Game-Labs Forum

SAFETY OFF - Raiders Start Attacking Ports

Captains

Safety is off and losing port battles to NPC Raiders will lose ports (ports will turn neutral and all investments will drop 1 level).

• Raiders attack rich ports based on a combinations of factors including investments and tax rate. Which means the attacked port can have zero investments but very high tax rate.
  • If Raider attack fails they will ignore the port for at least 2 weeks. 
  • Attacks always happen on saturday and sunday. 
    • War Server
      • Raiders will attack 3 of the 10 richest ports 
      • If raiders win port will turn neutral with the random timer
    • Peace Server
      • Raiders will attack 9 ports richest random ports over weekend (one per region) (Saturday and Sunday) to provide every region access to at least one defensive port battle.
      • If raiders win - Port will turn neutral with the random timer
      • As you can enter any port and craft there the only negative is the loss of the 1 lvl of investment and loss of taxation privileges. 
      • Small clans should try to add friendly clans to the friend list to defend the port together

Raiders sailing military ships will drop a raid chest on kill starting next week. This week they probably carry standard loot. 

Strategy

• Any modestly trained clan can defend the port.
  • Join the battle before battle starts - If you miss the timer battle will be closed - so arrive early
  • NPC Raiders always pick the best wind - take positions allowing you to intercept them on the right course
  • Number of Raiders depend on port BR. (more info below)
  • Your goal is to not let the fleets reach capture zones. 
  • Once Raiders reach the capture zones they get points
    • Traders (transports) give 325 points 
    • Combat ships give 15 points
  • If all transports reach the circles you lose the port battle. 
  • So your strategy should be 
    • focus fire transports and sink them before they rich the circle (high risk must do task)
    • and then methodically eliminate combat ships (low risk task)
  • Don't linefight just get into carronade range and destroy the transports. 
    • If you miss ALL the combat ships - (all combat ships enter capture zones) its just 270 points. 
    • If you miss just 1 trader transport - its already 325 points
    • Bring several carronade ships for fast resolution of the transport problems.
    • Invest into one fort or tower - they will absolutely devastate some of the attacking light ships
    • Don't enter at piers - join the battle - and join on time (not on signal) but as early as you can 
    • You wont see NPCs until battle starts - so no point to send scouts.

Enemy composition UPDATE  7TH DECEMBER

• 15-18 combat ships - 15 points each (on reaching the capture zone)
  • 4-6 transports - 325 points each (on reaching the capture zone)
  • NPC raiders try to fill the battle ratings lowering the class of the ship
  • So for high BR Port you will see 18 first rates, for medium BR fort you will probably see 18 frigates and for lowest BR shallow water port you will see 18 cutters. Keep this in mind.

NPC Raiders are ELITE ships and require precision and focus fire to win. As described above - you main goal should be to eliminate transports. If you eliminate transports you buy good amount of time.

• Like 7

HI admin, I have 2 questions, does the AI add points when getting a circle with a certain number of warships that add up to 10 points, but does this sum remain or add 10 points every X time that the circle is maintained? And the points are reversible?

Edited by Helliger
  • Like 1

PvE:

I advise also to make NE Raiders chose target ports according to clan size of defending side. Big clans usually have several ports and does not matter much if they get challenged. Make them prime targets. Small clans may have just one port and get utterly destroyed when for any reason (time of NE raiders attack, attitude of big clan extorting small clan into obedience "open your investing rights to us or we take your port ourselves after it went neutral" ^^) defenses don't get massed out.

A workaround would have been international combined PB defense forces, but you did not listen to any argumentation in that direction.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

PvE:

I advise also to make NE Raiders chose target ports according to clan size of defending side. Big clans usually have several ports and does not matter much if they get challenged. Make them prime targets. Small clans may have just one port and get utterly destroyed when for any reason ...

• To much of an exploit create a clan
  • capture a port
  • everyone except 1 leave clan
  • put the new clan on the friendlist
  • never fear of being raided by npcs
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, z4ys said:
  • To much of an exploit create a clan
  • capture a port
  • everyone except 1 leave clan
  • put the new clan on the friendlist
  • never fear of being raided by npcs

True. And sad at the same time. Exploits being the first and last thing we have to consider whenever healthy ideas seem necessary for regulating excesses.

