Game-Labs Forum

23/23 and you think you are good ?

Balu0

Here is a challenge , do all 23 missions again but you MUST build ships with LONG RANGE!

When the campaign hits we will need to design good ships with useful range so this should be a great practice.

I'm 10/23 now, and I have to tell you it is a significant restriction.

Good luck  :D

• Like 6

I don't think you would need that for most of the campaign, "Long Range" probably means something like I-400 crossing the Pacific to bomb the Panama Canal sort of range. Most of the battles in European waters probably falls within Short range, and patrols in the Atlantic would be Medium range.

Edited by goduranus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Koro said:

In the campaign, you won't be restricted by weight and cost limits - except what your empire can afford. Other than that, sounds like a fun challenge :)

If shipyards are modelled I expect we will be restricted by max weight until we upgrade our shipyards. But ye, money is the ultimate restriction.

5 hours ago, Balu0 said:

If shipyards are modeled I expect we will be restricted by max weight until we upgrade our shipyards. But ye, money is the ultimate restriction.

Not only that should also be length and beam, its entirely possible to have something that you can build tonnage wise thats either too fat or too long to actually fit in the damn dry dock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Absolute0CA said:

Not only that should also be length and beam, its entirely possible to have something that you can build tonnage wise thats either too fat or too long to actually fit in the damn dry dock.

It should be loike RTW where you have to spend monies on having a chonkier dock in general for big shipfus.

Im at 14/23 mostly been doing long range combat, unless the missions forces me to play otherwise essentially or if i get bored and charge in lol.

Gonna try and build smoll but punchy BB's and see how they do in the various missions.

the pre-dread mission i might as well build ones with fat belt armour and gud guns for HE spam.

In my personal opinion, i don't see Range as "significant restriction", i have created BC with decent armor, mobility, many bulkheads and armament and with Very Long range, of course i achievied that because of good armor type, good engines etc that lower the weight but still, in current state of the game, range would be problem in early stages of the game, later on with new technologies, it would be much easier to build a decent ships with big range.

Besides, range would only matter, if you are playing as spain (for example), and you are at war with China, then you need to build ships with big range indeed, OR have a ports that can refuel your fleet.

13B626C7402BDB980A9D51868E1EECE4E738777B

Edited by HusariuS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Teraflame said:

Try to build some long range super weapons.

Nf5d4Xd.png

JbypMtU.png

h9QRcmg.png

Which one do you prefer, bigger guns or more guns?

ab9xwqX.png

I prefer the bottom design with only 4x3 18 inch guns. Just looks nicer.

You call the one in the middle IJN Fuji or something (unless you want that for a really big ship with 20 or 21 inch guns or something).

20 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

I prefer the bottom design with only 4x3 18 inch guns. Just looks nicer.

You call the one in the middle IJN Fuji or something (unless you want that for a really big ship with 20 or 21 inch guns or something).

Your choice is well. This design is also the most powerful one in combat tests. It still needs to reduce the caliber of the side guns for better protection.

I also tried to modify the previous design to make it have a very long range

.Ovv6Ovs.png

...But what the hell was it? This was worse than the Minsk shipyard.

k1KXecs.png

And I finally got it. Go back to the Black Sea comrades!

9kCSrMu.png

• Like 1