Game-Labs Forum
admin

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

like admin says, we are btw way off topic, but once you've set up your shipyard, lumbermill, stone quarry and mine you have no boundaries for the 1st rates, all you need to do is to login for a few days, claim resources and build the ship,  its literally no gameplay to it

You forgot about the Dubloons and crafting permits required to build a 1st rate.. None of which just magically appear in your warehouse.

You have to work for those aswell, unless somebody will either sell or give them to you.

17 hours ago, admin said:

Not sure what you mean. 2 people can make first rates not fast but its not an impossible endeavour. Setting up is not easy, but once you set up shipyard and buildings you can build first rates. I would like to suggest you try building a Titan with 2 people in EvE before saying that building a first rate is hard.

this ^^

it s exactly my point trying to say why building a first rate or any other sol  is just to easy  (not to confuse with 7- to- 4 rate [they should be easy]  )

the rate of sinking ships in this game is phenomenal.

there is no fear in loosing a expensive ship ...because you can build it in one second (most of the great builders have the mats and items in stock)

it is also one of the reasons players see no goal in the longer term to build a power for  their own .

for comparison building a marauder and bigger ,in eve... starts with at least a month building time ... after assembled the items and materials, if you do it on your own.

or buy a ship... but you pay for that  very..dearly...(real dollars)

so if we compare the effort ( EVE vs NA)...Naval action is just a very very very easy game for everybody. even for captains just a month in the game and have the crew already and no skill.

i still believe the crafting business can be intensified.:  but on one condition...>   the access to the parts should not be that difficult .and doable... you just need to know where to get them .so access to the first rate is doable for everybody  (even best  upgrades).

the wars with SOL where a national effort and took time but in this game it is done by one player in a sec.((at some point [when the shipyard is in place]))

i am not saying we should make building a sol should be like EVE standards... but a little more effort for building a first rate should be not that easy for as it is now.

we need more challenge for building a first rate. (or any other  sol)

captains must feel the loss and at the moment its just a disposable piece of wood.

therefore i don like the capturing of AI sols in the first place.(it outbalanced the power at big nations as well >> to become even more powerful)

everything else is fine , but sols should be taken out of the capturing business it spoils the > market and goals and danger and excitement 

that s what can make NA different from WOT war thunder and WOWS. >> that s the niche ..and we should all guard over it. 

but it seems most captains want s to picking in the nose, and sail a sol at the same time >>> its weird. 

or even worse>>> watch you tube at the same time...(that s  NA unworthy and disgusting )

keep the game growing >> straight up the ladder to become a real captain.

ps. i am still a noob and not ready to sail  a santi , but let me get your trader first :))

it is a matter of persuasion for what the game needs.many just don t see it...

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, erelkivtuadrater said:

that is true, but for a new player the usual thing is to rinse and repeat combat missions, i remember when i ranked up in GB, i got carried through ranks by @John Cavanaugh in his victory,  blasting through frigates etc :) but it didnt get repetitive by doing that because we were traveling different places aswell

New phone who dis

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

Main issue is not the balance, but the variety of things players can do besides simply fighting for fun , loot and marks. And game isn't dying, it has stable numbers, but they a below level when player-driven system can be workable enough

I've never said that the game is dying! but it is a fact that players leave the game.

And it is all about how you balance a game to make it fair and playable for all and not for a few. So I think that you don't get the point of the main issue here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ortac said:

You forgot about the Dubloons and crafting permits required to build a 1st rate.. None of which just magically appear in your warehouse.

You have to work for those aswell, unless somebody will either sell or give them to you.

You can simply trade those permits and doubloons to you by afk trading, when you have done the basics and set yourself up, lets say if you know what you're doing and not playing 24/7 you are realistically ready to just login, claim resources and afk trade in 2 weeks. So yeah the first 2 weeks you have to play the game, other then that there is nothing stopping you from crafting a lineship with minimal gametime

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

1 hour ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

We need the Hevea brasiliensis the rubber tree, so with a new blueprint hood, we could craft condoms 🤣

or bounce ...balls :)

What the flying hello kitty.

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

What a hello kittying waste of time.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

Hopefully the ai can strike down some russian ports as well!