• Like 1

we will see ...

Can we choose the time of day when to defend?

Early in the morning at 4:00 local time it will be difficult to motivate players to defend. It can also happen that you can not get help from a friendly clan, because they must defend their own port at the same time, or at least in a time, after this it´s difficult to manage to relocate the ships.

As long as NPC acts as the second party in this battle, there should be no problem in choosing the time of day.

34 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

They attack within your timers, so just put the timer suitable for you to defend the port

Thanks. :)

.... but i think this is a bit expensive for a thing that should be natural in a game. At least when no need to coordinate the time with any other party (attackers). The attackers are NPC, always available.

1 hour ago, mikawa said:

At least it would be fair if we can screen the enemy fleet and therefore prevent them from attacking at the port at all.

Exactly.

For this it would be necessary the NE Raiders would come to PB over OW, which isn't happening. Don't know if you witnessed yet a NE Raider port attack so let me tell you they spawn right into battle instance at the appointed time (the way they also do it against AI governed ports on PvE Server). So no way to intercept them unless devs change the mechanic to an OW neutral fleet spawning at some distance and sailing to port. Or even two of them, as they attack in two columns. Would introduce a new nice task for scout ships to discover them and the attack direction as early as possible.

• Like 2

assuming raider win every battle.

assuming ports turn neutral with liv 1 bonus...

what happens when any nation can't develop a port again due too repeated attak of Neutrals?

i mean, i lose Caracas so another port become the ''richests'' of my nation and raiders will attak this other port on weekend...winning. so, assuming all my nation's ports are reduced to liv1...which port will be the richest? will raiders going on attaking also port with 0 liv bonus but with high income for some kind of trading?

and what happens if i start to re-build caracas? i must re-build in less than 6 days due to next weekend attak of Raiders because Caracas become again the ''richest'' port of nation (cause i invested maybe simply 10 medals on a bonus)?

i suppose you introduced a feature based only on victory of Defenders to be limited. but , what if defenders lose every battle?

Also it's a good idea if the time span between an annoucement of port getting targeted by NE Raiders and the actual event would be larger. Just for organizing something. Say three full days inbetween. Or defender would be given the opportunity to influence that attack event timing by paying (bribe/ransom?) to NE Raiders. Say, 100000 reals for each day the attack is postponed, top ports 1 million for each day's worth in delay.

21 hours ago, admin said:

Strategy

• Any modestly trained clan can defend the port.
  • Number of Raiders depend on port BR. 
  • Your goal is to not let the fleets reach capture zones. 
  • Once Raiders reach the capture zones they get points
    • Traders (transports) give 300 points 
    • Combat ships give 10 points
  • If all transports reach the circles you lose the port battle. 
  • So your strategy should be 
    • focus fire transports and sink them before they rich the circle (high risk must do task)
    • and then methodically eliminate combat ships (low risk task)

can players use Traders to gain points in PB?  if so, is it at the same rate as AI Transports?  If not, why not?

35 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

So what happend: Multiflipp you took content away from GB they had an empty Portbattle while we had to defend our craftingport. IF that was your intention: Congrats. 

The Zerg should have more ships ready !

Be a good zerg, make us proud.

Composition of NE Raider fleets could be randomized, so people don't know too well in advance what is expecting them. Could range from less attackers to far more attackers than usual, additional Indiamen... Brings (unpleasant) surprises and attacks are taken more serious.

From my experience in this game, one of the best talents of devs is in programming random events. So clueless community still has no golden rule how to anticipate what they want to see. :) Hence no exploit found in that field. So this entertaining unpredictability could be applied to NE Raider attacks too.

49 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

The Zerg should have more ships ready !

Be a good zerg, make us proud.

Thats the Point We are not Zerg. Britisch have way more players than we do. and They use the advantadge for flipping a Port when they know that we are stilll fighting with our Ai Raid crab. 

