Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Well NA 2017 might be a Homer Car, but imo it is way better then what we have now.

 

 

31 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

In several areas it was more forgiving, easy-going and balanced.

But if @admin hears the right voices, the issues could be fixed and the game experience improved.

 

 

Thats simply Not true. In my opinion NA greatly improved since 2017 and i think No Person with open mind can deny this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

Think reward should be a Lot more when raid is done in Timer-Window of the Port ...

 

a very good idea !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

RvR have become a 3 nation thing

 

which three nations? I know only one at the moment and that is the russian faction who has the power.

And I appreciate every new change (good or bad) in  this game. this means at the end that someone is still developing here.
BTW the biggest issue is the game balance which needs to be fixed. The port raids are our smallest issue atm. And I'm sure the Devs will adjust if needed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Ofc he can. I started playing in 2017. It was the best time for me in the game. this ofc is my opinion. I agree they put new things in, just think they way they implemented it, Well, didn’t improve the game.

So lets see:

Old damage model was magic, what we have now is good.

What you mean? You Miss thickness meta, or hate stern-raking? 

The old RoE was way better, than what we have now.

I dont like actual RoE too, allthough now im in a big Clan it gives me Advantages. But If 2 min time to Join was better?

In 2017 I could take a mission for that ship  rate I wanted, now I can’t unless my nation hold specific ports. If I wan’t to PvE witch Lots of ppl want, thats just bad. And all to give PvP playes more targets. Somehow PvE was more fun back then, but ofc it might be because I was new. Anyway I don’t rearly do PvE more. Had 1 the last week. An elite.

I agree thats a Problem you may be in a Nation without 1st rate missions. But to be true there are workarounds (free Citys, Open for all ports) that of course increase the risk of get jumped. In the other side you have now a Lot of more challenging PVE Content ... 3star Missions, Epic events, elites 

Port improvement, great idea, bad implemented. Port bonus on ships simply screw up the idea on fighting on equal terms. Do like you can invest to get all ressources. It could have been a great think, but ended up as , nah not really exciting.

Why bad implemented? With the recently rised points for smaller ports i think its good balanced. A 50 points port is now reachable for every nation and 50 points are Just a slight worse than 55. And over all its great that clans and nations have to Work together to develope ports.

Maybe you have the idea of fighting on equal terms, but that ship was sailed away in 2017 too because of different woods and Upgrades.

Only few ports make a profit, so for lots of players it is a grind to keep paying for the timer.

Sounds a bit flat, but i think they have their reasons why they hold the port. Personally i dont understand why there are so few neutral Ports ...

Trading got way worse than ever.

Worse or just less profitable? I agree that Trading missions made trade obsolet, but the have some advantages too (quick start in Game).

Like clan list for Pb’s. But thats it.

Frontline system. Oh boy is that bad. The most important port, is the one to be attacked first. Really makes sence(sarcasme).

Depends in Point of View. Dont know If Community would Like it more If the rvr-clans had to Steamroll small Ports/Clan before they get the real Fight ... think the idea was to give space for smaller Clans in the Shadow of the regional capital ... thats Not the badest ...

 

Game focusing on driving ppl in to one way to play. Focusing on giving to the top player and clans. Port bonus and Extreme cost of everything.

Extreme cost of everything? Blue ships are very cheap because people only want purple and golden. If you do 20% pve of your gametime you should have plenty of upgrades ... what you need more?

Magic Windbuff. Idea great as highways. But implemented so it is a time buff. Honnestly, thats just bad. 

I think its an improvement.

RvR have become a 3 nation thing

What 3 nations? All nations do rvr ...

But it is all a matter of opinion. But to say no open minded person can’t deny it, well think thats is less open minded.

 

No way mate. While i agree that Not everything is perfect you Just cant deny the improvements. You Not even mentioned UI, Patrol Zone, weekly and Personal missions, Tutorial, localisation ...

