Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Celtiberofrog

Veteran clans RESPONSABILITY

I welcome the fact that the change of nations is not easy and cheap. One should not forget that Players can not only change  to the second or third strongest nation. Unthinkable, if everyone could switch to Russia for nothing.

6 minutes ago, Forbin said:

A big container falling on your foot is far more painfull than a single bin :)

So, "good" clans should leave all their assets at very high cost (and no magic trick like Havoc with San Juan) to go and play with "trash" players, in a nation where they have no ports, no real friends to go in RvR with ? Only consequence would be a lower playerbase. 

Quality comes when players gather themselves and learn to play together, to play as a nation and not a bunch of clans. Plus, there are good players everywhere, in every nations, if they gather in one clan they can teach their knowledge more easily.

I was just asking, you don't like my question, nevermind :)

Implying they won't just all die and squabble after the first defeat.

15 minutes ago, Forbin said:

A big container falling on your foot is far more painfull than a single bin :)

So, "good" clans should leave all their assets at very high cost (and no magic trick like Havoc with San Juan) to go and play with "trash" players, in a nation where they have no ports, no real friends to go in RvR with ? Only consequence would be a lower playerbase. 

Quality comes when players gather themselves and learn to play together, to play as a nation and not a bunch of clans. Plus, there are good players everywhere, in every nations, if they gather in one clan they can teach their knowledge more easily.

I was just asking, you don't like my question, nevermind :)

There will always be good and bad players, thats a fact (all respect to all). There are players who play the game for years, but They are not so good and if you cant get better in few years, i doubt you ever get good.Its actually you who choose the easier way (exacly as you say you dont want to play with trash players). If everyone thought like you then all pvp guys are in Russia, and you see fun in fighting "trash" players ? 

Edited by o7Captain

Russia has like 5% of server pop we need more players or we wont be able to hold half the map. Stop being selfish and help make Russia great again.

• Like 6

I think the whole switching nation system is done in a strange way, it works for individual players (sort of) but not for clans. As others have suggested before, a civil war system could be a better way to do it. I would want an additional DLC item you buy every time you need to switch nation, but it is used by the clan leader to switch the entire clan to a different nation, with all their buildings and ports. With a longer cooldown than only 30 days, maybe 90 days. 

I think all these issues tie in with the lack of diplomatic features, lack of consequences for actions by nations or actions in war; good or bad. Most content and too much content depends entirely on players and have no game features to back them up. If players are going to declare alliances, peace, ceases of fire, cooperate with other nations or clans from other nations; then the game needs to provide ways to do that instead of forcing people to do it from outside the game. There is no point in forcing players to do anything that makes no sense to them, cause they will always find the way around if there is one. Motivating players to do what's best for a better game/server is key, forcing things or making them stupidly difficult will never work well. 

51 minutes ago, Forbin said:

And what about all small weak clans in these nations joigning in just one big clan to become stronger ? Levelling up is better thant levelling down.

We saw so many intentions, it worked but did not last long, you know how hard it is to get clans as friendly as to merge together.

But you know Faction in critical down stream, the few remaining clans are usually not active enough to sustain content.

Alliances, whether between clans or nations, allowing multi national port battle participation is the only way to move forward without asking admin to take 4 steps back in development. Thinking a civil war mechanic, no matter how awesome it might be when used as intended, wont be abused by alts at some point is lunacy. Paid DLC forged papers and port investments closed the door on the player base for mobility between nations, i highly doubt it was unintentional. This was all said many times when most of the people who commented here in this thread demanded REDS break up and switch nations "for the sake of the game"Just read @rediii 's post from the first page and ask yourself if you're willing to put that kind of time and effort in for uncertain returns. Alliances and allies in PBs allows balance of power without balance of population which is unattainable in the current iteration of the game.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 4

The hardcore game, the bonus ports, the high costs and the low rewards, all that and more have unbalanced the game in relation to the factions. If a new player just enters the game look at the map, where do you think he is going to go, to Poland, Spain, France? No, he will go to Russia or Holland. It is logical, people choose the winning horse. So or this, and less and less players or alliances, that allow some balance and therefore a more fun game. There's no more.

