Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Seasonal Update: Treacherous Waters - Part 2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Maybe the new wood is linked to the news guns rework

If it had been for the guns they could just as well have tweaked the values of the existing woods, don‘t they!?

Edited by Navalus Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope that seasoned woods won't increase again the speed of meta ship gankers who spend all their time killing the player base in capital waters in ships that new players can't escape from, and that defense fleets cannot intercept.

After spending two hours running for 15.5 kn Wasas, Trincs, PFrigs for nothing,  all vets stop trying to protect, leaving capitals as open bars for gankers. Will future be better or worst? I have great hope in the Privateer Fleets.

I'd like to see a game in which no 3rd rate can be faster than than a 6th rate sloop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amazed at the lack of empathy the developers have for casual players, the ones who are maybe 3 or 4 hours a week in the game.
Now we are the prey for the players with more time, the difference of the ships is already immense. 


Just what the game didn't need is the possibility to increase this disadvantage even more, with seasoned woods
What the game needs is to level the capacity of the ships. Make any feature maximum 5% better than the base

 

The rest of the patch content is very positive, by the way

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that privateer fleets around capitals will defend new player and casual players to be ganked. 

DLC will give us ships to cap/fight npc ships 

They fixed trading goods so we could have fun also in this way. 

To be honest at the end they made what they promised, nuw they have the hard part to balance the br to help VP and GB to fight Russians 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ruy Lopez said:

I'm amazed at the lack of empathy the developers have for casual players, the ones who are maybe 3 or 4 hours a week in the game.
Now we are the prey for the players with more time, the difference of the ships is already immense. 


Just what the game didn't need is the possibility to increase this disadvantage even more, with seasoned woods
What the game needs is to level the capacity of the ships. Make any feature maximum 5% better than the base

 

The rest of the patch content is very positive, by the way

 

Trading is now extremely viable again, even a rookie with a single indiaman can make large profits in trade routes that can be done in relatively short times. You have DLC ships available as well, with the new wood trims. Two rookies in DLC or normal woods crafted ships can take a vet in a seasoned woods ships and the vet stands to lose a lot more. 

I agree the new woods are likely to bring some imbalance but for once I'd like to see people not complain something is going to hurt the casual noobs. It's a win for casuals in 99% of this patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMPORTANT

Hotfix was deployed on 30th November 2019. 

  • Privateer fleets route testing
  • RVR 
    • NPC Raid patterns have changed for lower level ports. NPC Raiders will ALWAYS try to fill the BR limit by lowering class of ships. So for example for 10000 BR port NPCs will bring 18 Saint Pavels or Bellonas instead of 1st rates. They will continue to use 1 ship.
  • BR Limits for shallow ports lowered even lower
    • Nassay 2900
    • 2000 BR limit ports reduced to 1350
    • 1350 BR limit ports reduced to 900
  • Chinese localization file update
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, admin said:

IMPORTANT

Hotfix was deployed on 30th November 2019. 

  • Privateer fleets route testing
  • RVR 
    • NPC Raid patterns have changed for lower level ports. NPC Raiders will ALWAYS try to fill the BR limit by lowering class of ships. So for example for 10000 BR port NPCs will bring 18 Saint Pavels or Bellonas instead of 1st rates. They will continue to use 1 ship.
  • BR Limits for shallow ports lowered even lower
    • Nassay 2900
    • 2000 BR limit ports reduced to 1350
    • 1350 BR limit ports reduced to 900
  • Chinese localization file update

did you add in the drifting hulk mechanic? i boarded a bucentaure in my belle poule from the stern, 5 minutes later i was at its side, speed changing from everything from -0,5 to 1kn movement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, admin said:

IMPORTANT

Hotfix was deployed on 30th November 2019. 

  • Privateer fleets route testing
  • RVR 
    • NPC Raid patterns have changed for lower level ports. NPC Raiders will ALWAYS try to fill the BR limit by lowering class of ships. So for example for 10000 BR port NPCs will bring 18 Saint Pavels or Bellonas instead of 1st rates. They will continue to use 1 ship.
  • BR Limits for shallow ports lowered even lower
    • Nassay 2900
    • 2000 BR limit ports reduced to 1350
    • 1350 BR limit ports reduced to 900
  • Chinese localization file update

Does that mean they drop privateer chests now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BR changes for tiny nation like we not changing sadly anything - to compete in quality of ships we need 55-50 points port and to attack more ports we need attack 20K or 10K capital ports. Nothing change for Commonwealth according to players who still afloat there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Admin.

 

seems to be that trading goods like pearls and madagascar jewels didnt drop any more the whole day. Harbours: Fajardo, San juan, Sommerset, St. georges Town, North Inlet, Kidds harbour. Could you plz check it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Never said:

Trading is now extremely viable again, even a rookie with a single indiaman can make large profits in trade routes that can be done in relatively short times. You have DLC ships available as well, with the new wood trims. Two rookies in DLC or normal woods crafted ships can take a vet in a seasoned woods ships and the vet stands to lose a lot more. 

I agree the new woods are likely to bring some imbalance but for once I'd like to see people not complain something is going to hurt the casual noobs. It's a win for casuals in 99% of this patch. 

Not all casuals are noobs.
I don't want to be defended by NPCs, I want to have a good fight with similar arms, where the skill decides more than the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 6:10 PM, admin said:

Capital water protection - Also did not get in due to critical bug 
Once the feature is deployed privateers will be re-introduced into the game. Privateers will capitals and sometimes venture into important channels. Privateers will sail in strong mixed fleets with intercepting heavy frigates and fast lineships and will provide strong challenge to players operating deep in the capital waters territories.

There have been reports with screenshots as proofs of npc fleets attacking players; the ships then drop raiders chests

For some reason it seemed to only work for a few players - We've spotted the raiders (cant miss them, it's going super high speed), several of them, but never got attacked.

Attacking them turns them into regular npcs with regular drops.

Any elaboration?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fix is the shit. You guys hit it out the of park:

-Another tier of ships to work toward in the endgame (even if it's a little lame to give the big nations get a head start via port raid drops)

-Commodity trading is now a profitable (and FUN!) endgame for trading, and has already renewed the economy and population. I'm more addicted to running goods than I was to gold chest mission grinding

-Democratization of port battles so that smaller nations and clans can make an impact without having to beg other nations for help

The haters can keep hating. I'll just keep on sailing. Cheers!

Edited by Captain TShirt
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Captains

Hotfix was deployed today, Sunday 1st of December

  • 2 capitals of the Caribbean have updated Privateer fleets
  • Privateer chest is now dropping from those fleets. 
  • Weight of chest - 250 tons so almost any ship can carry it out.
     
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain TShirt said:

-Another tier of ships to work toward in the endgame (even if it's a little lame to give the big nations get a head start via port raid drops)

Just more pve  to get seasoning shed and then everything is back the way it was with very little new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

I don't understand this part :mean that we can carry with any ships 250ton more than now? 

For example; Prince has a capacity of 300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Capitals have the Privateer fleets?

Anyone know the ship makeup of these Privateer fleets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I saw 8 of such fleets at La Habana. All consisted of 5x trinco, 4x wasa and 2x l'ocean. Crazy fast OW speed, and they will tag players. Not so fast in battle luckily.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Benedicte said:

Today I saw 8 of such fleets at La Habana. All consisted of 5x trinco, 4x wasa and 2x l'ocean. Crazy fast OW speed, and they will tag players. Not so fast in battle luckily.

 

Means 11 ships against 1 Player ship? That's easy to handle, is'nt it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...