Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Dread hull in the Pre-Dreadnought Conflict

NuclearNadal

Ok so the hull used is that of the 'Old Predreadnaught". It seems like a French design but I can't find any that look similar to it?

The main question however is that when upping it to 11500t, I can't fit in another 13in turret (Midships). The reason why I'm questioning this is because the Mk1 13in turret matches the profile of the ship and fits perfectly in the midships gun slot. Am I wrong about this? Was it only intended to have two turrets and the middle section was just left empty?

3 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

You can't find her under any French ships because shes German! The Brandenburg class, their first ocean going battleships. The 11in turret is actually the proper historical turret for the hull and should fit midship.

Das war ein Befehl! Der Angriff Steiner war ein Befehl!

(This is German?! This Piece of Shiße is German?!)

Anyone get the reference ;)

I uh, unfortunately don't. 

But what's interesting is that the Brandenburg Class battleships had issues with their amidships turret much like you've had. In their case the bow and stern guns were 11" 40 caliber weapons, while the center turret had twin 11" 35 caliber guns to facilitate the cramped spot. Furthermore the ships suffered considerable blast damage to the deck and superstructure from the center turret whenever it was used. And by being of a different calibre the guns had subtlety different ballistics making it more difficult to spot splashed and adjusted fire. The Germans ended up selling them to the Ottomans whom forgot how to take care of warships or have any sort of functional navy.. and well. They flailed about aganist the Greeks, both ships suffered breach explosions at one point, and well. Just the ottomans. 

13 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

I uh, unfortunately don't. 

But what's interesting is that the Brandenburg Class battleships had issues with their amidships turret much like you've had. In their case the bow and stern guns were 11" 40 caliber weapons, while the center turret had twin 11" 35 caliber guns to facilitate the cramped spot. Furthermore the ships suffered considerable blast damage to the deck and superstructure from the center turret whenever it was used. And by being of a different calibre the guns had subtlety different ballistics making it more difficult to spot splashed and adjusted fire. The Germans ended up selling them to the Ottomans whom forgot how to take care of warships or have any sort of functional navy.. and well. They flailed about aganist the Greeks, both ships suffered breach explosions at one point, and well. Just the ottomans. 

The movie Downfall lol

I feel like making a 11in/40cal gun and also an 11in/39cal gun an put it in the same turret just to get that nice shell dispersion.