And thats the Point every one call us Zerg, but whenit comes to rals nujmbers we arent that strong. BF is a big clan and Reds is a big clan, but between the Playtimes of those both is a couple of hours. Thats what you dont see or want to see. We simply dont have enough Players for sutch Actions. I mean you saw BF, NN, Reds, VCS, Shock and Scum had less than 50 Players online. Where do you think we should grab the Players from? I dont have a clue why we are called zerg. Most zerg is and will always be GB. Even Vp had when we where going for Cartagena always more Players in front of the Port screening..... Think about what you are talking. 

Yes we contoll much Ports, but whats the point: We defend homeland and are not able to Defend frontports. Less gamefun for all the Players. Question to the Britisch PB fleet in Georgetown: Do you had fun in fighting an empty PB?

Edited by Knuddel
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, huliotkd said:

assuming raider win every battle.

assuming ports turn neutral with liv 1 bonus...

For PvE thats what i posted weeks ago....

Current PB mechanics in short:

30 pt ports: Can be defended, but nobody wants them. (investments are low level and vanish after  retake by npcs)

50/55 pt ports: can't be defended (no single nation on PvE can muster 25 players w 1st rates) , but everybody wants them. (the top level of investment which is most expensive vanishes after retake) 

Result: PvE still gets no decent port boni (investment for just a week or two till next npc retake is way to risky), the entire pb thing as is could simply have been skipped and port boni should be implemented right from start in a way not requiring pb.

Nothing changed. 

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The irony there is that the reward for such a risky activity is a little lackluster.  @admin is there any chance we could get a larger portion of of the tax income as a reward from raids?  And potentially put a non-specific notice in Combat News about, "Rumors of a raid fleet have been reported somewhere around Hispaniola," etc.

This should be a nice alternative to trading for real generation for clans based on combat. 

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

@admin

Regarding Player Raid:

Reward (Raidchest) vs Time + Risk is heavily imbalanced on the time + risk side.

Even with only small risk involved it was hard to motivated players to participate in this activity due to a lack of reward.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Reward is based on the target port. This feature can provide immediate riches in some locations and rags in most other.

Method 1
Just like a privateer of the 17th century to find a profitable raid you need some investigative work. Discover which nation bases provide most profitable raid mission. Go to that location and rob those who is raiding today. Ship carrying a chest is clearly identified (its usually an indiaman and it has a flag if you click on it) 

Method 2
Just like a privateer of the 17th century establish a base near richest town. Those towns will often be a target for a raid. If you have a base near - often you will be given a raid mission on the rich port in the vicinity. 

This feature is advanced and is not a delivery mission. So you should not expect to make anything of it without preparation. But if you prepare you will make a lot either from enemy chests stolen by you or by missions from your raiding base.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/32055-seasonal-update-treacherous-waters-preliminary-information/page/22/?tab=comments#comment-687928

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The irony there is that the reward for such a risky activity is a little lackluster.  @admin is there any chance we could get a larger portion of of the tax income as a reward from raids?  And potentially put a non-specific notice in Combat News about, "Rumors of a raid fleet have been reported somewhere around Hispaniola," etc.

This should be a nice alternative to trading for real generation for clans based on combat. 

If profitable raids are rare - the reward should be higher. Indeed. I do not have data today (weekend) on campeche - maybe @z4ys can try to elaborate more on their latest raid attempts so we can see problems more clearly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, admin said:

If profitable raids are rare - the reward should be higher. Indeed. I do not have data today (weekend) on campeche - maybe @z4ys can try to elaborate more on their latest raid attempts so we can see problems more clearly. 

image.png.e98591cf6185e234e187abf81a2230cd.png

3 Victory marks

25 Combat marks

25500 Doubloons

2384 Reals

Dividen by 6 = 0,5 Victory marks / 4,17 Combar marks / 4250 Doubloons  397,33 reals for each

Unfortunately I havent checked the Tax of campeche at this day. I was just happy that we had a mission against a russian port and not vs Spain or Brits like usual and that i could motivate 5 other people.

We had to take whats available. Lucky as hell that the mission and the npc raid  + player pb all lined up perfectly. Planning had to be done within the 8h before everything happened.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4