Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

using dubloons for repairing first rates  and maybe hire new crew is a good idea 

Oh hello kitty off...

It's already way too grindy to participate in RvR. If You make it more grindy, even less players will bother.

Why did we call off the attack on Santa Marta yesterday?
Cause we were 3-4 ships short, and decided that it will take way too much time to rebuild the ships we brought.

If the things would be like in the past, we wouldn't bother. We would join, probably die, but at least have some fun.
Now, we just sailed back home, because even those 2 hours lost on doing absolutely nothing, is nothing compared to amount of time which would require every one of us to build a new ship of the line for future fights.

The RvR is so broken with those overinflated BR limits, that even "used-to-be-second-biggest-nation" can't really compete with the Russian zerg.

 

Way to go, definitely.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should look at it this way. We always (from the start of early prototyping in 2014) stated that the game will have basic crafting and basic trading. It is in game. Its the best we can do.. W

This is a myth. There are spikes and then there is stable base. Stable base have not changed since 2016. It has been at 500-600 concurrent online (6000 active daily users) for both servers for like 3

On the PvP server, NPC PB should be disabled imo. The NPC PB feature is broken, they are not fighting they just sail to enter circles with OP speed. It is not fun, it is not really that rewarding, jus

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OjK said:

Oh hello kitty off...

It's already way too grindy to participate in RvR. If You make it more grindy, even less players will bother.

Why did we call off the attack on Santa Marta yesterday?
Cause we were 3-4 ships short, and decided that it will take way too much time to rebuild the ships we brought.

If the things would be like in the past, we wouldn't bother. We would join, probably die, but at least have some fun.
Now, we just sailed back home, because even those 2 hours lost on doing absolutely nothing, is nothing compared to amount of time which would require every one of us to build a new ship of the line for future fights.

The RvR is so broken with those overinflated BR limits, that even "used-to-be-second-biggest-nation" can't really compete with the Russian zerg.

 

Way to go, definitely.

BuT eVeRYonE liKeS 25 v 25 1sT RaTE bAtTles

As well

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, qw569 said:

If I correctly translated the message, then you have no experience crafting the first rate on the War server. This fact makes me sad :(

Not sure what you mean. 2 people can make first rates not fast but its not an impossible endeavour. Setting up is not easy, but once you set up shipyard and buildings you can build first rates. I would like to suggest you try building a Titan with 2 people in EvE before saying that building a first rate is hard.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, admin said:

Our approach have changed since we started Game - Labs. We no longer are satisfied with just basic implementations.There are 3X better crafting and trading games like X3.  Everything we deliver must worth a stand alone game, this includes crafting.

Minor changes will of course be applied. 
In fact new building is coming live this or next week. 

A new building? Can you give us a hint? Will the number of buildings we can have be increased? As for trading, the current mission structure works for me. Hauling items across the map does not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, admin said:

There are 3X better crafting and trading games like X3.  

Thanks for the reference.  X4 Foundations looks like a nice game but it is single player and the ships are in space.  I'm not sure trading single player would be as much fun as trading with players here in NA.  Players are dynamic and unpredictable, infinitely more interesting than AI.

14 minutes ago, Preechur Blackheart said:

 Can you give us a hint?

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, huliotkd said:

raising money isn't solution. reals are an unlimited resources and if you link the maintenance of ships to an unlimited resource you will have an unlimited maintenance so nothing will change.

the only way to limit things is to limit the slots for each account. the game will still be fun and more stimulating for players.   it is also needed a raise in resource requirements for crafting lineships, as i wrote in this thread

your thinking too small hulio. The costs of 1st place natoin to keep large navies would be taxed heavily by this and force them to be more cautious. 1st place nation has the most captains but also the most to loose if they loose too many battles. Sure alot of richer 1st place natoin players can afford this no problem but they will have to help pay the costs for thier less rich clan mates to be able to keep up in the 'zerg'. Currently all pay only 4 reals per ships crewman. If first place had to pay 400 per, it would go A LONG WAY to help balancing out the zerg.

 

THINK ABOUT IT.

Edited by Chromey
needed to remind about no cost crewmen
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chromey said:

your thinking too small hulio. The costs of 1st place natoin to keep large navies would be taxed heavily by this and force them to be more cautious. 1st place nation has the most captains but also the most to loose if they loose too many battles. Sure alot of richer 1st place natoin players can afford this no problem but they will have to help pay the costs for thier less rich clan mates to be able to keep up in the 'zerg'. Currently all pay only 4 reals per ships crewman. If first place had to pay 400 per, it would go A LONG WAY to help balancing out the zerg.

