Game-Labs Forum

Why not different powder for HE and AP shells?

because that comes with price differences and right now the game kinda assumes that every Shell on board can be either AP or HE.

You don't have to chose between the 2 types

Which means that it would be impossible for the game to calculate the price of a warships because it only knows after the battle what you actually shot. 

Now I kinda hope that having different types of ammo on board, and the ability to chose the ratio, will come to the game at some point. Right now the system is far simpler. 

• Like 1

Those effects are kind of manufactured ... I'd rather see them balanced by cost and weight  rather than fictitious  effects upon certain shell types...  the only input powder has on a shell is how fast it leaves the barrel.... it doesnt impart any sort of extra explosive ability etc... shell performance is dictated by the types of fuses and physical make up of the shell and the the explosives they contain. I doubt they will do it but they had charts for each gun that gave the expected performance at a certain angle, shell weight, powder weight etc to the point that time of flight could be predicted and by setting mechsnical time fuses could air burst shells over ships or ground targets.