Game-Labs Forum

Campaign "Snatch" Mission = Suicide

It's not whether or not it's doable, so much as it is my innate hatred of all things RNG 😉

On a serious note, though, it feels like a bad roll forces me into a play style that I can't escape because no available ship turned up for purchase. I mean, it's not like it being available comes without a cost. I still have to spend resources on buying and equipping her that I could spend otherwise.

And, as was mentioned earlier, I can't even get "around" it by voluntarily stripping one of my ships of cannon and refitting her for a transport.

So it's not that I don't like new and unplanned for circumstances, that is indeed what makes for replayability, it's more that I DO like having choices, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Is the pathfinding for the landing boats acting up for anyone else during this mission when you sent the boats down the small river? 

I feels like when boat A is SOMEWHERE on the path that boat B wants to take, even if it is ways down, Boat B starts to turn around as if it had to try to find another way around a massive obstacle.

1 hour ago, WilliamTheIII said:

The boats have a hard time navigating around land masses if that's what you mean. And seeing how you can't make custom paths for them, you have to do manual straight lines around the land masses or else they get stuck.

Nope, there path didn't cross the land. I didn't just click on the beach or something, i moved them in relatively straight lines but when there paths crossed, even if they had a lot of distance the AI would act up.

Just watched some youtube video's about this mission and to my surprise there is only one "merchant" ship where I have to deal with 2. They can barely be destroyed and cannot be boarded because of the 700 man crew!

Also you cannot fight the land missions since the enemy will swarm you.

This missions seems totally ridiculous.

Second run and again the 700 crew from the sinking ships appear and hello kitty me over. Not liking this mission at all. Captured all the ships, lose every single unit on land

Edited by Bremg

If you want to cheese it, send captured troops to the objectives beforehand. they will instantly capture the escape point and start the countdown much much sooner. 

Then use a sacrifical infantry unit to kite the enemy around and away from the objective.

Ez gold

• 2 months later...

I played this mission and sunk or captured all of the smaller ships. I used a fireship on the larger one and then managed to capture it at the end. I repaired it and now have a large transport ship. I didnt get a chance to sail inland. It showed me as completing the mission. 

On 1/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, WilliamTheIII said:

The battle is still doable with only one troop transport but just annoying. Most games you will see a troop transport but for those you don't, it is crucial that you try to capture the two on Second Wave as I'm pretty sure its the only opportunity to capture troopships before Snatch (excluding the Treasure Fleet bonus mission).

Yeah, in both campaigns, I have captured plenty of transport ships and recently I have seen many in the shop to buy if you got the money. Sometimes I have so many I end up scraping the smaller ones replacing them with better ones.

18 hours ago, rookieboatman said:

I played this mission and sunk or captured all of the smaller ships. I used a fireship on the larger one and then managed to capture it at the end. I repaired it and now have a large transport ship. I didnt get a chance to sail inland. It showed me as completing the mission. 

There is a choice before this battles as to whether you will command only the naval portion or the naval and land portions. From what you described above you selected the naval only option.

• Like 1