 

THINK ABOUT IT.

nope.

why i have to pay for less rich clan? i can pay only for  my 25 1st rates clan and others will use cheaper ships. also, 400 each crewman will be 440k for an ocean that is nothing for a player of a clan of the 1 place nation. many players have more than 100 kk so 400k is nothing. and 400k is only for the 1st rates lost cause if you have 25 1st rates you don't have to pay for each 25 1st rates crew...but only 1100 per time until you lost a 1st rate.

but if you are the richest nation with best pvp players you wont loose many battle so if you loose 5 1st rates you, as richest nation, can always replace immediatly and without any problem for money.

so i'm the richest, i can store 80 1st rates with only 3 account , i have to pay crew once and for only 1100 crew, i have the nation with best pvp players...is there something can stop me ??

no

 

the only thing that can stop the zerg/spam is limit number of ship tier for each account.

1 1st rate for account, 70k frame wood 40k planking wood for crafting only 1 and we will stop in 3-4 PB the spam and the zerg of 1st rates ships + reduce HP of each ships so a 1st rates become a real threat that can kill every 5th rate with a single broadside so a noob but rich player can have more chances to survive a vet player attack in trinco or endymion...and population grow up cause new players have an end-game and the big ships will finally make sense in the game

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok lets do both our ideas then how does that sound???

 

Because the devs need to do something, else people are gonna keep leaving and the russian players seem happy about that and dont just keep on expanding into 50% all ports territory.

Edited by Chromey
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

BuT eVeRYonE liKeS 25 v 25 1sT RaTE bAtTles

As well

I don't think so, a PB should be not only 1st Rates. A Battle group for a BP should include 2nd, 3th and 4th rate as well, maybe 5th rate too.

So i think that most of the players here would agree with me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chromey said:

ok lets do both our ideas then how does that sound???

 

Because the devs need to do something, else people are gonna keep leaving and the russian players seem happy about that and dont just keep on expanding into 50% all ports territory.

that fear is already reality. players are leaving more and more and some clans are already dead and or nearly dead. the main issue here is the balance of the game. as long a clan can capture ports without raising the tax that you must pay for every port against the crown and or admirality we have for sure a problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

that fear is already reality. players are leaving more and more and some clans are already dead and or nearly dead. the main issue here is the balance of the game. as long a clan can capture ports without raising the tax that you must pay for every port against the crown and or admirality we have for sure a problem. 

Main issue is not the balance, but the variety of things players can do besides simply fighting for fun , loot and marks. And game isn't dying, it has stable numbers, but they a below level when player-driven system can be workable enough

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, admin said:

 

 


To summarize
Crafting can be improved - probably. Can it be done without research and iteration - No. Are current customers of crafting happy? Based on the forums - No. Is there risk in changing crafting - Yes huge risk. Did those customers bash us, expressed outrage and punish us for risky changes - yes. Based on this answers crafting should not be touched.

We do not believe in changes in crafting because community got tired of experiments. Will it be better if we cut out crafting completely? No. So let it be as is.. Crafting its not the best but its ok and it will be worse without it for those who like it as it is.

Don't know how you look upon it today, after a whole year passed, but the detailed ship crafting system we had was, in my humble opinion as shipwright, just great. I belonged to the part of community which felt sorry for shipbuilding to become "swift and easy". minus all those sub-parts which taught us about the complexity of ship design (somehow). And as you have read from posts, there existed whole networks in clans with specialized manufacturing of sub parts, which let them make money and collect crafting experiences alike in their niche. They felt like cog wheels in a larger machinery producing large ships for their clan, which could provide a feeling of being important to anyone involved, if even he just did the iron fittings. Or you could just find ready sub parts in shops and buy them. True, it took longer for the result but that also increased your anticipation and let me add, immersive it was as well.

When those times are remembered today in global chat, rare as it happens (because you need to be a veteran to remember it after more than a year, and have been into crafting back then), I see nostalgia ruling and get the impression I was not the only one who liked that "complicated" system better.

I don't know what the reason of game-labs was to abolish the ship crafting in full glory, probably because it was called a nuisance and "clickfest" by its critics who wanted to get quickly into combat. But they still could use their DLC ships or convert notes, while leaving the process of ship crafting to those who enjoy it as it gives a feeling of personal accomplishment especially with some kind of superior result (purple, golden). How great it was if we had this and could implement port boni notes we bought/produced in port/captured from elite NPC in any combination we see fit (idea about this is on the forum).

It is true, the main achievement of NA visible to potential customers is beautiful ships, their handling and combat performance, as you stressed. But how much better it is, when customers find out later there are more great things to discover, if even not advertised, like trade (I like it as it is now), port development (if they find ever access to one), and crafting ships. You can satisfy many more than just the ones who like combat and admire your ships and their behavior.

