Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Why?

Any port captured by the AI should be reduced to zero investment as a punishment to the PvE nation that apparently can't PvE...

 

2 hours ago, Koveras said:

This is not national news. Please refrain from debasing your fellow captain.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Liq said:

 

 

I apologize if I may have offended any PvE nations and will henceforth leave my forum PvP'ing for the national news section!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NPCs in raids are now faster...

In Nassau we had no chance to even intercept the LGVs coming from the north before they reached the circle. The NPC renos were faster now than before to reach the circle. From the exact same spawn as in the test raids we could not reach them in time before they all reached the circle.

I think this mechanic needs some testing - or better yet - scrapping.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

Suck it up buttercup

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the PvP server, NPC PB should be disabled imo. The NPC PB feature is broken, they are not fighting they just sail to enter circles with OP speed. It is not fun, it is not really that rewarding, just a waist of time that result in us losing a port with a lot of investments = massive cost to rebuild.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

On the PvP server, NPC PB should be disabled imo. The NPC PB feature is broken, they are not fighting they just sail to enter circles with OP speed. It is not fun, it is not really that rewarding, just a waist of time that result in us losing a port with a lot of investments = massive cost to rebuild.

Rebuild = Content ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Liq 

That comment clearly didn't age well. 

I was surprised about Saint John, but figured: It's a hard port layout, and swedes are not used to NPC raids. But after Nassau I inquired with Brits and even in Truxillo AI reached almost 800 points. Previously in our NPC raids if it wasn't bugged (Nassau) or we made some mistake, NPCs would not get any points. 

Now both the speed and pathfinding of NPC raiders have changed so that they are impossible to catch up to, impossible to intercept, impossible to block, and impossible to push out of their route. In Saint John and Truxillo there were clearly the same issues causing the difficulties as for us in Nassau. And since in Nassau the possible spawns are so far apart it makes it even more impossible than ports where all the NPC spawns are relatively closely grouped.

There's no lack of knowledge on our part. We knew that NPCs get points not just from reaching the circle, but from being in it. We knew that it's not enough to sink the traders (even though it has been officially stated that it is enough), but there was just no way of winning the PB.

There's no point in bothering with the NPC PBs if they're a default loss.

 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I do wonder if REDS will quit Russian nation after this loss and the national balance will improve thanks to this mechanic.

 

 

(Was an irony, btw)

Bring back diplomacy tools, that is the way.

Go and make pve.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

@Liq 

That comment clearly didn't age well. 

I was surprised about Saint John, but figured: It's a hard port layout, and swedes are not used to NPC raids. But after Nassau I inquired with Brits and even in Truxillo AI reached almost 800 points. Previously in our NPC raids if it wasn't bugged (Nassau) or we made some mistake, NPCs would not get any points. 

Now both the speed and pathfinding of NPC raiders have changed so that they are impossible to catch up to, impossible to intercept, impossible to block, and impossible to push out of their route. In Saint John and Truxillo there were clearly the same issues causing the difficulties as for us in Nassau. And since in Nassau the possible spawns are so far apart it makes it even more impossible than ports where all the NPC spawns are relatively closely grouped.

There's no lack of knowledge on our part. We knew that NPCs get points not just from reaching the circle, but from being in it. We knew that it's not enough to sink the traders (even though it has been officially stated that it is enough), but there was just no way of winning the PB.

There's no point in bothering with the NPC PBs if they're a default loss.

 

Sounds very frustrating, especially when mods and tweaks are implemented without patch notes.

Is there a video of this raid? What ships were you defending with? Were the NPC LGV's faster than a speed built Renomee for example?

 

Buster 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Part and parcel of being a big nation.

Admin please don't remove, it gives smaller clans the chance to get the big ports.

And just like that, everyone was off, following in Gregory's  lead in an effort to collapse our nations so maybe the big mean AI would pick on someone else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these weren’t in the game I doubt anyone would mourn there loss.Does anyone actually enjoy participating in them? If so, why? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tac said:

If these weren’t in the game I doubt anyone would mourn there loss.Does anyone actually enjoy participating in them? If so, why? 

Think from the start very few wanted them on War server. I see a purpos on Peace server. Still think they have no place on War server.

Sadly I think admin will claim they where a succes. Made content at San Juan(Where Sweden was tried screened out), and now where ppl actually lose to NPC pb’s. Well they will proberbly claim they do serve there purpos, witch to my understanding was for a small nation to fight the Big.

If We(danes) in the future use this and we only manage to pull a few in, Sweden will have a though time winning those pb’s. Cost them to lose development in those ports.  
But overall I don’t think PvE should have that effect on War server, as I all so fear the concequence when they implement navy bases and all over OW agrassive AI’s.

Edited by Bryan Von Gyldenloeve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To my understanding the raids were ment to keep big nations busy with defending their main ports, while other nations can attack another port at the same time. 

Ok, I understand that, and it somehow works, since nearly 25 players were needed to defend and cannot participate in other battles. 

Still, yesterday, the ai fleet was very fast, difficult to intercept before reaching the circle. Even then you have to be careful, when you try to push them out, that you don't get boarded.

Slightly less speed of ai would be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The Dutch suffered a few losses originally and then we stopped sailing tanky ships.

Git gud.

prussia got gud as you requested. 

 

you know the NPC raids are illogical and do nothing to help anybody do anything while they are in progress. Just another player aggravation.  So try not to make snarky comments about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The Dutch suffered a few losses originally and then we stopped sailing tanky ships.

Git gud.

I think you are missing the picture Greg. 

We all hate the AI Port Battles, but at the moment have to live with it. 

This was the 5th AI Port Battle at Nassau I believe. The time before this the AI fleet spawned in the wrong location and saw 7-10 ships have to fight 2/3rd of the AI and the port was only won because the other 1/3rd of it grounded themselves, and was confirmed to be bugged. 

We were told the bug was fixed, but we haven't seen any patch notes and by all accounts they were far faster than the previous 4 times we have defended Nassau. 

This wasn't our first rodeo, and considering Russia and Sweden lost their AI Port Battles and the Brits almost lost theirs with the AI getting over 800 points on the same day, one has to ask that when the Nassau bug got hotfixed that something else wasn't done. 

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

prussia got gud as you requested. 

you know the NPC raids are illogical and do nothing to help anybody do anything while they are in progress. Just another player aggravation.  So try not to make snarky comments about it 

They didn't git gud, they just picked a useless target :P

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

They didn't git gud, they just picked a useless target :P

Nooooo you cannot demean yourself in order to deflect. VP is great and worthy. Easily 2nd strongest nation on the server :))

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I do wonder if REDS will quit Russian nation after this loss and the national balance will improve thanks to this mechanic.

(Was an irony, btw)

Bring back diplomacy tools, that is the way.

You want us to follow you over to the Swedish nation? 😘

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do love to live the life on the edge Graffi. Ban hammer might once more be in use soon.

But all said from start NPC Pb had nothing to do on War server. Guess somebody was upset, that enough players didn’t use the option to attack the nation that had an NPC. So they needed to make the NPC better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Please nerv the ai. How you should catch these speed boats??? With fir Fir??? That total bullshit!

Yeah please, one PB with fir fir ships :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...