Players should not be responsible for balancing the server & the community.  Our job is to pay for the game and enjoy it.  The devs are the only ones that can implement lasting changes needed to balance the server and population.  Asking players to do this is absurd.  

There are 2 ways to fix the current imbalance.  ALLIANCES or Removing Nations.  With 11 nations and 600-700 active players the game is simply too diluted to fill up all these nations.  Smaller port BRs would be nice, but it won't fix the greater issue of nations not having enough players.  a Smaller BR fleet will just get tagged and screened out by said larger nation.  Admin has said he will not remove nations because more nations = more copies of the game sold.  So the only option is an alliance system that is hard coded into the game.  Don't like who your alliance partner is?  You have the ability to move.  

Back in the fine woods patch days alliances worked and full 25/25 Port Battles were consistently full with 100 screeners outside of major ports.  The dilution of nations is the issue here, not the size of the ports.  (also ship replacement costs...but different discussion)

Smaller BR ports will not instantly fix the problem.   They might even make it worse.  I do however think values need to be adjusted.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

The hardcore game, the bonus ports, the high costs and the low rewards, all that and more have unbalanced the game in relation to the factions. If a new player just enters the game look at the map, where do you think he is going to go, to Poland, Spain, France? No, he will go to Russia or Holland. It is logical, people choose the winning horse. So or this, and less and less players or alliances, that allow some balance and therefore a more fun game. There's no more.

I think GB is also an option if you look at the map. I think attitudes of clans have to be taken into account, I think everyone should still be able to choose whatever nation appeals. Ideally alliances would work, But that would require a leader of each nation to decide alliances and that certainly wouldnt work. i dont see how the devs can balance the game, i really believe it will have to be for the players to realise, if not well lets all change to Russia and it will be a pve2 server and the game dies. Seriously though i dont have an issue with Russia being in the game [although historically totally inaccurate] but maybe if the devs offered compensation to switch it may help. I heard the other day that Reds had 60 players online, how many clans in other nations can match that! none is the answer, it will only get worse until the player base wakes up and does something before its too late, look at NN changing from France to Russia why? the same way a child stops supporting Accrington stanley fc and goes to Manchester united lol, its not a Devs issue its for us to sort it with maybe help from the devs in the way of compensation.Also the player base is way too small to support so many nations

3 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

For example, FR & ESP Factions are sadly lacking of active "veteran clans",

One experienced group of players in a Faction can really change the motivation of that Faction community.

Why join or return to a nation you left, if the reasons you left are still true ?

Anyway, from the start the whole clan based stuff have been in a weird spot. Each player is not a single captain as we can man multiple ships across the carribeans without embracing a unique career, and clans are just here to messed up nations.

As a matter of fact, today every Faction, like a body, needs a backbone to stand in RvR.

I guess "veteran clans" are the ideal backbone for Factions.

When a veteran clan leads RvR the rest of its Faction players will follow or not, but at least they have a choice, which is a relief for new players when discovering their Faction.

"Veteran clan" means, apart from their players experience & skill, a group of players who can spend enough time in NA to be efficient and therefore create content for their followers.

Today, precisely due to the Clan system (instead of former Faction system), Factions can easily be driven by their most efficient clans.

Had Rediiii choosen to settle in FRANCE or SPAIN, i'm quite sure he would have found plenty of followers.

We know the reason of the resurrection of United Provinces after the wipe  

Edited by Celtiberofrog
  • Like 1

Most of the problems in this game come from the small number of players for such a large map. The immense difficulty that a player has to get a competitive ship is what makes the few players that there tend to be grouped into nations that give them the security and resources necessary to have a competitive ship. We want a hardcore game for hardcore players (admin dixit).... This phrase was the epitaph of this game.

400 players = boring game

2500 players = fun game

hardcore game = 400 players

easy game = 2500 players

But dev prefer hardcore game than a fun game.... 😔

Edited by Alvar Fañez de Minaya
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2019 at 3:40 PM, Potemkin said:

Russia has like 5% of server pop we need more players or we wont be able to hold half the map. Stop being selfish and help make Russia great again.

So Russia 5 % think that would give the rest like

GB 4%
VP 4%
Rest nation 4%
Didn’t know when had some many bots in the game to pump up the numbers. Guess they for some reason don’t count in population. Maybe you can get devs to pump more bots in to Russia to help you.

