Game-Labs Forum

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

56 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

What is so incredibly infuriating about this is not the mechanic itself but the fact that the ONLY way of finding out about it is by basically losing the battle.

Do you mean we cannot reliably rely on you checking the feature out and testing it even if we give it out WAY IN ADVANCE?
If someone (especially some one with high profile ports)  have not tested the feature he cannot shift blame. 

• Raider battle do not show enemy positions until battle starts - Because otherwise players will send one scout and then join where NPCs are.
  • Raider battles close immediately when they start - BECAUSE otherwise players will wait until NPCs sail closer to and join the battle right where NPCs are sailing.

But we knew Raider port battle were a huge risk - and some people on the forum gave an amazing idea - to switch safety on and run those port battles without consequences, to properly test

• We gave the feature with SAFETY ON without any consequences to test
  • Raiders were literally attacking every port with this mechanic (even smallest nations)
  • Thanks for that suggestions 2 critical bugs were found and fixed 
    • Bug with point generation
      • thanks all the clans who lost the battles and reported it
    • Bug that crashed  when players tried to capture and send a bot out of the instance.
      • thanks BF that had at least one battle crash live on stream

You had time to test and find out all the features, but maybe missed it. I am not going to shift blame to you too as we are all one family and community. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What the flying hello kitty.

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

What a hello kittying waste of time.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

I agree with what you are saying that the mechanics are very poor, but there was plenty of time to test these mechanics and not many people used that time effectively to test and raise issues with the mechanic.

Edit: Mind you there were some questions asked by people that were never answered by the dev team, so it sort of puts people off testing mechanics as when they raise genuine concerns they are ignored.

Edited by Archaos

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

Same response as above. 
This wont be changed. This is how it is supposed to work.

3 hours ago, Chromey said:

As a relatively new returner to the game, I say that allowing players to capture all ships  has been a great boon to me and probobly alot of players because it allows them to gain the experience and confidence needed to be able to get back into the fray.  I think the developers need to make a way to tax the top nations by either placing a higher burden on their crew recruitment costs or have a higher tax to their mother kingdom, or whatnot.( because even though having to trade seems like a menial task... especially when the traders are complaining of being ganked! If everybody needs to make money to pay for the crews then maybe people will be more apt to defend the trade lanes and help out more! Thus bringing a feel of a more connected community!)

But I definitely feel that anything that allow the players to get into the action more easily is always a plus for the game entirely and removing the option from the players would be a move in the wrong direction. I also like that crafting system has been made easier because in the past (a year or so ago) there were so many different steps to collecting variety of items that it made  jumping into ship building feel a little bit overwhelming.

Game  has come a long way from the start and I think it will make a great jumping point for NA 2!

i hear what you say "new returner"

but a first rate is like a titan we don't have anything bigger .

it is almost that easy that the question pops up

"why should we build them in the first place..." 

you also can click a list of goodie goodies and that's it.... and ready to go..

i believe the fifth colonne  has infiltrated into the game ,

^^    just to ruin it.

it`s  a game not a ordering list for pizza`s....

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

You have training and testing time for 2 or 3 weeks, so you could learn things.

But @admin - there actually should be full rules for RAID battle published. Cause here:

and here

There is no information about battle closure

Edited by Malcolm3

4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The NPC raids are easy to defend. Did no one in your group take part in the testing or at least ask someone who did to learn how to run the defense of the port?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 7:26 AM, z4ys said:

NPC Raiders and Brits attacking Russia gave Prussia content. In my opinion NPC Raiders arent a bad mechanic. The trigger mechanic tho could be improved.

@admin watch 40:00 -  41:00 why item transfer is so difficult still?

Edited by Audacious

1 hour ago, Audacious said:

@admin watch 40:00 -  41:00 why item transfer is so difficult still?

To be honest we hello kittyed up a bit. First 4 people wanted a share then someone changed his mind and I had to divide by 5.

But I agree. Dividing by 2, 4, 8, 16 ... isnt a problem its easy to achive by "split"ing each new stack. For all other divide combinations its better use "split" and type in the amount. Still a lot of clicking I agree. But how often loot gets shared this way? I guess common used divide is by 2 and this is fine.

Edited by z4ys

• 2 weeks later...

We were just attacked by an NPC fleet at St Mary's on the PVE server.  They were using Essex frigates that somehow had over 500 crew and when boarding, killed 94 of my crew with a musket volley.  How exactly does one get that many crew on an Essex?   This is pretty much cheating on the devs' part.

7 minutes ago, oldcrankyman said:

We were just attacked by an NPC fleet at St Mary's on the PVE server.  They were using Essex frigates that somehow had over 500 crew and when boarding, killed 94 of my crew with a musket volley.  How exactly does one get that many crew on an Essex?   This is pretty much cheating on the devs' part.

Sorry cranky old man, but this is how it works. Raiders are ELITE NPCs to bring challenge (to make it hard but not impossible). Many clans lose to them initially - recapture, change tactics and never lose again.

A little bit of practice and focus fire will help you win those battles with ease. How many were you?

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Sorry cranky old man, but this is how it works. Raiders are ELITE NPCs to bring challenge (to make it hard but not impossible). Many clans lose to them initially - recapture, change tactics and never lose again.

A little bit of practice and focus fire will help you win those battles with ease. How many were you?