We can offer a home to all of them.

If we don't sacrifice them "alternative playstyle clients" as fodder to the PvP heroes. That was and is the main problem, on War Server.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin is the new building a brothel? :P

like admin says, we are btw way off topic, but once you've set up your shipyard, lumbermill, stone quarry and mine you have no boundaries for the 1st rates, all you need to do is to login for a few days, claim resources and build the ship,  its literally no gameplay to it

 

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

like admin says, we are btw way off topic, but once you've set up your shipyard, lumbermill, stone quarry and mine you have no boundaries for the 1st rates, all you need to do is to login for a few days, claim resources and build the ship,  its literally no gameplay to it

 

You forgot about the Dubloons and crafting permits required to build a 1st rate.. None of which just magically appear in your warehouse.

You have to work for those aswell, unless somebody will either sell or give them to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, admin said:

Not sure what you mean. 2 people can make first rates not fast but its not an impossible endeavour. Setting up is not easy, but once you set up shipyard and buildings you can build first rates. I would like to suggest you try building a Titan with 2 people in EvE before saying that building a first rate is hard.

this ^^

it s exactly my point trying to say why building a first rate or any other sol  is just to easy  (not to confuse with 7- to- 4 rate [they should be easy]  )

the rate of sinking ships in this game is phenomenal.

there is no fear in loosing a expensive ship ...because you can build it in one second (most of the great builders have the mats and items in stock)

it is also one of the reasons players see no goal in the longer term to build a power for  their own .

 

for comparison building a marauder and bigger ,in eve... starts with at least a month building time ... after assembled the items and materials, if you do it on your own.

or buy a ship... but you pay for that  very..dearly...(real dollars)

 

so if we compare the effort ( EVE vs NA)...Naval action is just a very very very easy game for everybody. even for captains just a month in the game and have the crew already and no skill.

 

i still believe the crafting business can be intensified.:  but on one condition...>   the access to the parts should not be that difficult .and doable... you just need to know where to get them .so access to the first rate is doable for everybody  (even best  upgrades).

the wars with SOL where a national effort and took time but in this game it is done by one player in a sec.((at some point [when the shipyard is in place]))

i am not saying we should make building a sol should be like EVE standards... but a little more effort for building a first rate should be not that easy for as it is now.

we need more challenge for building a first rate. (or any other  sol)

captains must feel the loss and at the moment its just a disposable piece of wood.

 

therefore i don like the capturing of AI sols in the first place.(it outbalanced the power at big nations as well >> to become even more powerful)

everything else is fine , but sols should be taken out of the capturing business it spoils the > market and goals and danger and excitement 

that s what can make NA different from WOT war thunder and WOWS. >> that s the niche ..and we should all guard over it. 

 

but it seems most captains want s to picking in the nose, and sail a sol at the same time >>> its weird. 

or even worse>>> watch you tube at the same time...(that s  NA unworthy and disgusting )

 

keep the game growing >> straight up the ladder to become a real captain.

 

ps. i am still a noob and not ready to sail  a santi , but let me get your trader first :))

it is a matter of persuasion for what the game needs.many just don t see it...

 

 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, erelkivtuadrater said:

that is true, but for a new player the usual thing is to rinse and repeat combat missions, i remember when i ranked up in GB, i got carried through ranks by @John Cavanaugh in his victory,  blasting through frigates etc :) but it didnt get repetitive by doing that because we were traveling different places aswell

New phone who dis

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

Main issue is not the balance, but the variety of things players can do besides simply fighting for fun , loot and marks. And game isn't dying, it has stable numbers, but they a below level when player-driven system can be workable enough

I've never said that the game is dying! but it is a fact that players leave the game.

And it is all about how you balance a game to make it fair and playable for all and not for a few. So I think that you don't get the point of the main issue here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ortac said:

You forgot about the Dubloons and crafting permits required to build a 1st rate.. None of which just magically appear in your warehouse.

You have to work for those aswell, unless somebody will either sell or give them to you.

You can simply trade those permits and doubloons to you by afk trading, when you have done the basics and set yourself up, lets say if you know what you're doing and not playing 24/7 you are realistically ready to just login, claim resources and afk trade in 2 weeks. So yeah the first 2 weeks you have to play the game, other then that there is nothing stopping you from crafting a lineship with minimal gametime

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

We need the Hevea brasiliensis the rubber tree, so with a new blueprint hood, we could craft condoms 🤣

or bounce ...balls :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

What the flying hello kitty.

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

What a hello kittying waste of time.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What the flying hello kitty.

