Game-Labs Forum

Tiling of maps for future releases

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, or even what the plan is in regards to future release plans of subsequent upgrades, but my idea is for developers to focus attention on specific regions of the world.  This is so the devs don't have to spend a lot of time in the beginning creating the whole world, but instead, create a tile that would link to the next later.  For example, the first release could be just the English and French coasts. It would also feature the English and French vessels.  The next tile to be created would be the Spanish coast and feature the release of Spanish and Portuguese vessels, then after that, the Med with Greek and Italian vessels, and so on until the world is created, but it is done systematically so that it isn't so overwhelming to a small team of devs and time can be spent to the details of potential exploration areas and require less time in adding patches.

All of this could be a moot point though, as I said, I don't know their process at this point in time.