34 minutes ago, Reorx Redbeard said:

HAVOC was not the only who lost a lot of reals and dubs whn they left DK. the entire DK nation suffered a great loss

lot of players lost everything.But is how the game is. You chose to play in Dk, you know it is the risk.

We all new that someday Havoc would leave. Think nobody was surpriced at that.
Neither can ppl really say they hadn’t see it would cost us San Juan.

Only bummer is that we now only will have a 40 point habor. But it is ok, everybody knows port bonus rally dosen’t matter.

If you not are ready to live with that risk, go Russia. Ppl will get back on there feet again. Untill then I just sail my Rat. Had a good 1 vs 4 Russians at the fort at Road Town. So my gameplay is as good as ever.

They lost 2 good ships and was close to lose another one to the fort.

Edited by Bryan Von Gyldenloeve

14 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

So Russia 5 % think that would give the rest like

GB 4%
VP 4%
Rest nation 4%
Didn’t know when had some many bots in the game to pump up the numbers. Guess they for some reason don’t count in population. Maybe you can get devs to pump more bots in to Russia to help you.

it was a joke.

Edited by Potemkin

20 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

keep telling that to yourself if that makes you better.

Well I have to. I’ll have to fight in a 40 point ship. But it is not going to stop me from PvP. 
Right now I just fight in my rat, untill I sawed up to a new shipyard, but first things first. We need the last uogrades done and then the shipyard.

I still have fun saling my Rat. Feel a bit lousy because ppl might think it is because I won’t risk a crafted ship. Have a few Wasa left from SJ, but they are reserved to fun with my son, until I again can craft.

But do actually like just to redeem a ship, put cannons on and go fight. And think we all can agree 50-55 points crafted ships are better than a same clans dlc.

Ppl should worry less and just do as they think is fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Well I have to. I’ll have to fight in a 40 point ship. But it is not going to stop me from PvP. 
Right now I just fight in my rat, untill I sawed up to a new shipyard, but first things first. We need the last uogrades done and then the shipyard.

I still have fun saling my Rat. Feel a bit lousy because ppl might think it is because I won’t risk a crafted ship. Have a few Wasa left from SJ, but they are reserved to fun with my son, until I again can craft.

But do actually like just to redeem a ship, put cannons on and go fight. And think we all can agree 50-55 points crafted ships are better than a same clans dlc.

Ppl should worry less and just do as they think is fun.

If you do so much pvp why would you worry about ships?
As far as I remember we had more issues getting rid of ship due to the amount of ship captured with nice port upgrade and mods than anything else.

You dont even need to bother establishing a shipyard or docks. just go around tumbado and capture anything russian. usualy nice wasa, bellona and vic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RKY said:

If you do so much pvp why would you worry about ships?
As far as I remember we had more issues getting rid of ship due to the amount of ship captured with nice port upgrade and mods than anything else.

You dont even need to bother establishing a shipyard or docks. just go around tumbado and capture anything russian. usualy nice wasa, bellona and vic.

Well Guess I lose more than I win. That dosen’t mean I can’t mainly spend my time on PvP. Ore you can only do PvP if you win most of the time?

But there must be something wrong with my english. Can’t really see how the post you qoute says I worry abouth the ship I sail. Pretty sure i write if all I have is a dlc, then I’ll sail that.

You was Havoc, right? Some of you most have worried abouth ships, since for you it was important to get SJ upgraded. 

I am Well aware I am not a top name High on the PvP leaderboard, but thats does not mean you can’t spend most time doing PvP. This evening I was in 3 battles around CS.

first one The Swede ran, fair enough. Was outgunned.

Second 4 danes vs 5 Swede(HRE) oure L’ocean was the tipping point. Fun fight.

Third one me vs 5 Swede on my way to Gustavia.

I am in a small clan Bocar, we are 2 active players. Right now oure stats is 10 PvP kills and 5 Ai’s. The Ai’s is me if I survive, and see a trader on the way back, I tjeck if I should be lucky enough to gets some dubs to put in to upgrade oure crafting port. Pretty sure I spend most of my time doing PvP.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 1:07 PM, Celtiberofrog said:

Hi all,

Would it not be the time for "veteran clans" to settle in different Factions ?

