Game-Labs Forum

How do repairs work?

beall2022

Question

I 'm still trying to figure out how to use hull and sail repairs. From what I gather, the repairs are done within the first two minutes, but there is then a cool down period afterwards before using again. If so, then do you want to move as many men from guns/sailing to do repairs in that first two minutes? Then move them back for the remaining cool down time? Doing repairs does it impact your ability to fight or raise /lower sails

How many sails and repairs fix how much of your damage?

Any insight would be appreciated.

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

You sure? I don't think I experienced that already. Only when being boarding prepared you get more crewdamage I think

Not sure, but I thought I learned that long, long ago but I can't point to documentation. (Of course, there is very little documentation to point to. LOL) Difficult to test as one doesn't know how many crew one would lose if they were not on repair. Perhaps some others can share their opinions.

• Like 1

Thanks. I noticed that when I start a repair, it shows the crew required and assigned--something like 48/48. Eventually after a few minutes, this goes down to zero. Does that mean all the repairs are done that can be done until the cooldown is over? I assume it does not matter where your crew is then either sailing or guns?