Game-Labs Forum

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. So Clans can establish a Clan warehouse, but why not a Clan Shipyard?!

Think about it:

Purpose: Clan crafted ships could be be put in Clan Shipyard by the ship crafter(s) and available for Clan members to claim and take ownership.

Ideas on how this could be implemented:

1. Ideal: An icon like Clan warehouse, but for a Clan shipyard. Simply adding an option for "Send to Clan Shipyard" or something when in your Docks view when right clicking on a ship if you own a Shipyard building at that Port.  When doing so, user is prompted with a basic UI where the ship crafter can select an all button option (To allow any clan member to claim ownership the ship), or specific clan members who have the permissions to claim that ship. (Take ownership and remove it from the Clan Shipyard). (If you do not own a Shipyard building, simply do not show the "Send to Clan Shipyard option upon right clicking on a ship when at the Docks).

2. Quick implementation using existing Clan warehouses: Make it so crafted ships by default come as a ship note, this is so it could be put in Clan warehouse. (Less dev work).

Thoughts!?

Edited by Captain BlackVane
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Its very strange that you say so. There is a huge difference between caring and focusing on something else. 
We work on something we consider more important and will continue without switching. We care about all proposals and best ideas or blockers (issues blocking gameplay) always get done first. 

We never had a big team and do not have a big team now. Why should we rush and switch when you claim falsely we do not care?
Why do you think that you can make your idea considered by abuse or false statements like we don't care

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Captain BlackVane said:

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. So Clans can establish a Clan warehouse, but why not a Clan Shipyard?!

Think about it:

Purpose: Clan crafted ships could be be put in Clan Shipyard by the ship crafter(s) and available for Clan members to claim and take ownership.

Ideas on how this could be implemented:

1. Ideal: An icon like Clan warehouse, but for a Clan shipyard. Simply adding an option for "Send to Clan Shipyard" or something when in your Docks view when right clicking on a ship if you own a Shipyard building at that Port.  When doing so, user is prompted with a basic UI where the ship crafter can select an all button option (To allow any clan member to claim ownership the ship), or specific clan members who have the permissions to claim that ship. (Take ownership and remove it from the Clan Shipyard). (If you do not own a Shipyard building, simply do not show the "Send to Clan Shipyard option upon right clicking on a ship when at the Docks).

2. Quick implementation using existing Clan warehouses: Make it so crafted ships by default come as a ship note, this is so it could be put in Clan warehouse. (Less dev work).

Thoughts!?

Clan docks is a good idea but currently game provides enough dock space for a player. And give all the instruments to trade ships to others. We have no plans to expand this by providing clan docks at this stage. As there are other more important priorities. 
Crafting ships as notes. You can ask NPC traders to craft you a ship if you have the special note - but you always get the ship when ship is crafted. Storing ships as notes (converting build ships into packaged box) is not a good idea. Once the ship is built it is a ship and can either be sold, destroyed, sank or traded away - not packaged into a piece of paper. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, admin said:

We never had a big team and do not have a big team now. Why should we rush and switch when you claim falsely we do not care?
Why do you think that you can make your idea considered by abuse or false statements like we don't care

I guess that was not about your team but about people not using forum search

@admin its not about the dockspace itself, but that if player 1 is online and crafting a ship for player 2 he can place player 2's ship in the dockyard so he can pick it up when he is online. Its been requested alot of times like other stuff, but you have your priorities as you say

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Its very strange that you say so. There is a huge difference between caring and focusing on something else. 
We work on something we consider more important and will continue without switching. We care about all proposals and best ideas or blockers (issues blocking gameplay) always get done first. 

Sorry for misunderstanding 

but you never said you are looking into it, in any of the post. I do not remember. So I thought you did not care. I do not mean "he does not give a f.." , there is a misunderstanding. It is about language I think, I am not native speaker, you are not I guess, but you are sometimes very defensive, even people do not mean it.

Is it really too much coding to add some clan docks ? Isn't it basicaly another window to be added, sorry again for my ignorance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, admin said:

Clan docks is a good idea but currently game provides enough dock space for a player. And give all the instruments to trade ships to others. We have no plans to expand this by providing clan docks at this stage. As there are other more important priorities. 
Crafting ships as notes. You can ask NPC traders to craft you a ship if you have the special note - but you always get the ship when ship is crafted. Storing ships as notes (converting build ships into packaged box) is not a good idea. Once the ship is built it is a ship and can either be sold, destroyed, sank or traded away - not packaged into a piece of paper. 

I beg to differ. Clan docks is NOT about extra space. Its about making ship transfer between players easier. Or letting other players have free ships for grabs etc.
This especially a meaningful feature for clan crafters who, after completing a crafting ship order wanting to pass the ship to the player who is playing in different timezone.
Heck, I'm happy to sacrifice some of my personal dock space for this feature.

