Game-Labs Forum

Fun > Winning

Bach

Some forget it's just a game. Even when it's a game you want to win. I think we all agree more population would make the game more fun. We even have the fall sale going on in steam.  When new players read about "OMG Russians using hostility exploit to flip ports" and similar stuff it acts as a negative review on the game. They may think why continue investing hours if older players are just going to cheat? It doesn't really matter if an event matches the exact rules on being an exploit. Just looking like an exploit is bad enough. Let's try to clean things up out there at least while the sale is going on. You don't really need that port, that one kill or anything bad enough to discredit the game itself. It isn't the game masters fault for not putting in a rule to force players to play honorably. That is a choice we make on our own.

• Like 4

Review bombs from salty armchair developers pissed that they got ignored

has already done far more damage..... but i agree for the most part with what you're trying to say @Teutonic. Just remember, shit like the hostility "exploit" and most other so called exploits can work both ways for any given faction, and are often used by everyone, not just the nation everyone likes to bitch about.

7 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

has already done far more damage..... but i agree for the most part with what you're trying to say @Teutonic. Just remember, shit like the hostility "exploit" and most other so called exploits can work both ways for any given faction, and are often used by everyone, not just the nation everyone likes to bitch about.

No damage. 
First they untied our hands. Second we have not seen any negative effect on sales. 

we do not allow those videos on this forum - they are monetized and each time you click - outrage merchants make money. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, admin said:

No damage. 
First they untied our hands. Second we have not seen any negative effect on sales. 

we do not allow those videos on this forum - they are monetized and each time you click - outrage merchants make money. 

Fair enough

I think the issue is that glaring problems remain problems and don't seem to get fixed.  The hostility mission stacking has been a problem in game for 2 years.  Coming out and saying it's not an exploit doesn't exactly solve the problem and only encourages it's use.  Glitches/Problems/Whatever not getting fixed and then abused hurts this game far worse than salty forum threads.

• Like 4

Also normally for humans, fun is similar to winning. It is well known that more people enjoy something when they seem good at it, if they are rewarded, than if they are slapped in the face repeatedly. Sure some people like the challenge, but majority likes some form of reward or some form of winning. Along with this, im gonna guess that rather than sitting staring at one set of cross swords, they would have much more fun in the battle pew pewing at other ships. So it is fair to moan about the exploit, maybe not in the way they did but it is expected that they will complain. They would rather be in the 3 battles than be in one and be helpless, they feel cheated out of potential content, which they lowkey were. 

12 hours ago, Potemkin said:

I own one account, my account. if i even wanted to, i would never review bomb :).

so while it is a different thread, the fact that we are able to stack battles on top of each other to hide "other" battles, is just not "good." if we don't call it an exploit, we should at least be unified in agreeing it's shit for gameplay, shit for good experience, and yet another reason why players get frustrated and end up quitting for a while.

• Like 2