Game-Labs Forum

End of Battle Summary Screen

KiltedKey

After playing this game a bunch, and of course I know it's still an alpha, something that I think is doable could be an end of battle summary screen. We already know in the top right of our screen what our shots have done. What I'd like to know at the end of the battle is what every ship's shots have done.

So, for example, each ship in the battle would have a summary of total damage dealt - and what kind of penetration, you don't need to tell me gun type, although that would be amazing - and what kind of damage it received, also what kind of penetration. So it could show you if a ships guns or armor are underperforming.

I'm no coder, so I could be speaking out of my bum, but the game already tracks how much your ship does. I can't see it being too hard to see it done to every ship in the battle, and broken down to just what they do. That tracker is already there. I guess you just break the code to tell it to track each ship individually. Just my thoughts are considering the insane calculations this game does, such a simple timer would not be very CPU demanding.

Am I speaking rubbish?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiltedKey said:

After playing this game a bunch, and of course I know it's still an alpha, something that I think is doable could be an end of battle summary screen. We already know in the top right of our screen what our shots have done. What I'd like to know at the end of the battle is what every ship's shots have done.

So, for example, each ship in the battle would have a summary of total damage dealt - and what kind of penetration, you don't need to tell me gun type, although that would be amazing - and what kind of damage it received, also what kind of penetration. So it could show you if a ships guns or armor are underperforming.

I'm no coder, so I could be speaking out of my bum, but the game already tracks how much your ship does. I can't see it being too hard to see it done to every ship in the battle, and broken down to just what they do. That tracker is already there. I guess you just break the code to tell it to track each ship individually. Just my thoughts are considering the insane calculations this game does, such a simple timer would not be very CPU demanding.

Am I speaking rubbish?

Nah thats easy to do, just create a leaderboard that is generated at the end of every match (global event basically) have it displayed publically and i guess gather info from any of the relevant arrays and variables they are using to calculate and store, damage, kills, structual damage, hit percentage etc.

This sort thing is very common in multiplayer games plus i guess some singleplayers so you could just find the relevant code pieces on github or anyother open source code shareing website.

I havent coded for ages doe and i wasn't great at it either but from what i remember thats how i assumed it would go.