Edited by Earl of Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, van stiermarken said:

which three nations? I know only one at the moment and that is the russian faction who has the power.

And I appreciate every new change (good or bad) in  this game. this means at the end that someone is still developing here.
BTW the biggest issue is the game balance which needs to be fixed. The port raids are our smallest issue atm. And I'm sure the Devs will adjust if needed.

I start to think that we have a perfect balance atm. Few weeks ago some clanleaders organized a multiflip against russia. Russia lost 3 or 4 ports this evenings and showed clearly they cant defend against all Others. 

So why there were No other multiflips since then? Because the other nations dont want to have total war. 

Lets be honest: we have now what the majority of players want: relative safetyness for crafting Ports and the opportunity to do a portbattle whenever you want ...

Russia know also that they cant win against all Others nations, so they choose their rvr goals carefully to not force the others in an ally ...

So everything is fine atm ...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

I haven’t said they haven’t developed on the game. I just said the overall game hasen’t improved. Pros and cons all put together, imo the games is less fun now then in 2017.

its also reflected in the decline of playerbase, although i have to admit the recent days it has increased abit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

Think reward should be a Lot more when raid is done in Timer-Window of the Port ...

 

Excellent idea!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

think the majority of players agree with you here, when i started playing the game i remember it was stable 1100 players prime time, and still i didnt play at the times when there was 3k players prime time

I recommend you to use the search function. Even during 2017 you will find posts thats the game is dying because of implementations that are now ditched. To say game was better 2017 isnt true taking forum as indicator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the raids and the rewards are good for the moment.

If players don't like the missions, they will not use them. By now, there is nothing to improve. Wait a few weeks, then you might should change the rewards, to get new content. But as long as players use the missions, everything is fine.

With a little bit of experience, the missions can be done by 2 guys in "normal" fitted, 3-slots L'Oceans  or Santis even in the "hardest" possible AI-Fleet (1xL'Ocean, 2xBucc, 2x3rdRate). 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Knuddel said:

And thats the Point every one call us Zerg, but whenit comes to rals nujmbers we arent that strong. BF is a big clan and Reds is a big clan, but between the Playtimes of those both is a couple of hours. Thats what you dont see or want to see. We simply dont have enough Players for sutch Actions.

You and your Nation will be part of my daily night prayer, I will light a candle in the Riddarholmskyrkan.

Poor, poor russian Nation!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

I start to think that we have a perfect balance atm. Few weeks ago some clanleaders organized a multiflip against russia. Russia lost 3 or 4 ports this evenings and showed clearly they cant defend against all Others. 

So why there were No other multiflips since then? Because the other nations dont want to have total war. 

Lets be honest: we have now what the majority of players want: relative safetyness for crafting Ports and the opportunity to do a portbattle whenever you want ...

Russia know also that they cant win against all Others nations, so they choose their rvr goals carefully to not force the others in an ally ...

So everything is fine atm ...

 

with all the needed respect but this is ( i think) only your personal meaning? none of the other factions can withstand alone(!) against the Russian faction. this is a fact and cant be denied.

if we would have total war (all factions) against Russia then "YES" we would (maybe) win. But in the moment it is more important to fight against each other like SWE and DAN faction. 

and Russian faction dont select their PB carefully, they just want to have action for the clan members in the fear not to loose them and the fact that none of the other CLANs has the manpower (and ships).

So nothing is fine at the moment and yes we need some balance here in this game, but this is in the responsibility of the DEVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

its also reflected in the decline of playerbase, although i have to admit the recent days it has increased abit.

This is a myth. There are spikes and then there is stable base. Stable base have not changed since 2016. It has been at 500-600 concurrent online (6000 active daily users) for both servers for like 3 years now.