On 11/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, Thonys said:

this ^^

it s exactly my point trying to say why building a first rate or any other sol  is just to easy  (not to confuse with 7- to- 4 rate [they should be easy]  )

the rate of sinking ships in this game is phenomenal.

there is no fear in loosing a expensive ship ...because you can build it in one second (most of the great builders have the mats and items in stock)

it is also one of the reasons players see no goal in the longer term to build a power for  their own .

for comparison building a marauder and bigger ,in eve... starts with at least a month building time ... after assembled the items and materials, if you do it on your own.

or buy a ship... but you pay for that  very..dearly...(real dollars)

so if we compare the effort ( EVE vs NA)...Naval action is just a very very very easy game for everybody. even for captains just a month in the game and have the crew already and no skill.

i still believe the crafting business can be intensified.:  but on one condition...>   the access to the parts should not be that difficult .and doable... you just need to know where to get them .so access to the first rate is doable for everybody  (even best  upgrades).

the wars with SOL where a national effort and took time but in this game it is done by one player in a sec.((at some point [when the shipyard is in place]))

i am not saying we should make building a sol should be like EVE standards... but a little more effort for building a first rate should be not that easy for as it is now.

we need more challenge for building a first rate. (or any other  sol)

captains must feel the loss and at the moment its just a disposable piece of wood.

therefore i don like the capturing of AI sols in the first place.(it outbalanced the power at big nations as well >> to become even more powerful)

everything else is fine , but sols should be taken out of the capturing business it spoils the > market and goals and danger and excitement 

that s what can make NA different from WOT war thunder and WOWS. >> that s the niche ..and we should all guard over it. 

but it seems most captains want s to picking in the nose, and sail a sol at the same time >>> its weird. 

or even worse>>> watch you tube at the same time...(that s  NA unworthy and disgusting )

keep the game growing >> straight up the ladder to become a real captain.

ps. i am still a noob and not ready to sail  a santi , but let me get your trader first :))

it is a matter of persuasion for what the game needs.many just don t see it...

As a relatively new returner to the game, I say that allowing players to capture all ships  has been a great boon to me and probobly alot of players because it allows them to gain the experience and confidence needed to be able to get back into the fray.  I think the developers need to make a way to tax the top nations by either placing a higher burden on their crew recruitment costs or have a higher tax to their mother kingdom, or whatnot.( because even though having to trade seems like a menial task... especially when the traders are complaining of being ganked! If everybody needs to make money to pay for the crews then maybe people will be more apt to defend the trade lanes and help out more! Thus bringing a feel of a more connected community!)

But I definitely feel that anything that allow the players to get into the action more easily is always a plus for the game entirely and removing the option from the players would be a move in the wrong direction. I also like that crafting system has been made easier because in the past (a year or so ago) there were so many different steps to collecting variety of items that it made  jumping into ship building feel a little bit overwhelming.

Game  has come a long way from the start and I think it will make a great jumping point for NA 2!

Edited by Chromey

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Just like starting a Hostility Mission before they're even available, this is a feature that works as intended. No need to complain, just get gud and out mechanic the mechanic. lul

1 minute ago, van der Clam said:
2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Just like starting a Hostility Mission before they're even available, this is a feature that works as intended. No need to complain, just get gud and out mechanic the mechanic. lul

What is so incredibly infuriating about this is not the mechanic itself but the fact that the ONLY way of finding out about it is by basically losing the battle.

There is NO OTHER form of battle instance that closes after the initial countdown runs out. Every single one allows joining for a longer time afterwards. And now for some reason those new NPC Raids immediately close. That completely breaks the pattern of how battle instances work.
The smart thing in a defensive PvP PB is to wait and see where the attackers join to then join in the most advantageous position relative to their spawn point. Naturally this is what we did in this Raid. Only to find out that once the enemy is visible inside the instance, the battle instantly closes. And you can only find that out this way. Because if you join within the timer you cannot see from inside that the battle closes on the countdown hitting 0.

It is basically letting the players run into a knife, without any chance of warning, for making tactically sound decisions. The result being that we now, through now fault of our own, need to grind up hundreds of CMs and a few hundred thousands of Doubloons if we want to get the port back to it's potential. You can all guess how that works out for keeping players in the game...

56 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

What is so incredibly infuriating about this is not the mechanic itself but the fact that the ONLY way of finding out about it is by basically losing the battle.

Do you mean we cannot reliably rely on you checking the feature out and testing it even if we give it out WAY IN ADVANCE?
If someone (especially some one with high profile ports)  have not tested the feature he cannot shift blame. 

• Raider battle do not show enemy positions until battle starts - Because otherwise players will send one scout and then join where NPCs are.
  • Raider battles close immediately when they start - BECAUSE otherwise players will wait until NPCs sail closer to and join the battle right where NPCs are sailing.

