Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Armagon

Should I join?

Hi all, not sure where to post this, so admins, feel free to move this wherever.

I have been watching this game from the shadows for a while, and I am considering buying it soon. However, “considering” does not automatically translate to “going to”. Unfortunately for me, I am unsure of how the game is doing as far as frequency of updates, frequency of new content, and how strong the player base is in terms of size. My uncertainty is due to this game not getting tons of exposure, and it seems to be a very tight-knit community.

If anyone could shed light on my inquiries, I can finally decide whether to join or not. Don’t get me wrong, I love Naval Action as a game and concept, but I am unsure of whether it is worth it or not. I mean no disrespect to the developers by my inquiries, it’s just that you honestly have to dig a bit to find this game.

Thanks all!

• Like 5

Great game with a tiny development team.  Frequent updates, new ships occasionally, game mechanic changes every now and then, and the player base is about 150 to 800 on the War server, much less on the Peace server.  Well worth the money.  But it depends on your own preferences if YOU should buy it.  There are lots of players who are frustrated because the Developers don't always make changes on demand.  The game is focused on pleasing looking ships and a specific style of combat.   Fighting is the priority. 

If you are flexible enough you may be able to play without obsessing about how NA can be improved to meet your own desires. 

Still a great game.  Your choice.

• Like 2

If you like ships with sails buy it, personally I enjoy the battles instances and find it visually stunning (I am a weirdo)

You may feel the grind to be monumental if you really must have the best ships

• Like 1