For some reasons you and many others attribute game success or failure to the simultaneous players online. We are not a free to play mmo, we do not have subscriptions, so we do not have to force you to play by artificial means or tie players to game by chains (like energy bars or rested xp).  We get 40 dollars once from the average player. We are not compensated for concurrent online, because we only charge you once. (thank you for buying DLC everyone who bought it - it helps funds servers and new content).

So when you talk about non-existent decline you scare off some players making it worse for you (lower online).   You are not really making it worse for NA because NA markets the best combat model and beautiful ships, and we do have the combat model and beautiful ships, and even haters say we have good combat model and beautiful ships and that's it. An average player tries beautiful ships, gets the christian and ocean and moves on. Why? Because all he hears on forum and game chat is that RVR sucks and Russia is ruining everything. He already heard it all on CNN. Why should he even try RVR? He buys the game because of beautiful ships - he does not care if RVR sucks. 

It is in your interest too that he stays (and maybe buys DLC to fund new content). For some reason you think its only our responsibility. It is in our common interest (yours and ours) to make players happy and feel they made the right choice. You want him to stay as well as we do. He bought the stable mature game, not a declining game or unfinished alpha. Make him know that. 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, admin said:

This is a myth. There are spikes and then there is stable base. Stable base have not changed since 2016. It has been at 500-600 concurrent online (6000 active daily users) for both servers. For some reasons many attribute game success or failure in the simultaneous players. We are not a free to play mmo, we do not have subscriptions so we do not have to force or tie players to game by chains. We are not compensated for concurrent online. 

 

yeah i checked i take it back, it seems like its the norm over all games that 0.1-1% players that owns the game keeps playing it, from the games i checked that was in the range of Naval Action that is, rust, pubg, dayz, eve etc

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

yeah i checked i take it back, it seems like its the norm over all games that 0.1-1% players that owns the game keeps playing it, from the games i checked that was in the range of Naval Action that is, rust, pubg, dayz, eve etc

If you want to get what you want (more people staying). You NOT ONLY should take it back but should start actively countering people who claim the game is dead or dying just like you countered me when you disagreed. 

Otherwise the cycle will continue. 
People interested in conflict and RVR will not buy the game or will not stay (reading the reviews forums or chats)
People interested in beautiful ships do not care about rvr, or forums or chat, in fact they feel safer in with dead PVP/RVR ;) 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, admin said:

If you want to get what you want (more people staying). You NOT ONLY should take it back but should start actively countering people who claim the game is dead or dying just like you countered me when you disagreed. 

Otherwise the cycle will continue. 
People interested in conflict and RVR will not buy the game or will not stay (reading the reviews forums or chats)
People interested in beautiful ships do not care about rvr, or forums or chat, in fact they feel safer in with dead PVP/RVR ;) 

 

but i have to say those games are mediocre games atm, with several games directly competing with them when naval action has no direct competitor in the Age of Sail genre other then PotBS, but fixing economy, making pirates piraty again would make it feel more immersive and hopefully keeping more players wanting to play the game and not have it to feel like a grind :)

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

 ...feel like a grind :)

Its only a grind when its played this way.

When pvp is the main goal

  • Sure a playe can unlock the ship slots before starting to pvp
  • Sure a player can grind to first rates before starting to pvp

But this player could take a privateerand sail out to pvp almost right away

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Its only a grind when its played this way.

When pvp is the main goal

  • Sure a playe can unlock the ship slots before starting to pvp
  • Sure a player can grind to first rates before starting to pvp

But this player could take a privateerand sail out to pvp almost right away

that is true, but for a new player the usual thing is to rinse and repeat combat missions, i remember when i ranked up in GB, i got carried through ranks by @John Cavanaugh in his victory,  blasting through frigates etc :) but it didnt get repetitive by doing that because we were traveling different places aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

Regarding your two last posts here

1. I fully agree that Naval Action has stable player base aroud 400-600 players at prime time. But we had around 1500 players for 2 months after release and players were quite busy  capturing ports, leveling up, developing infrastructure etc. And then they were done, online steadily fell back to usual numbers. Why?