Everybody can witness that any Faction that includes several active "veteran clans", is enjoying larger RvR possibilities.

Within our small +/-400 players tank, I guess the RvR health depends on players before the Dev's.

So, if we imagine that any Faction could include an active "veteran clan", then the RvR might look something more lively & thrilling.

Message to large Faction:

Would you sacrifice your playerbase for the health of other Factions & therefore for more balanced RvR potential ?

Would you consider recommending some of your clans to settle in other Factions ?

Don't you think that experienced players & clans could have a greater influence to improve RvR content ? 

Message to experienced players & clans:

Would you sacrifice your fun & wealth to settle in a small Faction (like HAVOC did) for the sake of war server health ?

Thx for possible comments

the game is not supposed to be responsibility, the game is supposed to be fun
and it's just dumb to pay the costs stated above by other people just to please some retard, I'm not here to please some retard, I'm here to play and have fun

it makes no sense to sacrifice anything for some random retards, if they want something, they should either get good (the people who have something in the game also had nothing at some point, but somehow they didn't cry and have a great problem about other people playing the game how its supposed to be played) or demand some reasonable change from devs, such as changing the BR for PBs or lowering the cost of shipcrafting, because it's a lot easier for devs (if they don't do anything about it - noone is going to do it) to make this kind of change than it is for a player to switch nation just because some retard said so

it makes more sense to pick some other game/activity/hobby which is going to be fun, rather than sacrifice anything for a retard who's going to be gone anyway, just because some "asshole"(asshole - normal player who is just playing PVP game by doing PVP) sank his trashy, cheap, rattvisan/herc (which was clearly worth an attempt to run away 🤨), or some other worthless ship

btw the word is "responsibility", not "responsability", learn to write

On 11/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Well Guess I lose more than I win. That dosen’t mean I can’t mainly spend my time on PvP. Or you can only do PvP if you win most of the time?

can't disagree with those words

losing is a normal and key aspect of a PVP game and it doesn't mean you can't get better - sometimes I also lose, but it doesn't mean I didn't learn some tricks which are often going to work against the dumb / the ones with advantage / the ones with disadvantage / other people

but apparently some people prefer when unknown experienced players come and lead them by the hand instead of approaching an experienced group themselves - the first thing is noone's responsibility and the second thing is easy to do

and even if I destroyed all of the buildings and moved to another nation what would be the result? - the same what we have now, except I would have wasted some things - and this is why there is no motivation to listen to this dumb idea

On 11/8/2019 at 10:13 PM, Mascarino said:

keep telling that to yourself if that makes you better.

the port bonus is not everything and it has it's cost, just like the ship type, the firepower, and other statistics - and getting more power for paying a higher price makes sense
it's not necessary for the game to be played and it's actually just another thing which takes time and makes people grind - but say that to devs and see the result 🙄

Edited by Captain2Strong

1 hour ago, Captain2Strong said:

losing is a normal and key aspect of a PVP game and it doesn't mean you can't get better - sometimes I also lose, but it doesn't mean I didn't learn some tricks which are often going to work against the dumb / the ones with advantage / the ones with disadvantage / other people

but apparently some people prefer when you come and lead them by the hand instead of approaching an experienced group themselves

Oh I don’t mind losing, not at all. Just the fight have been fun. It was a responce to RKY reply if I did PvP as I claimed, I would have enough ships. I would say that I am an avarage player. Plenty of them at the sea. So I get lots of goods fights, just not that many ships gets home. Lets see Yesterday I was in

Wasa- Rat vs Rat- Inger. We won no loses.

Wasa - Rat vs Rat- Inger same player same result.

Wasa-Wasa vs Bellona. He blew up.

PFrig vs trinc- Herc. Boarder the Trinc and found out I didn’t have marines on. Lost.

Rat vs. Christian, Lrq, Pfrig, mercury and an think Essex. Managed to board and kill the Pfrig, took it as they sunk my Rat. Had 15 min extra fun on the Pfrig before I lost it.

No I don’t think all that do PvP has enough ships, but again what I spend 3 hours on Yesterday, proberbly isen’t what RKY calls PvP.

• Like 1