Game-Labs Forum

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

And please rework the layout of the raids. I'm talking about the point circles. Some are even outside the joining circle, or on the edge of it. By the given wind conditions, this makes it impossible to intercept the raiders before they entering the point circles.

I would like to remind you that it is no fun to lose a port due to the different layouts and therefore to lose the effort of weeks or months.

here one example, one of the extremes, but there are other too

Mitara.thumb.jpg.dd312d586b1adc0bc5d75d36f1a5ac20.jpg

in this example is not only point C problematic (it's only more obvious here), also point A will it be. And many ports have similarly located point circles like this.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 4:56 AM, admin said:

Don't linefight just get into carronade range and destroy the transports. 

• If you miss ALL the combat ships - (all combat ships enter capture zones) its just 270 points. 
  • If you miss just 1 trader transport - its already 325 points

we sank all 6 indiamans and some 1st rates before they entered the circle. Yet they still won within 10 min (after they reached the circles) by 1st rates entering circles.

Because they also generate 1 point per ship in a circle every 2 seconds. That snowballs quickly.

10x 1st rate entering circle = 150 points - not much

BUT

Generating 10 points every 2 seconds. 300 points per minute.

850 points / 300 points per minute = 2 min 50 sec til battle is lost (upon them reaching the circle)

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

As they say in Dothraki, It is known.  At least your battle wasn't bugged.  We managed to win with 900ish points on the board.

Suck it up buttercup

You were also lucky you had that MVP beach helping you out honeyturd 😘

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

My guess is that admin will say it works as intended. Big nations get those battles, and he want them to be though, so the big nations  can’t just take them to easy.

The issue is that the difficulty of those raids varies HEAVILY from port to port. For some ports the circles are beyond the defender's join zone. So no way you can prevent all ships from entering the circle.

Saint Johns was not as bad, just a mix of everything - plus us thinking if we get to sink all the indiamans we're fine - clearly we were not - see the points calculation above

Edited by Liq
  • Like 3

I think with the changes to hostility the AI raids are no longer having one of the desired effects. As I understood it one of the reasons for the AI raids were introduced was to help smaller nations to take ports from bigger nations. If the big nation lost the port the small nation had a chance to swoop in and get the port from the AI. But with the new hostility this is seldom possible because the ports that are attacked are usually away from the front line. Sweden lost Saint John's but only Sweden are in a position to raise hostility on the port, so the AI raid becomes nothing more than a slight setback.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Elric said:

Any ports being captured by AI should be turned over to the lowest ranking nation rather than becoming neutral

Why?

Any port captured by the AI should be reduced to zero investment as a punishment to the PvE nation that apparently can't PvE...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Why?

Any port captured by the AI should be reduced to zero investment as a punishment to the PvE nation that apparently can't PvE...

2 hours ago, Koveras said:

This is not national news. Please refrain from debasing your fellow captain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

NPCs in raids are now faster...

In Nassau we had no chance to even intercept the LGVs coming from the north before they reached the circle. The NPC renos were faster now than before to reach the circle. From the exact same spawn as in the test raids we could not reach them in time before they all reached the circle.

I think this mechanic needs some testing - or better yet - scrapping.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

On the PvP server, NPC PB should be disabled imo. The NPC PB feature is broken, they are not fighting they just sail to enter circles with OP speed. It is not fun, it is not really that rewarding, just a waist of time that result in us losing a port with a lot of investments = massive cost to rebuild.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

On the PvP server, NPC PB should be disabled imo. The NPC PB feature is broken, they are not fighting they just sail to enter circles with OP speed. It is not fun, it is not really that rewarding, just a waist of time that result in us losing a port with a lot of investments = massive cost to rebuild.

Rebuild = Content ;) 

• Like 1

@Liq 

That comment clearly didn't age well. 

I was surprised about Saint John, but figured: It's a hard port layout, and swedes are not used to NPC raids. But after Nassau I inquired with Brits and even in Truxillo AI reached almost 800 points. Previously in our NPC raids if it wasn't bugged (Nassau) or we made some mistake, NPCs would not get any points. 

Now both the speed and pathfinding of NPC raiders have changed so that they are impossible to catch up to, impossible to intercept, impossible to block, and impossible to push out of their route. In Saint John and Truxillo there were clearly the same issues causing the difficulties as for us in Nassau. And since in Nassau the possible spawns are so far apart it makes it even more impossible than ports where all the NPC spawns are relatively closely grouped.

There's no lack of knowledge on our part. We knew that NPCs get points not just from reaching the circle, but from being in it. We knew that it's not enough to sink the traders (even though it has been officially stated that it is enough), but there was just no way of winning the PB.

There's no point in bothering with the NPC PBs if they're a default loss.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I do wonder if REDS will quit Russian nation after this loss and the national balance will improve thanks to this mechanic.

(Was an irony, btw)

Bring back diplomacy tools, that is the way.

Go and make pve.  

9 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

@Liq 

That comment clearly didn't age well. 

I was surprised about Saint John, but figured: It's a hard port layout, and swedes are not used to NPC raids. But after Nassau I inquired with Brits and even in Truxillo AI reached almost 800 points. Previously in our NPC raids if it wasn't bugged (Nassau) or we made some mistake, NPCs would not get any points. 

Now both the speed and pathfinding of NPC raiders have changed so that they are impossible to catch up to, impossible to intercept, impossible to block, and impossible to push out of their route. In Saint John and Truxillo there were clearly the same issues causing the difficulties as for us in Nassau. And since in Nassau the possible spawns are so far apart it makes it even more impossible than ports where all the NPC spawns are relatively closely grouped.

There's no lack of knowledge on our part. We knew that NPCs get points not just from reaching the circle, but from being in it. We knew that it's not enough to sink the traders (even though it has been officially stated that it is enough), but there was just no way of winning the PB.

There's no point in bothering with the NPC PBs if they're a default loss.

Sounds very frustrating, especially when mods and tweaks are implemented without patch notes.

Is there a video of this raid? What ships were you defending with? Were the NPC LGV's faster than a speed built Renomee for example?

Buster 

• Like 1