2. The answer, I think, is that while Naval Action really has best combat model and beautiful most realistic ships, it's almost all it has and can offer to a new player. So most players have little interesting to do besides grinding and battling just for fun. And that's the problem

So I tend to agree with @erelkivtuadrater about

Quote

fixing economy, making pirates piraty again would make it feel more immersive

Then they will have more things they can do and more ways they can do them, so the staying power will increase. But now life for beginner is quite hard

And I (along with others) write all that suggestions, because we also want more people - 600 players (including alts) is not enough for fully players' driven world of such size unfortunately.

P.S. And RVR don't suck, but it is too limited just to Port Battles of mostly 1st rates

Quote

 He bought the stable mature game, not a declining game or unfinished alpha. Make him know that. 

Tend to disagree here a bit - game not declining and not alpha, but it is still unfinished in some parts. That's why many of us want some things get fixed or corrected and some new things implemented.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

(thank you for buying DLC everyone who bought it - it helps funds servers and new content).

You very welcome when the Leopard will come out? and is planned to have a dlc to have dolphins jumping around the ship ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, admin said:

If you want to get what you want (more people staying). You NOT ONLY should take it back but should start actively countering people who claim the game is dead or dying just like you countered me when you disagreed. 

Otherwise the cycle will continue. 
People interested in conflict and RVR will not buy the game or will not stay (reading the reviews forums or chats)
People interested in beautiful ships do not care about rvr, or forums or chat, in fact they feel safer in with dead PVP/RVR ;) 

 

Seems you are the one in charge around.

I have lost many clan members because they couldn´t play conquest. Recently, one member quit the game because, quoting him, "this game is all about combat, no place for traders and crafters here". 

Only one member of my clan was following a bit the forums, specially the national news forum. And I can make sure that what they made all left wasn´t reading a forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Capitan Salazar said:

Seems you are the one in charge around.

I have lost many clan members because they couldn´t play conquest. Recently, one member quit the game because, quoting him, "this game is all about combat, no place for traders and crafters here". 

Only one member of my clan was following a bit the forums, specially the national news forum. And I can make sure that what they made all left wasn´t reading a forum.

Well it happens. I lost a player that I have played with for years, because of forum. He lost somehow acces, and said screw it. Unistalled the game. So it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 9:43 PM, Malcolm3 said:

 

Tend to disagree here a bit - game not declining and not alpha, but it is still unfinished in some parts. That's why many of us want some things get fixed or corrected and some new things implemented.

 

12 hours ago, Capitan Salazar said:

Seems you are the one in charge around.

I have lost many clan members because they couldn´t play conquest. Recently, one member quit the game because, quoting him, "this game is all about combat, no place for traders and crafters here"

You should look at it this way. We always (from the start of early prototyping in 2014) stated that the game will have basic crafting and basic trading. It is in game. Its the best we can do..

  • We always say we have the best looking ships and best age of sail combats with leeway and yards. 
  • We NEVER said we have the best crafting. We have basic crafting and basic trading just barely enough to support the feature described above. Take a good from a deliver to point b - that's it. Gather resources - click a button - that's it. We never advertised the game as a crafting game. There was no a single ad for naval action which mentioned crafting. Trailer has no workers hitting hammers, or gathering tobacco. Texts say you can build ships and thats it.

This is literally what is said about trading and crafting.

Trading and privateering – Buy trading goods at low prices, haul them to distant places for high profits. Board ships and sell them and their cargo at nearby ports. Use shallow waters at your advantage to escape from larger ships. Shipbuilding and manufacturing - Build ships, upgrades and cannons, supply your clans or your nation or set up shops in free towns to sell to your enemies.

