Game-Labs Forum

Mission "Priority" Issue

Afghanicus

I started this mission with my flagship single 5th rate, my admiral onboard. The enemy appears with 3! 4th rates carrying 350 crew.  Aside from that being ridiculous scaling I was able to escape with moderate damage. At the end of the mission my flagship (and admiral) has disappeared. It now appears I have to restart the entire game?

I forgot to press the report button, however, I didn't consider it a bug.

I'm more looking for explanation, is it possible my flagship escaped but then sunk?

Is that a random chance thing?

Also my flagship left the mission area ahead of the supply ship, is that why it disappeared?

There is supposed to be 3x 4th rates?

I'm going to test the scenario again, but I don't remember it being this difficult on my last 2 playthroughs.

Yes that is correct left the battle with timer. I have to agree with the previous poster that having the 5th rate to early is a massive detriment. And it's okay  that I lost my admiral because in my next go around he reappeared. I've figured out Lord Nelson's secret 😂 

nelson.png

26 minutes ago, WilliamTheIII said:

Your supposed to be heavily outnumbered in this mission. Pretty much all you need to do is just sail with the wind and then sail to the evac point. You probably won't ever have to fire a shot.

I understand, and the past two playthroughs that's precisely what I did. However getting a 5th rate early  I was unable to outmaneuver and only marginally outrun the 4th's as their range speed and firepower is deadly. Maybe I'm missing something and in fact I used a 6th rate to outrun them previously; but, I don't remember seeing 350 crew member ships arrayed against me.

2 hours ago, Afghanicus said:

Maybe I'm missing something and in fact I used a 6th rate to outrun them previously; but, I don't remember seeing 350 crew member ships arrayed against me.

You definitely should not be using a 5th rate during this battle and should hold off on really getting any until fireworks. The 7th rate sloop is the best to just purely outrun. However, there is a current exploit where you can get infinite money by capturing the Libra on the mission. And for the reason you are no seeing the same ships, it is because of how scaling works. By having a 5th rate, the game is up scaling all the enemies to the best 5th rate whereas only having a 6th rate will result in worse 5th rates. If you don't mind testing it, I would be very interested in how scaling works with a 5th rate on this battle. If not but still willing, sending your save file would be greatly helpful as well. For more info on scaling check out this post: 

I did however do this on hard so your mileage may vary on other difficulties. However, it seems that veterancy is mainly what is affected by the different versions.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Afghanicus said:

Separately, I noticed while hovering over my veteran crew reserves displays a number of stats: how are these effected?

From my understanding, they work similarly to in UGCW. Every soldier has an average stat that can be represented on the info bar. Iirc for soldiers, the base starts are 10 9 10... As units fight, they naturally improve raising these stats. Units in reserve are affected by these same stats except there stats are taken as an average of the reserve troop stats which is are those numbers you are being shown. In UGCW, you can cheese this a little by hiring a colonel to instantly boost the reserve units stats and then delete them raising the base stats. However, this is a different game and things will work differently. Also, xp still seems to be a source of some debate on how it works right now and if it is even working properly (according to Sterner, it was added in a recent patch). So while I can't go into details about how exactly these stats are affected, I can give you from what I know from UGCW and from playing.

• Like 1

Howdy. I'm playing backer 4 medium difficulty and for me I faced 3 frigates of 280 sailors on board and I had the Mercedes 180 sailors along with a support ship that had 2 marine units of 100 each on it and the Mercedes had a boarding kit so eventually I captured that huge frigate that is worth over 13K and all the game wants me to do in the harbor is to sell it for 5 rep.  I played a few more battles and have 23 rep why won't the Libra unlock most ships below that class unlock with 10 or 15 rep how much rep do I need to unlock and keep that ship?  Or am I too early in the campaign where I am not suppose to have that ship?    

Edited by doublebuck