Game-Labs Forum

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

8 hours ago, van Veen said:

Is it possible to overload a warship in battle instance? I mean, how do you carry away the RAID CHEST which is 3800 weight if you are not in battle with an Indiaman?

If you can't overload your ship in battle instance, it basically means you have to capture the NPC Indiaman in the raid. 

Yes. You can bring your own indiaman or you can capture one in the instance, repair it and use it yourself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

Victory marks are very much attainable even for solo players, as due to them having no use once a port is fully developed, their sell very cheaply ;)

Yes. Very cheaply. Just like with the previous poster your perceived value is irrelevant to the average player.
+ know ports will be lost as Raiders wont let nations sit on their asses any more and marks will go up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes. You can bring your own indiaman or you can capture one in the instance, repair it and use it yourself. 

How do you get the chest into your Indiaman into the instance as fleet ships are not allowed to enter. You cannot bring the captured one out as you do not have the 2 fleet ship perk and you cannot overload your warship and then transfer it over when you leave the instance as the game will not allow you overload your ship.

2 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Vm, don’t  think they hold to much value, most of us get them from ports we hold.

Cm, you really don’t think 6 guys can make More cm in 1-2 hour. I would say they atleast should make around 6*12 depending one what PZ is up. 
To me the real value is the dubs.

Look. There are multiple activities in Naval Action and if someone is efficiently creating something of value for himself. He should continue doing so and do not try to make ALL activities suit him. We wont do that. Not all activities are for you. Some like parcel services. Clans who do not have ports will enjoy raiding ports.
Thanks

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, admin said:

Those who can make more combat marks in a couple of hours should continue what they are doing. ...

This sounds like repetitive and boring activity (Guess these are people rating NA as grind game) . I can say it was fun to map the gusts. Had 2 battles while scouting them out. The thrill on the way to the port and afterwards with the chest was real and whole grp was happy as we brought the chest home. Just the payday was a bit spoiling the fun. But overall i rate it as a very nice gaming evening.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Archaos said:

you do not have the 2 fleet ship perk

This is definitely not the game's fault. You just posted about it, which means you know it and will respec if you want 2 indiamans in your fleet. Or you can just exit with a captured ship

(you might want a second indiaman for faking - more chances to escape with chest especially in solo attach - 2 indiamans one chest - harder choice.). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Sad to see that mindset.

Game should encourage diversity on activities (same as in ships btw).

Havent you wonder why so many people dont trade anymore? Perhaps it is due there are other activities with a better ratio of profit-time invested.

You just said to @Wraith you are not playing. If you have game uninstalled you cannot really provide relevant feedback. We prefer to improve the game for those who play and make them like it more. We cant help those who hate it.  We no longer listen to EVERYONE as it led to Homer's car in the past. NA 2017 was a homer's car. But we learnt.

+ We know people are trading and making huge profits. Taxes on some ports can show it to you. But you prefer to say that nobody is trading. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Thats not what I said either. I just pointen out that the amount of CM would easy be done better in the PZ. Sounded to me that you didn’t think 6 ppl could do easily.

In general I think the reward is just fine in the raids. Neither do I claim we should narrow the game. The more posibilities the better. I do though feel like ppl liking trading is left with basicly nothing, unless they want to do long boring trading. As I also feel this game favors clans and the top. But guess that is another topic. 

we will of course review rewards and improve them to make raids an interesting daily quest. High win rate pvp will of course be more profitable, but you do not have access to it all the time.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, admin said:

This is definitely not the game's fault. You just posted about it, which means you know it and will respec if you want 2 indiamans in your fleet. Or you can just exit with a captured ship

(you might want a second indiaman for faking - more chances to escape with chest especially in solo attach - 2 indiamans one chest - harder choice.). 

Your response to someones question was that they could bring an Indiaman and my response that the game mechanics of the raid does not allow your fleet ship enter the instance which make it pointless to bring your own Indiaman unless as you say you wish to have a diversion (which will not work as the Indiaman in the instance is demasted so unless you use a lot of repairs it will still have some obvious damage). The whole point was about the weight of the chest and the messing around you have to do to get it out, but instead of accepting that the mechanics could be better you prefer to bring up useless arguments to try and justify it.

• Like 1

We have raided few ports, and the loot was not worth the effort. So I am considering to do the raid by 3-4 ships only, but people are eager for these kind of activities.

I think the difficulty of the raid can be increased a little bit, but the loot should increased like %30 to %50 percent.

On the top ports, may be when raid is successful, a message shows for the nation whose port was raided ! Like  "Vera Cruz has been raided by British"

btw @admin I like what you guys are doing with NPC, they seem to be much better nowadays.

note: it takes to kill 2 stupid npc traders in patrol zone, to collect 6 combat medals. So I really think raid should give more combat medals.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Well NA 2017 might be a Homer Car, but imo it is way better then what we have now.