But we knew Raider port battle were a huge risk - and some people on the forum gave an amazing idea - to switch safety on and run those port battles without consequences, to properly test

• We gave the feature with SAFETY ON without any consequences to test
  • Raiders were literally attacking every port with this mechanic (even smallest nations)
  • Thanks for that suggestions 2 critical bugs were found and fixed 
    • Bug with point generation
      • thanks all the clans who lost the battles and reported it
    • Bug that crashed  when players tried to capture and send a bot out of the instance.
      • thanks BF that had at least one battle crash live on stream

You had time to test and find out all the features, but maybe missed it. I am not going to shift blame to you too as we are all one family and community. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I agree with what you are saying that the mechanics are very poor, but there was plenty of time to test these mechanics and not many people used that time effectively to test and raise issues with the mechanic.

Edit: Mind you there were some questions asked by people that were never answered by the dev team, so it sort of puts people off testing mechanics as when they raise genuine concerns they are ignored.

Edited by Archaos

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Same response as above. 
This wont be changed. This is how it is supposed to work.

3 hours ago, Chromey said:

As a relatively new returner to the game, I say that allowing players to capture all ships  has been a great boon to me and probobly alot of players because it allows them to gain the experience and confidence needed to be able to get back into the fray.  I think the developers need to make a way to tax the top nations by either placing a higher burden on their crew recruitment costs or have a higher tax to their mother kingdom, or whatnot.( because even though having to trade seems like a menial task... especially when the traders are complaining of being ganked! If everybody needs to make money to pay for the crews then maybe people will be more apt to defend the trade lanes and help out more! Thus bringing a feel of a more connected community!)

But I definitely feel that anything that allow the players to get into the action more easily is always a plus for the game entirely and removing the option from the players would be a move in the wrong direction. I also like that crafting system has been made easier because in the past (a year or so ago) there were so many different steps to collecting variety of items that it made  jumping into ship building feel a little bit overwhelming.

Game  has come a long way from the start and I think it will make a great jumping point for NA 2!

i hear what you say "new returner"

but a first rate is like a titan we don't have anything bigger .

it is almost that easy that the question pops up

"why should we build them in the first place..." 

you also can click a list of goodie goodies and that's it.... and ready to go..

i believe the fifth colonne  has infiltrated into the game ,

^^    just to ruin it.

it`s  a game not a ordering list for pizza`s....

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You have training and testing time for 2 or 3 weeks, so you could learn things.

But @admin - there actually should be full rules for RAID battle published. Cause here:

and here

There is no information about battle closure

Edited by Malcolm3

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The NPC raids are easy to defend. Did no one in your group take part in the testing or at least ask someone who did to learn how to run the defense of the port?

• Like 1

Generally I don't tend to sit around outside battles finding out when they closed. I participated in the port raids when they were safe, I can't check the timer inside the port raid though can I?

On 11/17/2019 at 7:26 AM, z4ys said:

NPC Raiders and Brits attacking Russia gave Prussia content. In my opinion NPC Raiders arent a bad mechanic. The trigger mechanic tho could be improved.

@admin watch 40:00 -  41:00 why item transfer is so difficult still?

Edited by Audacious

1 hour ago, Audacious said:

@admin watch 40:00 -  41:00 why item transfer is so difficult still?

To be honest we hello kittyed up a bit. First 4 people wanted a share then someone changed his mind and I had to divide by 5.

But I agree. Dividing by 2, 4, 8, 16 ... isnt a problem its easy to achive by "split"ing each new stack. For all other divide combinations its better use "split" and type in the amount. Still a lot of clicking I agree. But how often loot gets shared this way? I guess common used divide is by 2 and this is fine.

Edited by z4ys

We were just attacked by an NPC fleet at St Mary's on the PVE server.  They were using Essex frigates that somehow had over 500 crew and when boarding, killed 94 of my crew with a musket volley.  How exactly does one get that many crew on an Essex?   This is pretty much cheating on the devs' part.

7 minutes ago, oldcrankyman said:

We were just attacked by an NPC fleet at St Mary's on the PVE server.  They were using Essex frigates that somehow had over 500 crew and when boarding, killed 94 of my crew with a musket volley.  How exactly does one get that many crew on an Essex?   This is pretty much cheating on the devs' part.

Sorry cranky old man, but this is how it works. Raiders are ELITE NPCs to bring challenge (to make it hard but not impossible). Many clans lose to them initially - recapture, change tactics and never lose again.

A little bit of practice and focus fire will help you win those battles with ease. How many were you?