Game-Labs Forum

Ammo explosions don't reduce ammo supply?

Steeltrap

Hi,

As per the title, I've noticed ammunition explosions appear not to reduce the available ammunition for that particular weapon system.

I don't know the degree to which you have simply aggregated ammo as a total of shells per gun x guns, while not 'placing' them as specific stores of that ammo.

Obviously the gold standard for realism would be specific magazines serving specific mounts (for main batteries) and potentially groups of mounts for secondaries.

As an aside, I'd expect any such explosion to prevent the linked mount(s) from firing, and more likely to destroy them. While destroying them is kind of moot for the battle if they can't fire, it presumably is relevant for the campaign in terms of repair times and costs.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it. I appreciate it might simply be a case of something not yet included but planned to be, so technically more a missing feature than a bug. Regardless, I hope it's of some use to raise it just in case it is supposed to affect ammo supply and associated mounts, and thus a bug, or isn't as yet and thus will serve as a suggestion/reminder.

Does seem a little "off" generally when ammo explosions don't seem to have any effect on guns being able to fire, but it's especially obvious when it's a merchant ship with a single 4" gun. If its ammo exploded, what is it firing and how?

Cheers

• Like 2

yeah I do wonder of they implement that.

It does sound simple on the one hand but on the other, they then kinda need to simulate where which ammo type is stored and not being a programmer myself I could see that being a pain.

16 hours ago, Ink said:

Greetings!

The topic is moved to General Discussions as there is no bug but a suggestion to be implemented

Trouble is an ammo explosion in the ammo of the only gun on a ship, such as a merchant, that has no effect on the ship's ability to shoot doesn't sound like a suggestion, it sounds like ammo explosions are an incomplete feature.

Put differently, how exactly is it the ammo explodes and yet the gun continues to fire without trouble?

A half-implemented system will appear as a bug, and suggesting it be made a complete system doesn't seem much of a suggestion so much as pointing out you need to finish it.

Cheers