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

What a hello kittying waste of time.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

Hopefully the ai can strike down some russian ports as well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, Thonys said:

this ^^

it s exactly my point trying to say why building a first rate or any other sol  is just to easy  (not to confuse with 7- to- 4 rate [they should be easy]  )

the rate of sinking ships in this game is phenomenal.

there is no fear in loosing a expensive ship ...because you can build it in one second (most of the great builders have the mats and items in stock)

it is also one of the reasons players see no goal in the longer term to build a power for  their own .

 

for comparison building a marauder and bigger ,in eve... starts with at least a month building time ... after assembled the items and materials, if you do it on your own.

or buy a ship... but you pay for that  very..dearly...(real dollars)

 

so if we compare the effort ( EVE vs NA)...Naval action is just a very very very easy game for everybody. even for captains just a month in the game and have the crew already and no skill.

 

i still believe the crafting business can be intensified.:  but on one condition...>   the access to the parts should not be that difficult .and doable... you just need to know where to get them .so access to the first rate is doable for everybody  (even best  upgrades).

the wars with SOL where a national effort and took time but in this game it is done by one player in a sec.((at some point [when the shipyard is in place]))

i am not saying we should make building a sol should be like EVE standards... but a little more effort for building a first rate should be not that easy for as it is now.

we need more challenge for building a first rate. (or any other  sol)

captains must feel the loss and at the moment its just a disposable piece of wood.

 

therefore i don like the capturing of AI sols in the first place.(it outbalanced the power at big nations as well >> to become even more powerful)

everything else is fine , but sols should be taken out of the capturing business it spoils the > market and goals and danger and excitement 

that s what can make NA different from WOT war thunder and WOWS. >> that s the niche ..and we should all guard over it. 

 

but it seems most captains want s to picking in the nose, and sail a sol at the same time >>> its weird. 

or even worse>>> watch you tube at the same time...(that s  NA unworthy and disgusting )

 

keep the game growing >> straight up the ladder to become a real captain.

 

ps. i am still a noob and not ready to sail  a santi , but let me get your trader first :))

it is a matter of persuasion for what the game needs.many just don t see it...

 

 

As a relatively new returner to the game, I say that allowing players to capture all ships  has been a great boon to me and probobly alot of players because it allows them to gain the experience and confidence needed to be able to get back into the fray.  I think the developers need to make a way to tax the top nations by either placing a higher burden on their crew recruitment costs or have a higher tax to their mother kingdom, or whatnot.( because even though having to trade seems like a menial task... especially when the traders are complaining of being ganked! If everybody needs to make money to pay for the crews then maybe people will be more apt to defend the trade lanes and help out more! Thus bringing a feel of a more connected community!)

But I definitely feel that anything that allow the players to get into the action more easily is always a plus for the game entirely and removing the option from the players would be a move in the wrong direction. I also like that crafting system has been made easier because in the past (a year or so ago) there were so many different steps to collecting variety of items that it made  jumping into ship building feel a little bit overwhelming.

Game  has come a long way from the start and I think it will make a great jumping point for NA 2!

Edited by Chromey
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What the flying hello kitty.

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

What a hello kittying waste of time.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

Just like starting a Hostility Mission before they're even available, this is a feature that works as intended. No need to complain, just get gud and out mechanic the mechanic. lul

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, van der Clam said:
2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What the flying hello kitty.

The port raid closed before we were able to join it as the battle closes within 10 minutes. You can't even see where the wind is coming from in the instance.

What a hello kittying waste of time.

That should be changed. You should be able to see where the AI are instantly upon joining rather than joining and then magically seeing where they appear.

As a consequence a lot of us have just lost our main crafting port because of a bullshit mechanic that wasn't properly explained and implemented, that no-one asked for, and which seems to have defeated the very reason for its introduction.

Just like starting a Hostility Mission before they're even available, this is a feature that works as intended. No need to complain, just get gud and out mechanic the mechanic. lul

What is so incredibly infuriating about this is not the mechanic itself but the fact that the ONLY way of finding out about it is by basically losing the battle.

There is NO OTHER form of battle instance that closes after the initial countdown runs out. Every single one allows joining for a longer time afterwards. And now for some reason those new NPC Raids immediately close. That completely breaks the pattern of how battle instances work.
The smart thing in a defensive PvP PB is to wait and see where the attackers join to then join in the most advantageous position relative to their spawn point. Naturally this is what we did in this Raid. Only to find out that once the enemy is visible inside the instance, the battle instantly closes. And you can only find that out this way. Because if you join within the timer you cannot see from inside that the battle closes on the countdown hitting 0.

It is basically letting the players run into a knife, without any chance of warning, for making tactically sound decisions. The result being that we now, through now fault of our own, need to grind up hundreds of CMs and a few hundred thousands of Doubloons if we want to get the port back to it's potential. You can all guess how that works out for keeping players in the game...

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...