Pros - More sensible and enjoyable gameplay mechanic that makes players life in NA more enjoyable.
Cons - NONE

Edited by koltes
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, admin said:

perhaps clan docks could be put on the wish list for the future? 

1(one)  clan dock for every member of a clan would be great .(administrative from within clan warehouse)

a. placed at the dock of the clan warehouse .

b. with a   in possession indicator and place and user of a dedicated  clan ship ?? (coding) 

Edited by Thonys

13 hours ago, admin said:

I understand priorities and sticking to an established plan, but this is in fact a good QOL idea.  Most of us who deal with crafting have found ourselves waiting for someone so that we can perform a trade.  As far as the dock space is concerned, it has been suggested before that all clan members give up one dock spot to the clan to make the "clan Dock".  I would happily participate in this.  Don't drop everything to make this happen.....but please add it to your list as an eventual addition.  Crafters could drop a ship into the clan dock with a Captain's name on it.  It would be a great convenience.

• Like 2

If it's truly a QOL suggestion and for crafters to deliver to clan members or for ship freebies, then you need to attach an expiration to this request.  i.e. ships in clan docks sink after 48 hrs or something (adjustable).  If not then your stated purpose is just a pretense and it will be abused by big clans to continue to stockpile.  Besides, aren't you already storing ships in your alt's docks?

9 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Besides, aren't you already storing ships in your alt's docks?

So we should buy another copy of NA to store ships ? That is the fair approach ?

Big clans are already doing it mate, but "is it the normal, to buy other accounts to store ships" ? But "it is not normal to have clan docks as a normal game feature" while our clans owns lots of ports, owns millions of reals, tens of 1st rates...

Edited by AeRoTR

3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

So we should buy another copy of NA to store ships ? That is the fair approach ?

Big clans are already doing it mate, but "is it the normal, to buy other accounts to store ships" ? But "it is not normal to have clan docks as a normal game feature" while our clans owns lots of ports, ownd millions of reals, tens of 1st rates...

You misinterpret my response.

i didn't say I use an alt for this.  I don't have one, never did and never will.  It's cheating IMHO.  But others flaunt them like it's no big deal.  But this is not a thread about alts anyway, so why did you pick that to comment, that wasn't even the point of my post!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, koltes said:

I beg to differ. Clan docks is NOT about extra space. Its about making ship transfer between players easier. Or letting other players have free ships for grabs etc.
This especially a meaningful feature for clan crafters who, after completing a crafting ship order wanting to pass the ship to the player who is playing in different timezone.
Heck, I'm happy to sacrifice some of my personal dock space for this feature.

Pros - More sensible and enjoyable gameplay mechanic that makes players life in NA more enjoyable.
Cons - NONE

Couldn't have said this any better. Yes, its about transferring between players easier to make that experience less of a pain. As many have mentioned I think we'd all be willing to give up dock space for such feature.

16 hours ago, admin said:

There is a huge difference between caring and focusing on something else. 

We never had a big team and do not have a big team now. 

As a software developer working in scrum & agile, I totally understand this. I appreciate the prompt response.

Edited by Captain BlackVane

5 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

As far as the dock space is concerned, it has been suggested before that all clan members give up one dock spot to the clan to make the "clan Dock"

Instituting this would mean that there is no increase in dock space...anywhere.  What the clan gains, the individual's lose. 

• Like 1

@admin Well... I have an alternative idea to clan docks

Create ship sale contract in Ship Auction, but only to a specific player so only the specific player (no one else) may buy the ship for the price you set (we already doing this to an extend when we need to pass ships without outpost). Apart from the person who its addressed to, no one else can actually see that Auction

This will be very easy to implement
Ship transfer sorted without docks
No extra dock space involved

Edited by koltes
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:58 PM, koltes said:

@admin Well... I have an alternative idea to clan docks

Create ship sale contract in Ship Auction, but only to a specific player so only the specific player (no one else) may buy the ship for the price you set (we already doing this to an extend when we need to pass ships without outpost). Apart from the person who its addressed to, no one else can actually see that Auction

This will be very easy to implement
Ship transfer sorted without docks
No extra dock space involved

I like it.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:28 PM, Custard said:

It has never been about extra dock space per player it's about allowing even small clans to manage transfer of crafted ships from crafters to Captains and maybe sharing a particular ship between Clan members.

lets be honest, it's about pooling a fleet of ships that anyone can pick from or only certain people can pick from with restrictions so when pvp afronts and people are scrambling for fits you can assure your clan is well prepared in predictable and well suited crafts for the task at hand. The mere transfer of ship is an underselling of the value a feature like this has.