31 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

In several areas it was more forgiving, easy-going and balanced.

But if @admin hears the right voices, the issues could be fixed and the game experience improved.

Thats simply Not true. In my opinion NA greatly improved since 2017 and i think No Person with open mind can deny this.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

RvR have become a 3 nation thing

which three nations? I know only one at the moment and that is the russian faction who has the power.

And I appreciate every new change (good or bad) in  this game. this means at the end that someone is still developing here.
BTW the biggest issue is the game balance which needs to be fixed. The port raids are our smallest issue atm. And I'm sure the Devs will adjust if needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Ofc he can. I started playing in 2017. It was the best time for me in the game. this ofc is my opinion. I agree they put new things in, just think they way they implemented it, Well, didn’t improve the game.

So lets see:

Old damage model was magic, what we have now is good.

What you mean? You Miss thickness meta, or hate stern-raking? 

The old RoE was way better, than what we have now.

I dont like actual RoE too, allthough now im in a big Clan it gives me Advantages. But If 2 min time to Join was better?

In 2017 I could take a mission for that ship  rate I wanted, now I can’t unless my nation hold specific ports. If I wan’t to PvE witch Lots of ppl want, thats just bad. And all to give PvP playes more targets. Somehow PvE was more fun back then, but ofc it might be because I was new. Anyway I don’t rearly do PvE more. Had 1 the last week. An elite.

I agree thats a Problem you may be in a Nation without 1st rate missions. But to be true there are workarounds (free Citys, Open for all ports) that of course increase the risk of get jumped. In the other side you have now a Lot of more challenging PVE Content ... 3star Missions, Epic events, elites 

Port improvement, great idea, bad implemented. Port bonus on ships simply screw up the idea on fighting on equal terms. Do like you can invest to get all ressources. It could have been a great think, but ended up as , nah not really exciting.

Why bad implemented? With the recently rised points for smaller ports i think its good balanced. A 50 points port is now reachable for every nation and 50 points are Just a slight worse than 55. And over all its great that clans and nations have to Work together to develope ports.

Maybe you have the idea of fighting on equal terms, but that ship was sailed away in 2017 too because of different woods and Upgrades.

Only few ports make a profit, so for lots of players it is a grind to keep paying for the timer.

Sounds a bit flat, but i think they have their reasons why they hold the port. Personally i dont understand why there are so few neutral Ports ...

Trading got way worse than ever.

Worse or just less profitable? I agree that Trading missions made trade obsolet, but the have some advantages too (quick start in Game).

Like clan list for Pb’s. But thats it.

Frontline system. Oh boy is that bad. The most important port, is the one to be attacked first. Really makes sence(sarcasme).

Depends in Point of View. Dont know If Community would Like it more If the rvr-clans had to Steamroll small Ports/Clan before they get the real Fight ... think the idea was to give space for smaller Clans in the Shadow of the regional capital ... thats Not the badest ...

Game focusing on driving ppl in to one way to play. Focusing on giving to the top player and clans. Port bonus and Extreme cost of everything.

Extreme cost of everything? Blue ships are very cheap because people only want purple and golden. If you do 20% pve of your gametime you should have plenty of upgrades ... what you need more?

Magic Windbuff. Idea great as highways. But implemented so it is a time buff. Honnestly, thats just bad. 

I think its an improvement.

RvR have become a 3 nation thing

What 3 nations? All nations do rvr ...

But it is all a matter of opinion. But to say no open minded person can’t deny it, well think thats is less open minded.

No way mate. While i agree that Not everything is perfect you Just cant deny the improvements. You Not even mentioned UI, Patrol Zone, weekly and Personal missions, Tutorial, localisation ...

Edited by Earl of Grey

1 hour ago, van stiermarken said:

which three nations? I know only one at the moment and that is the russian faction who has the power.

And I appreciate every new change (good or bad) in  this game. this means at the end that someone is still developing here.
BTW the biggest issue is the game balance which needs to be fixed. The port raids are our smallest issue atm. And I'm sure the Devs will adjust if needed.

I start to think that we have a perfect balance atm. Few weeks ago some clanleaders organized a multiflip against russia. Russia lost 3 or 4 ports this evenings and showed clearly they cant defend against all Others. 

So why there were No other multiflips since then? Because the other nations dont want to have total war. 

Lets be honest: we have now what the majority of players want: relative safetyness for crafting Ports and the opportunity to do a portbattle whenever you want ...

Russia know also that they cant win against all Others nations, so they choose their rvr goals carefully to not force the others in an ally ...

So everything is fine atm ...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

I haven’t said they haven’t developed on the game. I just said the overall game hasen’t improved. Pros and cons all put together, imo the games is less fun now then in 2017.

its also reflected in the decline of playerbase, although i have to admit the recent days it has increased abit.

