Game-Labs Forum

I would like to choose when to fire torps

Mooncatt

as the title suggests, im a bit non plussed about the torp issue. as it stands they a little "wayward" on terms of accuracy. im not too fussed about this, as when they do hit they cause a lot of dmg (15" not so much, but the larger ones, deffo!!) however im currently playing a with underwater torps located on the bow and stern. 5km range and the enemy is 3.6km out, ive set torps to aggressive and they are still not firing. I may answer my own question here, but are bow and stern torps not able to fire broadside?

19 minutes ago, Mooncatt said:

as the title suggests, im a bit non plussed about the torp issue. as it stands they a little "wayward" on terms of accuracy. im not too fussed about this, as when they do hit they cause a lot of dmg (15" not so much, but the larger ones, deffo!!) however im currently playing a with underwater torps located on the bow and stern. 5km range and the enemy is 3.6km out, ive set torps to aggressive and they are still not firing. I may answer my own question here, but are bow and stern torps not able to fire broadside?

Bow and stern underwater torps can only fire bow and stern with a little bit of firing arc. Either add broadside torpedo tubes or deck torpedoes to fire broadside. Also easiest way currently to choose when to fire torpedoes is to set them to off (you have to do this separately for every ship you control) and then set them to aggressive when you want to launch. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is an old topic, and the Alpha's coming out any day now, but what I suggest we need is a command (like "Steady" or "Screen") to fire torps - the ship should then maneuver to release all ready torps as fast as possible at the designated target. It also avoids the problem when we want the destroyer guns to shoot at DD yet I must tell them to shoot at the BB because that's where I want my torpedoes to go.