We have 15 detailed paragraphs on combat and 2 sentences on trading and crafting. Better crafting is not there, was not there, was not advertised anywhere. 
This is all we have

  • Buy goods at low prices and haul them to distant places = check
  • Board ships and sell cargo = check
  • Build ships = check
  • Supply your clans or your nations with... (repairs, ships, cannons) = check

Crafting was proposed by players in 2015 and added because players requested it (in original pre-launch version you were a naval officer or a pirate, you could only capture ships from others or buy them from the government). When basic buildings and crafting was added players were happy with at least some crafting because previously they had nothing. 

Given the facts stated above - we have basic crafting and advertised basic crafting - why people are unhappy with it??

You can accept it as it is. Or ask for removal. We are focused on new player retention and NPC aggression. Crafting is not on the priority list and will remain as is, with only minor changes. We can remove it if it is annoying everyone. Hope this brings it into proper perspective. We can keep it as is - or cut it. 

I am 100x more interested in fixing battle sails, adding wind shadow, adding non-binary rudder, adding hull leeway, rig entanglement in close counters, wind strength and variety, barometer - to predict wind change and direction ... you get the idea what i am good at, best age of sail combat and best looking ships.

I am also wondering how i can make this combat trading refit into the game without ruining FPS. 
csgFHaV.jpg

Why should I think about crafting? Can someone popularly explain as I am five? From all i read it sucks, trading sucks and if i was a medical doctor i would just amputate and removed the aching leg to stop the gangrene of bad opinions from spreading. No crafting = no problem of bad reviews.

To summarize
Crafting can be improved - probably. Can it be done without research and iteration - No. Are current customers of crafting happy? Based on the forums - No. Is there risk in changing crafting - Yes huge risk. Did those customers bash us, expressed outrage and punish us for risky changes - yes. Based on this answers crafting should not be touched.

We do not believe in changes in crafting because community got tired of experiments. Will it be better if we cut out crafting completely? No. So let it be as is.. Crafting its not the best but its ok and it will be worse without it for those who like it as it is.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, admin said:

We can keep it as is - or cut it.

Imo it might aswell be better to remove it since all we have are frankenships, better of with oak oak ships and not having 5th rate with over 80 hull thickness

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, admin said:

This is literally what is said about trading and crafting.

Trading and privateering – Buy trading goods at low prices, haul them to distant places for high profits. Board ships and sell them and their cargo at nearby ports. Use shallow waters at your advantage to escape from larger ships. Shipbuilding and manufacturing - Build ships, upgrades and cannons, supply your clans or your nation or set up shops in free towns to sell to your enemies.

We have 15 detailed paragraphs on combat and 2 sentences on trading and crafting. Better crafting is not there, was not there, was not advertised anywhere. 
This is all we have

  • Buy goods at low prices and haul them to distant places = check
  • Board ships and sell cargo = check
  • Build ships = check
  • Supply your clans or your nations with... (repairs, ships, cannons) = check

Crafting was proposed by players in 2015 and added because players requested it (in original pre-launch version you were a naval officer or a pirate, you could only capture ships from others or buy them from the government). When basic buildings and crafting was added players were happy with at least some crafting because previously they had nothing. 

You can accept it as it is. Or ask for removal. We are focused on new player retention and NPC aggression. Crafting is not on the priority list and will remain as is, with only minor changes. We can remove it if it is annoying everyone. Hope this brings it into proper perspective. We can keep it as is - or cut it. 

Thanks for your efforts. I buy all the DLC to support what you do, plus I wrote a nice review. i want the game to continue to grow.

Crafting is secondary and I get that. That's fine IMO.

Combat is good and the stuff your adding is great.

Aggressive AI would great,  it annoys me that i sail through first rates......and big fleets and they do nothing they should tag the day dreamers.....BUT maybe drop Loki if you do this ?

Please continue adding more trading options to the game if you can. This brings in a lot of non hard core players and adds more ships to the OW.

AND by the way most people actually in game, don't agree with most of the loudest shouters on this forum so keep doing your thing. 

Good Job Devs. 👍

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...