Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Admiral Olsen

AI fleets attack traders on PvE

Recommended Posts

In chat PvE players report attacks from fast AI-fleets on their traders since last patch. Even with a warship in front and traders as fleet, they'll be attacked.

I just want to say: That should stop on PvE (the former peace-server^^).

At least there should be an option to avoid such interferences on traders. You'll loose lots of peaceful players, not very hard to predict and fully deserved in my opinion ... please give peace a chance, dev's!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, OjK said:

Looks, like PvE players don't want to actually PvE either...

very meaningful PVE in traders versus to the privateer fleet, which one you can not even avoid ......

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got attacked twice by the same fleet witin 5 min on pve first time I manneged to save two of my traders but not the second time. even with an armed escort I would't have had a chance. 4 1st 4 3rt and 2 5rt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Reorx Redbeard said:

I just got attacked twice by the same fleet witin 5 min on pve first time I manneged to save two of my traders but not the second time. even with an armed escort I would't have had a chance. 4 1st 4 3rt and 2 5rt

Someone is giving those privateers way too much funding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤣😂😂

 

Sorry for my  reaction, just made me chuckle :D .

I'm sure will be sorted out.

 

Edited by LegoLarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gordon MacBeth said:

You don't want to go there ever again.

As long as Loki exists, this will be part of the game.  Players don't get to pick which fight they join, so its unfair to blame them.  They didn't choose to attack you.  Having said that, I agree that Loki runes should not place a player into a powerful (some say OP) privateer Fleet.  Seems excessive.

 

(P.S. Anger and threats aren't needed here. Save that for your employees) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the population on the PEACE server is about to resemble the War server. First it is forced pvp with the loki rune (and the crap response of "he attacked a NPC" is NOT valid enough of a reason). Now we have aggressive AI which will further enable use of the loki rune to rape players since it will not only include a player attacking a player but the loki user automatically has friends and from the sound of it, quite a few at that. 

Simple solution, remove the damn loki rune from the peace server. As to the aggressive ai, players will just have to be more aware of their surroundings.

 

@Wraith be careful, the last time a group of PVE players came to the war server, several PVP players got schooled, HARD. (it was on PVP2)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gordon MacBeth said:

I have since learned that a certain clan used a Loki and joined the AI fleet that jumped me. You don't want to go there ever again. You attacked the co founder of the largest clan in PVE with over 200 members. You don't want me to turn the whole clan loose on your asses.

Still this is a stupid stupid stupid idea. Fix it!

"What the hello kitty did you just hello kittying say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the PvP Server, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in naval warfare and I'm the top captain on the whole PvE server. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the hello kitty out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my hello kittying words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, hello kittyer. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the PvE Server and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, scallyway. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're hello kittying dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a pair of cannonballs. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your hello kittying tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're hello kittying dead, kiddo."

You missed this bit ^

Careful, internet badass over here.

neildegrasse.jpg

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
Added appropriate picture
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gordon MacBeth said:

Come on over to my house femboy and I'll show you how it works.

 

 I take offence at that remark!

 

I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body and identify as a moose.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

"What the hello kitty did you just hello kittying say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the PvP Server, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in naval warfare and I'm the top captain on the whole PvE server. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the hello kitty out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my hello kittying words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, hello kittyer. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the PvE Server and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're hello kittying dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a pair of cannonballss. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your hello kittying tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're hello kittying dead, kiddo."

You missed this bit ^

Careful, internet badass over here.

Ok, now that was funny.😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gordon MacBeth said:

I have since learned that a certain clan used a Loki and joined the AI fleet that jumped me. You don't want to go there ever again. You attacked the co founder of the largest clan in PVE with over 200 members. You don't want me to turn the whole clan loose on your asses.

Still this is a stupid stupid stupid idea. Fix it!

As I understand it (if you mean the same incident described in support section), it was NO Loki Rune but those players joined your battle in OW by only option to join at all, which was the wrong side (NPC Privateer Fleet).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

As I understand it (if you mean the same incident described in support section), it was NO Loki Rune but those players joined your battle in OW by only option to join at all, which was the wrong side (NPC Privateer Fleet).

🤣😂

Oh my.

 

 

Edited by LegoLarry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

As long as Loki exists, this will be part of the game.  Players don't get to pick which fight they join, so its unfair to blame them.  They didn't choose to attack you.  Having said that, I agree that Loki runes should not place a player into a powerful (some say OP) privateer Fleet.  Seems excessive.

 

(P.S. Anger and threats aren't needed here. Save that for your employees) 

Loki does not work on Peace server
Its not LOKI that is causing pvp on Peace server

Its just because some mechanics are shared (battles created in Capital waters can be entered by owners of capital waters). This will be fixed ASAP
 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a stupid idea. The PvE Server is for PEACE! NOT being attacked by freaking insane lineship fleets that no one has a chance against. Let traders trade, and let us have peace, Put this in the PvP Server if you are so determined to have this in the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

As I understand it (if you mean the same incident described in support section), it was NO Loki Rune but those players joined your battle in OW by only option to join at all, which was the wrong side (NPC Privateer Fleet).

Yes. Just said this above
Because mechanics are shared across servers - capital waters act the same way on all servers. As a result owners of capital waters (brits at KPR) can enter battles created near their capitals against privateers (privateers are treated as players).

We like aggressive AI on peace server for immersion , not sure if players like it. What do you think?
We know players like @hoarmurath from peace server love aggressive ai. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:

We like aggressive AI on peace server for immersion , not sure if players like it. What do you think?
We know players like @hoarmurath love aggressive ai.

Easiest fix is make an option for players to choose in port if they want agressive ai or not (à la smuggler flag)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:



We like aggressive AI on peace server for immersion (you guys attack them day and night), not sure if players like it. What do you think?

I like it too. Just this accidental feature here was a bit too heavy, we have lots of tears on global chat about guys losing whole Indiamen fleets while they were unsuspecting. I would suggest you start with single ships or small groups attacking players, to start with, but a whole privateer fleet is just too much overpowered for most people to handle there. I mean, you have to be a full clan group with big ships to defeat them.

Still you will always find people who hate ANY NPC aggression, so perhaps a system which enables for each player NPC attack in general or not  (by game settings) is the proper solution, in the style I also suggested the consensual duel thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...