Game-Labs Forum

Has anyone beat "modern Battleship" using more funds?

SiWi

Hallo Travelers!

This thread is not about beating the mission, because frankly that is quite easy if you use boosting technologies, 18 inches guns and radar.

But I wonder how many make this mission while using the "more funds" option.

I don't seem to quite mange it.

given I have more money I usually try 16inches, the best I can have and play up the armor as much I can. But it never seems to be quite enough.

I never seem to be able to armor myself everywhere enough that they amount of fire coming it wouldn't shreed me apart in due time.

the 16" guns arent the issue for me, my issue is that without any radar whatsoever, i cant spot the destroyers until they are within 3-2km range, at that range my ship/-s are too slow at turning to avoid the torpedoes, eating those torpedoes disables my engines making me a sitting duck with destroyers just circling around me which the gun turrets cant keep up with at that close range. just the 1st gen radar would be enough to make it plausible for me, then i would be able to spot the destroyers at long enough range to avoid torpedoes

if you exclude the bonus in long range accuracy and better mark 3 turrets from the tech boost option, i rebuilt the exact same ship i tested before on more funds except that i had added a gen 1 radar, suddenly the mission was a walk in the park because destroyers was suddenly visible from further than 3km away

3 minutes ago, Absolute0CA said:

I did it first try with 4 ships with 4x3 15" armed ships since the 15" guns were actually better than the 16" with more funds. Admittedly it was only narrowly, and i had to mirco both my BBs and my DDs.

there are no friendly dds on the modern battleship mission, only have whatever you design/build

12 minutes ago, DeiLwynnA said:

there are no friendly dds on the modern battleship mission, only have whatever you design/build

Whoops, got missions mixed up, yes I have with a pair of 16" armed ships though they have to have a minimum of 30kn and a 5" deck otherwise your borked.