Game-Labs Forum

Tweaking of Determined Defender Perk

10 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

Have you tried boarding a ship that has almost 2 times your crew? To grape him enough you need to do several rakes, on each one risking getting a rake in return and/or loosing a mast or two from your opponent that has a much superior broadside than yours. So from my experience you are stuck with him at 60% sails sailing as close hauled as possible and you being much faster staying on his tail giving him mediocre at best stern rakes, killing nowhere near enough crew to be able to board him because of his perk. And you just wish that you could just board him and get it over with, even if he has 100 more crew than you but instead what you get is 1 hour of him repairing and quoting "death by 1000 cuts" memes. It is the most fun when you have finally managed to kill enough crew to try to board him and as you initiate your tackle he uses rum and gets his crew back.

So no, I dont think DD is countered by one decent stern rake most of the times if you are dealing with ships of different rates. On a Christian vs Christian yes, on a Trincomalee vs Bellona, no...

I believe that if someone cant get you off his stern no matter what he does he is as good as dead. Might as well speed up the process.

Why should you be given an easy way to board a much larger ship? Small ships already get away with enough in NA. 

3 hours ago, Never said:

Why should you be given an easy way to board a much larger ship? Small ships already get away with enough in NA. 

I didnt say that we should be given an easy way to board someone,  the whole point of this thread was to find a middle ground that works for both the attacker and the defender. Some people say remove it, some people say buff it, the answer is somewhere in between.

I might be good at boarding and you might be good at maneuvering its only logical that we both want to play to our strengths.

Edited by Henry Long Castle

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, CptYachu said:

Pirates took merchant ships with small forces, then why we haven't, example determined attacker perk? Why not do it for pirates?

Merchant ships also surrender with the menace of be under attack or if they see a lot of enemy firepower… in game, nobody surrender, and also, all ships have marines even tiny ships or merchant.