Game-Labs Forum

New Upgrades - Construction time again.

Clan permit/ " Patented Clan permit"

for a permit to build  (x) : >> ship/or upgrade item / or book (many different patents)

a patent  (permit ) for a entire clan.  

For building particular items /ships (permit ships) ( permit/books/items,.. upgrades) where one/ or several   permits are needed for:

for example ;      patented permit for a Bellona ship/ a Ballona patent what gives all the members of a clan the ability to build a bellona .

(pros: )  To encourage players to become a member of a clan.

(conn): a costly patent ,

and only available by Admirality store.,

not transferable / 

use once/ 

and lost when leaving the clan or nation.

not useable for players who aren't in a clan.

purchasable only in capital port of the  origin ship nation. (example: trinidad at habana capital/victory at brit capital port)

cost: 150.000 doubloons and 10.000.000 Reaals

Clan: GWC 

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Bubba Smith said:

Bronze canons, 10% pene over Longs, 8-11% more base damage over Longs. Craftable at with blue print and 30% additional coal and iron. 

Where's the downside?

This would lead to another "gear" gap and thus less players willing to risk their ship when they suddenly do less damage and penetration.

Maybe a good addition for PvE Server but please not PvP

26 minutes ago, Liq said:

Where's the downside?

This would lead to another "gear" gap and thus less players willing to risk their ship when they suddenly do less damage and penetration.

Maybe a good addition for PvE Server but please not PvP

make them expensive in terms of resources/permits so to make them rare, but not unobtainable, like navy gun, poods, etc?

1 hour ago, GrubbyZebra said:

+ copper ingots

For bronze cannons, I would drop the iron completely from the list and make it copper and tin (true ingredients of bronze). Tin as new resource, and VERY rarely spawning. For such supreme cannons, perhaps copper would have to be taken out of Admiralty shop as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

make them expensive in terms of resources/permits so to make them rare, but not unobtainable, like navy gun, poods, etc?

I think we should reduce the importance of gear for PvP instead of increasing it. The more expensive META gear for PvP, the less PvP will happen

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Liq said:

I think we should reduce the importance of gear for PvP instead of increasing it. The more expensive META gear for PvP, the less PvP will happen

I'm ok with having period-appropriate equipment in the game, like brass (bronze) cannon. However, it should be noted that the main advantages to bronze and brass cannon were easier casting (albeit more expensive due to the use of copper) and more flexible (less likely to rupture without warning) than iron or steel cannons. I'm not sure they have any real advantage on range or accuracy than a comparably-crafted iron or steel cannon. They also tended to be heavier than their iron-bearing counterparts.

I think the proposed buffs are too high and without any real basis. I'm not sure what appropriate benefits would be as cannon wear is not modelled in game. I just wanted to point out that if they were to be added, they should require copper to craft, and be made relatively expensive, as to be a bit more "historical" and to counter balance any benefit they may have.

2 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

They also tended to be heavier than their iron-bearing counterparts.

They were actually much lighter. Also less casting caverns inside barrel. The only and main disadvantage of brass cannons IRL were price, around 6-10 times more expensive as the iron ones.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

They were actually much lighter. Also less casting caverns inside barrel. The only and main disadvantage of brass cannons IRL were price, around 6-10 times more expensive as the iron ones.

Bronze is about 20% denser than cast iron (and therefore heavier for a given volume), so I guess which gun ended up heavier comes down to how the respective guns were cast.

Edited by GrubbyZebra

• 2 months later...

Fireship Module crafting (for some reason we can craft Floating Batteries, but not Fireships):

Fireship 4-5th: 5 Guacata Saltpeter, 10 Cartagena Tar

Fireship 1-3th: 10 Guacata Saltpeter, 5 Almeria Salpeter, 15 Cartagena Tar and the book Treatise on Making Saltpeter

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...