Game-Labs Forum

My thoughts on the game

Rubber_Duck05

Hello everyone, i don't really post on forums and my grammar isn't really the best. but i felt the need to at least put some input and my thoughts on the game in its current state anyways....

This game is great so far, definitely on the right track and with some appropriate polish has the potential to become a gem. i do realize its alpha and you "the Devs" still have a long ways to go in regards to development and in game features.  I will just make a few points of things that caught my attention and my thoughts on them. In no way is this hard criticism, i have big hopes for this game THIS IS the naval game i have always wanted. i used to play the old(new then😂) PTO and Naval Ops games back in the day to get my naval warfare fix hopefull

Shipbuilder

1. i instantly spotted a few nation specific parts such as the USN cagemasts😍, South Carolina BB Hull?🤩 and what i think is a French BB hull?👍 i was overjoyed when i came across this, fingers crossed this gets developed much further

2. building a ship was very easy, simple, straightforward and gets you in action quickly although i felt like i couldn't get parts in "just the right spot", positioning the super structure and funnels felt a bit limited by the "snap to" locations provided on the hulls. perhaps a slider to adjust and fine tune the position (something akin to Kerbal space program parts adjustment)? and or just put snap locations the whole length of the hull? 

3. looking at the hulls themselves left me wondering in the end as to how much customization we will have over them? length, beam and hull form will this be able to be adjusted? 

Combat

1. I don't have too much to say about it feels good so far, torpedoes feel a little wonky, needs a little balance here and there. AI could use a little polish, Allied ship division formations appear to go crazy when your lead ship takes certain amount of dmg which i thought was odd. idk i will keep experimenting with it

2. it would be nice to perform maneuvers hopefully this is possible eventually

Conclusion

I feel the game is off to great start like i said above. i feel the shipbuilder could use a little more refinement but overall is off to a great start. Combat is good so far didn't find myself struggling to figure out what to do or how to do things (looking at you RTW) but again just needs more refinement, anyways i can't wait to see the campaign. you all really doing a good job keep up the good work.

Hi,

From what I've seen we're not exactly strict on grammar and punctuation around here, so I wouldn't be worried about that LOL.

Your initial impressions and comments capture at a high level much of what's contained in the rest of the forum topics, so I'd say just about everyone will agree with you.

I think we're all keen to see where the devs can take this promising start.

Cheers