Game-Labs Forum

I dont know if that is the correct term or not but there exists in other games a a dragging method that modifies the same of parts. Say you have a tower of some type.. presently the only way to have two tier secondaries is to put as many on the deck as you can and then hope the size and configuration you chose sits on the preddetermined spots on the tower part the right way.  If this method was implemented you could make the the superstructure as narrow or wide as need be and add what would in effect be an 01, 02 03 etc deck one at a time rather than a singular assembly. This would allow more secondary density etc.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:13 AM, flyingtaco said:

How do you you mean? Even kerbal does not have user defined parts. It's more like a game I had on my phone for a while ... simple aircraft or something like that.

KSP had at least at some point (been years since I last touched it) a mod called "procedural wings", in which you'd define the shape of the wing surfaces on your models.

I spent literally dozens of hours making planes with that mod. I even have a video in my channel somewhere of me designing some kind of weird mixbreed between a MiG-15 and a Super Ouragan, where I shaped the wings myself. Between that and another aerodynamic mod that was around at the time that made atmospheric flight far more realistic, you could literally go on a rampage of doing your own little aerodynamic X-planes program...which, in fact, I kinda did :D

And BTW that kind of thing for our hulls would be AWESOME To have here.

Edited by RAMJB

I dint think it needs to go as far as making new parts but the towers ... I'd like to expand or compress elements of them ... the existing tower system makes it awkward if you have a long hull etc . Lots of dead space that is not able to be properly utilized and it messes with the weight distribution. Virtually all ww2 wra heavies such as iowa and yamato had secondaries at multiple  levels. In game is it is now you have main deck turreted secondaries or maybe casemated ones on the towers and these limit what you can do. I hope the new fast battleship themed parts can help but I'd like to get away from predefined snap on spots as much as possible 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way the ships are now length changes based on displacement and not much else. The best thing to happen here would have a click and drag arrangement for hull and tower components so that each has a certain level of user customization and get rid of the snap points. Where I see problems is the volume required for fuel etc but a lot of what people are upset about  are the placement limitations for guns and towers. Right now it's like henry ford's answer "you can have any color model T you want... so long as its black." 

• 2 weeks later...

Before 1914 you could have other colors on the Model T.  That changed with the 1915 model year, when the brass radiator and other expensive brass items were removed, a stamped type radiator shell was implemented, and only one color offered, black, because black paint dried faster.

I agree, some sort of adjustable length to beam ratio would be a very nice addition.