Ok, it would have been physically impossible to win that battle.  They had the wind advantage, number advantage, since we were expecting 4th rate ships at a 4th rate PB.  How exactly do you put over 500 crew on an Essex?   I'd have more to say about your "this is how it works" nonsense, but I'm trying to be more polite in my old age.  Your mechanic is severely broken.

You really need to put ALL of the info regarding these port battles in ONE easy to find place, I don't have the time to be searching the forums for hours.

Also, it's oldcrankyman, NOT cranky old man.  You boys need some training in customer service.

Edited by oldcrankyman

17 minutes ago, oldcrankyman said:

Ok, it would have been physically impossible to win that battle.  They had the wind advantage, number advantage, since we were expecting 4th rate ships at a 4th rate PB.  How exactly do you put over 500 crew on an Essex?   I'd have more to say about your "this is how it works" nonsense, but I'm trying to be more polite in my old age.  Your mechanic is severely broken.

You really need to put ALL of the info regarding these port battles in ONE easy to find place, I don't have the time to be searching the forums for hours.

Also, it's oldcrankyman, NOT cranky old man.  You boys need some training in customer service.

I have been treated with kindness and generosity by them so keep it civil, sir.

5 minutes ago, Capitan Salazar said:

I have been treated with kindness and generosity by them so keep it civil, sir.

You might look at what he posted, bubba.  This is about as civil as I'm going to get regarding this issue.

I'm the customer, the admin is here to provide customer service.

Edited by oldcrankyman

would everyone just stop pulling the god damn "i am a paying " customer card. we're all god damn cutsomers. and the game is gamelabs baby . i've been here a while seen good thing taken out because of crying without giving the god damn chnages any time . so just suck it up . if admin says there is a way , there is . i have never seen the dude lyeing so far , ni all the years i've been here but i keep seeing ppl calling bs and then being all stuck up if the guy defends himself.

if the dude says there is a way to beat it , there is . we'll find it eventually and then it'll be easy .

Edited by BoomBox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldcrankyman said:

500 men on a ship that normally has a complement of around 300. I guess its obvious to assume that those are trained marines rdy to raid the port and to fight off any boarding party.

27 minutes ago, z4ys said:

500 men on a ship that normally has a complement of around 300. I guess its obvious to assume that those are trained marines rdy to raid the port and to fight off any boarding party.

On an Essex?  Come on even you got to see that is getting to be BS, AI all ready get super board mods and full marines while we go in half handicapped (you can go board or fight fit not both).   They get boosted stats with reload and damage, why more crew now too?  That is pretty much saying instant death to players.  This is not how you make games more challenging, by boosting stats until they are retardly way to powerful.  It's very poor mechanics and you need to make your game balanced for the average players not a few elite players in game that seem to have no life.

Some of us actually like to board in fights, but these elite AI having super powerful marines and boarding mods means it's death to board even if your a fully fitted out boarder.   It shouldn't be that way.  Hard yes, but not near impossible. I had boarded elite ships with way more crew and had to abort cause my attacks other than broadside with my actual cannons was pretty much ineffective cause there FP and stats are way to powerful.  With the Indiamans and such you should be allowed to have dedicated boarders in your group to take them out instead of just sinking every thing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Come on even you got to see that is getting to be BS, AI all ready get super board mods and full marines while we go in half handicapped (you can go board or fight fit not both).   

This is first a game
And even if it was not - landing and invasion fleets could and did carry troops which greatly exceeded crew. Essex hull could fit a lot extra troops for a short period. 

Short version: Complaint not accepted, you being in the army saw soldiers packed in planes and transport ships.

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

players in game that seem to have no life

The comment that elite NPCs can only be killed by players who have no life is very weird to be heard from you. Because this comment is not true. 

This comment is out of place. Please stop thinking players are idiots, please stop treating players like imbeciles. 
This is a game for intelligent human beings and every player can sink an elite NPC with proper preparation. Its not clicker heroes and we will have hard enemies. For everyone. Just like WOW.  

• Like 1

Agreed that some of the bonuses on AI feel a bit overkill. But I think it's mostly about perception; players see an Ai ship called 'L'Ocean' and directly compare it their own player owned L'Ocean and expect it to be close to the same. But in every game out there all Ai is overpowered; if they weren't then they would fail to beat any players. To make the Ai more challenging it needs to outnumber the player or have more bonuses. 

On 11/16/2019 at 6:56 AM, admin said:
  • 15-18 combat ships - 325 points each (on reaching the capture zone)
  • 4-6 transports - 15 points each (on reaching the capture zone)

@admin скажите пожалуйста, вы не ошиблись в написании сообщения? Вы поменяли в игре очки транспортным и боевым кораблям или ошиблись в данном сообщении?

5 minutes ago, Yettie said:

@admin скажите пожалуйста, вы не ошиблись в написании сообщения? Вы поменяли в игре очки транспортным и боевым кораблям или ошиблись в данном сообщении?

Поменяли.

NPC Raids

• Points for capture zone entry have been slightly increased
    • Combat ships now give 15 points instead of 10
    • Trading Transports now give 325 points instead of 300

См. тут:

2 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Поменяли

Нет нет, тут написано что боевой корабль получает 325 очков а транспортный 15, смысл же был другой, транспортный получал раньше 325 (300) а боевой 15 (10).

Я не об изменении 300->325 и 10->15

Edited by Yettie