Game-Labs Forum

[WAR server] Alarm! NPC Port Battles Caracas, Santiago de Cuba and Vera Cruz

qw569😳

Dear port owners of Caracas, Santiago de Cuba and Vera Cruz!

Today my friend Mishka receive information about forthcoming NPC port battles

• [15-11-2019 11:02 UTC] NPC port battle for port Caracas (Verenigde Provinciën) will be started at 18 Nov 2019 04:50 UTC
  • [15-11-2019 11:02 UTC] NPC port battle for port Santiago de Cuba (Great Britain) will be started at 16 Nov 2019 18:10 UTC
  • [15-11-2019 11:02 UTC] NPC port battle for port Vera Cruz (Russian Empire) will be started at 16 Nov 2019 20:50 UTC

We think that if NPC win these battles then port become Neutral.

We also hope to receive comments from @world_creator

Edited by qw569
  • Like 7

[15-11-2019 11:02 UTC] NPC port battle for port Caracas (Verenigde Provinciën) will be started at 18 Nov 2019 04:50 UTC

in the middle of the night dutch time (nice sneak attack)

are the attackers mexicans??

Edited by Thonys

18 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I don't understand why Caracas and not Maracaibo?

According of description of NPC Port Battles Explained. War server and Peace server information

Я думаю они произвольным и случайным образом выбирают целью атаки 1 порт из некоторого количества наиболее развитых портов топовой нации. Иначе атакам будут подвергаться одни и те же порты и не будет никакого разнообразия.

З.Ы. Интересно, кстати, что на 17 ноября атаки не назначено.

Edited by Malcolm3

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

According of description of NPC Port Battles Explained. War server and Peace server information

Port bonuses of Caracas and Maracaibo

Port\Bonus Gunnery
Bonus
Mast and Rig
Bonus
Hull
Bonus
Sailing
Bonus
Crew
Bonus
Owner
Caracas 3 2 3 4 4 PRIV (Verenigde Provinciën)
Maracaibo 3 1 3 4 4 CABAL (Verenigde Provinciën)

Tax rate

Port LastTax LastCost Revenue
Caracas 173959 69583 104376
Maracaibo 796698 318679 478019

Well, perhaps because Caracas has one level Mast and Rig Bonus more than Maracaibo? All other boni are exact same.

What Admin said about NPC attacks on PvP server <<Raiders will only attack most developed ports of top 3 nations (mix of investments and tax rate) >> seems to apply on PvE Peace Server too, because the very first attack on a human owned port was on Carriacou, which was a minor port owned by a one-man-clan. But I had generated lots of trade, exceeding major ports of the 55point category, plus a whiteoak planation must have raised attraction for NE Raiders striking there first.

Lost.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

What Admin said about NPC attacks on PvP server <<Raiders will only attack most developed ports of top 3 nations (mix of investments and tax rate) >> seems to apply on PvE Peace Server too, because the very first attack on a human owned port was on Carriacou, which was a minor port owned by a one-man-clan. But I had generated lots of trade, exceeding major ports of the 55point category, plus a whiteoak planation must have raised attraction for NE Raiders striking there first.

Lost.

if you do not have lots of investment you wont not lose much if you lose the port (only taxation rights). Recapture the port - get some friendly clans from the same nation on the alliance list and defend next time (its not easy but not hard for an organized group)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:

if you do not have lots of investment you wont not lose much if you lose the port (only taxation rights). Recapture the port - get some friendly clans from the same nation on the alliance list and defend next time (its not easy but not hard for an organized group)

Theoretically correct. If you are really having friends. Turned out my allies, primarily the biggest clan in France on PvE, are none of it but backstabbers when the opportunity arises and small clan isn't obedient. They sabotaged my calls for recapture on same afternoon, after maintenance when Carriacou had turned into neutral, so almost nobody showed up for hostility missions, and clandestinely prepared for taking port for themselves. End of friendship of course. And last thing I did was destroying my expensive whiteoak plantation so it does not fall into their hands. So much liberty I reserve to myself when treated like this.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

We didn't put the timer on Caracas since night attack on weekend probably could be held and it shouldn't be a main target. That beeing said, I did not expect hostility 2 days before to push it to Monday morning...

Port bonuses of Caracas and Maracaibo

Port\Bonus Gunnery
Bonus
Mast and Rig
Bonus
Hull
Bonus
Sailing
Bonus
Crew
Bonus
Owner
Caracas 3 2 3 4 4 PRIV (Verenigde Provinciën)
Maracaibo 3 1 3 4 4 CABAL (Verenigde Provinciën)

Tax rate

Port LastTax LastCost Revenue
Caracas 173959 69583 104376
Maracaibo 796698 318679 478019

This is a good question tho, both ports are 49/50 points (literally the points you use to develop a port so the're the same in that regard) and tax diffrence is quite big I would say.

Edit:
Yes, I know that till 18/11/2019 10:00 ST it's still "Sunday". I'm mainly sad about hostility 2 days before (it's great for the prep time tho) and target choice. About raid time, seems we drew a short straw :)

Edited by Atimk
Wrong Quote

3 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Theoretically correct. If you are really having friends. Turned out my allies, primarily the biggest clan in France on PvE, are none of it but backstabbers when the opportunity arises and small clan isn't obedient. They sabotaged my calls for recapture on same afternoon, after maintenance when Carriacou had turned into neutral, so almost nobody showed up for hostility missions, and clandestinely prepared for taking port for themselves. End of friendship of course. And last thing I did was destroying my expensive whiteoak plantation so it does not fall into their hands. So much liberty I reserve to myself when treated like this.

Oof, nice to see drama isn't limited to War Server!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Sounds like you need some better friends in nation, or maybe the Faction alliance system we have been asking for on WAR server would do good on the Peace server too?  That way it's not 11 nations but instead 5 factions with sub-nations that can help each other.

Honestly I found that PEACE has a very every one for them self attitude compared to War server.

Why did you destroy a plantation when any one in your nation could use it?  I mean your allowed 30 clans on your friends list....maybe folks won't be so back stabbing and come help if you didn't have this attitude?  Why should I come defend your port when your not willing to let us help  you or share?  When instead I can just wait until you loose the port and than take it myself if I have the bigger clan?