.jpg.dca0f04542d20f910e962c0a8dea1745.jpg1341501631_NARealstart.jpg.6d2d58df4915099e7cf979086bdc983b.jpg

It was said on 7th September. NPC Raiders will pick proper wind. Pick wind means they will have the wind they picked. From their points of attack. 
And again. You read it differently than we did. And tried to predict their entry using OW wind. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

2. BR was changed last patch and it was announced so. NPCs will fill the BR with max possible number of ships, giving interesting and complex tactical dilemmas for the defenders.

Is normal that AI maximize the fleet, but they were 1080 instead of 900, wich, in small BR ships causes to be 2 or more ships. Still doesn´t explain why only 11 of us (660BR) could join. Also, what about over-crowded ships?

1 hour ago, admin said:

3. Timers caused a lot of upset on the War server. You cannot enter NPC raids after battle starts. It is absolutely critical for the feature to work properly and is not going to be changed. This implementation was active since the battles appeared on Peace and War server. Everyone who participated in them at least once knew it. Multiple posts about inability to enter NPC Raider port battles after it starts exist on this forum. We replied on this issue before. Inability to enter the battle after the timer is assumed common knowledge.

We were talking on discord at the moment of the battle. We gave the signal to enter (or try to) at the same time...how so?

As you will know we couldn´t know that because we didn´t have port battles in PVE until recently.

Also PVP server is completely diferent of PVE. In my opinion you can´t follow the same development regarding the 2 servers...just like happened with Loki runes, and now this...it doesn´t work. And for me I find pretty amusing that in order to know what is happening you have to study the entire forum to be informed. There should be information in-game which give you this kind of information.

1 hour ago, admin said:

4. Regarding 5 mins. Having tested the battles personally and having seen real player defences of NPC raids i doubt that NPCs could win the battle in just 5 mins.  But of course - if someone have a video we would gladly accept it as evidence of a bug - because NPC raiders cannot reach the capture circles and win the battle in just 5 mins from the start.

It looked like 5 min...ok, lets say 8...at the time they reached to the circle was game over. We appeared in to fleets trying to intercept the incoming Ai fleets. We have seen videos of AI fleets attacking in two separated groups so....

Don´t misunderstand me. I love capturing ports (although port battles are a little bit off IMO) , hostilities missions, and the indirect interactions with other nations, capturing their most wanted ports. But this defenses are just not working , need an adjustement and are pissing off a lot of players. British lost a port too and they were not amused at all. I will love to defend a captured port by my clan, but not this way.

Edited by Rayo
  • Like 1

"Raiders will always pick the proper wind for attack "

That is very ambiguous...as a lot of patches descriptions. It doesn´t specify if they will pick the better spawn point depending of the wind in OW, or if they choose the direction of the wind in reference to their spawn point (in wich case is unpredictable because they have 4....in wich of those 4 points are they going to spawn?) Again, needs more details.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rayo said:

Don´t misunderstand me. I love capturing ports (although port battles are a little bit off IMO) , hostilities missions, and the indirect interactions with other nations, capturing their most wanted ports. But this defenses are just not working , need an adjustement and are pissing off a lot of players. British lost a port too and they were not amused at all. I will love to defend a captured port by my clan, but not this way.

Well now knowing that
NPC has the best wind (but you can use this information to your advantage too if you know it)
NPC enter in 2 lines at 2 out of 3 points (you only know them when battle starts)
NPC has 18 ships and will win if you do not destroy the transports

If you knew all this would you win that battle? By lets say sinking the traders first (all effort to sink them) and then methodically destroying the rest (using 32lb carronade ships) 

2 minutes ago, Rayo said:

"Raiders will always pick the proper wind for attack "

That is very ambiguous...as a lot of patches descriptions. It doesn´t specify if they will pick the better spawn point depending of the wind in OW, or if they choose the direction of the wind in reference to their spawn point (in wich case is unpredictable because they have 4....in wich of those 4 points are they going to spawn?) Again, needs more details.

I did not consider it ambiguous. Pick wind. If you were to pick wind would not you pick the best wind. 
We are not here to discuss the linguistics or definitions; english is not my first language and not my last - so i suggest to take it into account and ASK FOR CLARIFICATION if its ambiguous. I can switch to Russian so its always clear.

English is not my first language neither. It´s so dificult to put something like (AI will choose the better wind for the attack relative to their spawn point)??

Don´t want to sound harsh, but it is your game, so your job to make things clear for your customers who already invested money in this. It doesn´t seem asking for much.

If you want to write in russian you are free to do so. Let´s see how people react

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Well now knowing that
NPC has the best wind (but you can use it too if you know it
NPC enter in 2 lines at 2 out of 3 points (you only know them when battle starts)
NPC has 18 ships and will win if you do not destroy the transports

We´ll try that next time, and thx for the advise.

But entering the enemy fleet, isolate or concentrate fire on traders while surrounded by dozens of enemy ships with more crew than you...seems quite suicidal. 

• Like 2