1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

think the majority of players agree with you here, when i started playing the game i remember it was stable 1100 players prime time, and still i didnt play at the times when there was 3k players prime time

I recommend you to use the search function. Even during 2017 you will find posts thats the game is dying because of implementations that are now ditched. To say game was better 2017 isnt true taking forum as indicator.

Think the raids and the rewards are good for the moment.

If players don't like the missions, they will not use them. By now, there is nothing to improve. Wait a few weeks, then you might should change the rewards, to get new content. But as long as players use the missions, everything is fine.

With a little bit of experience, the missions can be done by 2 guys in "normal" fitted, 3-slots L'Oceans  or Santis even in the "hardest" possible AI-Fleet (1xL'Ocean, 2xBucc, 2x3rdRate). 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Knuddel said:

And thats the Point every one call us Zerg, but whenit comes to rals nujmbers we arent that strong. BF is a big clan and Reds is a big clan, but between the Playtimes of those both is a couple of hours. Thats what you dont see or want to see. We simply dont have enough Players for sutch Actions.

You and your Nation will be part of my daily night prayer, I will light a candle in the Riddarholmskyrkan.

Poor, poor russian Nation!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

I start to think that we have a perfect balance atm. Few weeks ago some clanleaders organized a multiflip against russia. Russia lost 3 or 4 ports this evenings and showed clearly they cant defend against all Others. 

So why there were No other multiflips since then? Because the other nations dont want to have total war. 

Lets be honest: we have now what the majority of players want: relative safetyness for crafting Ports and the opportunity to do a portbattle whenever you want ...

Russia know also that they cant win against all Others nations, so they choose their rvr goals carefully to not force the others in an ally ...

So everything is fine atm ...

with all the needed respect but this is ( i think) only your personal meaning? none of the other factions can withstand alone(!) against the Russian faction. this is a fact and cant be denied.

if we would have total war (all factions) against Russia then "YES" we would (maybe) win. But in the moment it is more important to fight against each other like SWE and DAN faction. 

and Russian faction dont select their PB carefully, they just want to have action for the clan members in the fear not to loose them and the fact that none of the other CLANs has the manpower (and ships).

So nothing is fine at the moment and yes we need some balance here in this game, but this is in the responsibility of the DEVs.

9 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

its also reflected in the decline of playerbase, although i have to admit the recent days it has increased abit.

This is a myth. There are spikes and then there is stable base. Stable base have not changed since 2016. It has been at 500-600 concurrent online (6000 active daily users) for both servers for like 3 years now.

For some reasons you and many others attribute game success or failure to the simultaneous players online. We are not a free to play mmo, we do not have subscriptions, so we do not have to force you to play by artificial means or tie players to game by chains (like energy bars or rested xp).  We get 40 dollars once from the average player. We are not compensated for concurrent online, because we only charge you once. (thank you for buying DLC everyone who bought it - it helps funds servers and new content).

So when you talk about non-existent decline you scare off some players making it worse for you (lower online).   You are not really making it worse for NA because NA markets the best combat model and beautiful ships, and we do have the combat model and beautiful ships, and even haters say we have good combat model and beautiful ships and that's it. An average player tries beautiful ships, gets the christian and ocean and moves on. Why? Because all he hears on forum and game chat is that RVR sucks and Russia is ruining everything. He already heard it all on CNN. Why should he even try RVR? He buys the game because of beautiful ships - he does not care if RVR sucks. 

It is in your interest too that he stays (and maybe buys DLC to fund new content). For some reason you think its only our responsibility. It is in our common interest (yours and ours) to make players happy and feel they made the right choice. You want him to stay as well as we do. He bought the stable mature game, not a declining game or unfinished alpha. Make him know that. 

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, admin said:

This is a myth. There are spikes and then there is stable base. Stable base have not changed since 2016. It has been at 500-600 concurrent online (6000 active daily users) for both servers. For some reasons many attribute game success or failure in the simultaneous players. We are not a free to play mmo, we do not have subscriptions so we do not have to force or tie players to game by chains. We are not compensated for concurrent online. 

yeah i checked i take it back, it seems like its the norm over all games that 0.1-1% players that owns the game keeps playing it, from the games i checked that was in the range of Naval Action that is, rust, pubg, dayz, eve etc

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

yeah i checked i take it back, it seems like its the norm over all games that 0.1-1% players that owns the game keeps playing it, from the games i checked that was in the range of Naval Action that is, rust, pubg, dayz, eve etc

If you want to get what you want (more people staying). You NOT ONLY should take it back but should start actively countering people who claim the game is dead or dying just like you countered me when you disagreed. 

Otherwise the cycle will continue. 
People interested in conflict and RVR will not buy the game or will not stay (reading the reviews forums or chats)
People interested in beautiful ships do not care about rvr, or forums or chat, in fact they feel safer in with dead PVP/RVR ;) 

• Like 4