Game-Labs Forum

Global trade chat

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Neither am I, just wondering at whether the effort of setting up such a site would be worthwhile given how little that other site was ever used. I mean, the site was built to allow buying/selling of anything.. and it just wasn't ever populated...

Hard to say if it would be worth it for someone to create a Buy/Sell site, or a NA CraisList.   I've no idea how so set it up or maintain it.  I would contribute cash to start and maintain it if someone wants to try.

4 hours ago, Never said:

It has to be something in game for it to work, any outside resource will be used only by a minority of the population or would just be checked sparingly by the ones that use it. 

An outside resource (NA maps) is used by most of us, frequently.  

Not sure about all games, but the others I've played (Elite Dangerous, ARMA) have a huge amount of outside resources that are also widely accepted and used.  I've read about developers that are expecting, and encouraging, outside resources.

33 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

An outside resource (NA maps) is used by most of us, frequently.  

Not sure about all games, but the others I've played (Elite Dangerous, ARMA) have a huge amount of outside resources that are also widely accepted and used.  I've read about developers that are expecting, and encouraging, outside resources.

Yeah for sure, but for regular everyday trade I don't think it would work. Maybe for rare items it would, like very rare ships or something. But I doubt people would use outside resources to buy the more common stuff or it would've happened already. We have a trade channel in GB discord and almost no one uses it.